Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 29 2012
By: JERM7 MVP Support 4692 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

unable to give kudos

5 replies 168 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble giving kudos today?  I've tried a few times with different posts and it just says "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."  

 

I haven't given any kudos today, although I was on pretty late yesterday.  So it doesn't seem to be a kudos flood problem (I'm guessing that resets at midnight Pacific time? which is well after I quit), or authentication mismatch or something like that (sometimes I get this message and refreshing solves it).  

Message 1 of 6 (168 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
30449 posts
 

Re: unable to give kudos

Nov 30, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble giving kudos today?  I've tried a few times with different posts and it just says "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."  

 

I haven't given any kudos today, although I was on pretty late yesterday.  So it doesn't seem to be a kudos flood problem (I'm guessing that resets at midnight Pacific time? which is well after I quit), or authentication mismatch or something like that (sometimes I get this message and refreshing solves it).  


I've had no issues giving Kudos today.

 

The usual reason is because you've reached the limit of 25 in any 24 hour period, although you say that's unikely to be the problem with you.

 

Message 2 of 6 (166 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/26/2007
Online
11176 posts
 

Re: unable to give kudos

Nov 30, 2012

It appears to be working fine on my end. The black patch with the stars is the give-a-kudos button, whereas the one to the left is... uh, er, I'd have to check again. :smileywink:


Message 3 of 6 (164 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Offline
4692 posts
 

Re: unable to give kudos

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It appears to be working fine on my end. The black patch with the stars is the give-a-kudos button, whereas the one to the left is... uh, er, I'd have to check again. :smileywink:


Well, thanks for the kudos :smileytongue:.  I'm not sure what you mean by "the one to the left," but I'm well aware of how to give kudos, it just isn't working :smileysad:.  I'll see if restarting my computer helps, but I have to finish up some stuff first.

 

Edit: It works now, after restarting.  Strange, I don't think I've had it happen before, and restarting the browser wasn't enough.

 

Edit 2: Not directly related, but I got kudos flood after 8 kudos, so I guess it is time-based and not day-based (i.e. I must have given enough kudos in the last 24 hours, but not today, on Thursday).  I never really paid attention before, or just forgot.

Message 4 of 6 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
30449 posts
 

Re: unable to give kudos

Nov 30, 2012

You could try logging out of the Forums & logging in again to see if that helps too.

Message 5 of 6 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
30449 posts
 

Re: unable to give kudos

Nov 30, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It appears to be working fine on my end. The black patch with the stars is the give-a-kudos button, whereas the one to the left is... uh, er, I'd have to check again. :smileywink:


Well, thanks for the kudos :smileytongue:.  I'm not sure what you mean by "the one to the left," but I'm well aware of how to give kudos, it just isn't working :smileysad:.  I'll see if restarting my computer helps, but I have to finish up some stuff first.

 

Edit: It works now, after restarting.  Strange, I don't think I've had it happen before, and restarting the browser wasn't enough.

 

Edit 2: Not directly related, but I got kudos flood after 8 kudos, so I guess it is time-based and not day-based (i.e. I must have given enough kudos in the last 24 hours, but not today, on Thursday).  I never really paid attention before, or just forgot.


That is exactly it, like I said above a few posts up it's 25 Kudos in any 24 hours period, that 24 hour period can cover two days.

 

Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)