Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 23 2013
By: Sweet2525 PlayStation MVP 4674 posts

clicking on links

4 replies 114 views Edited Jul 23, 2013
If someone supplys a link to something on the forums can you get a virus..is it safe to click on links and go to that site..what are the risks
sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7825 posts

Re: clicking on links

Jul 23, 2013

Any link that takes you to a location within PlayStation.com and the forums is safe. But any link that takes you outside of PlayStation can potentially be a risk, much like everything else on the internet. Always look at the links and where they're going to take you before clicking on them so that you can judge the potential risk of where ever that link will send you.

Always remember that the internet is full of both good and bad things and it is up to your judgement as to where you end up. Any and all links that are posted by the general userbase on the forums is subject to the same risks as anything else on the net. If you find a link that looks like it's risky report it to the Mods so that they can investigate. This is a userbased forums, so it's up to the users to make sure that the content and links remain risk free.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4674 posts

Jul 23, 2013
someone sent me a message to my mail box here they started a posting board. It was a random note. Never heard of the person before..
sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5603 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
If someone supplys a link to something on the forums can you get a virus..is it safe to click on links and go to that site..what are the risks

I can't get a virus from any of the links on the forums because I only post on the forums with my PS3. You can't get a virus from a link with a PS3. The worst thing that can happen with a PS3 is that you will not be able to open the the link.

pink-panther-dancing_1107.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7825 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
someone sent me a message to my mail box here they started a posting board. It was a random note. Never heard of the person before..

More times that not these types of messages are ad spam. I don't recommend clicking the links unless you know the person sending the message and what they're trying to link you to. Instead I would forward the message to a member of the Mod team, and let them know who sent the message so that they can look into it and make sure that you don't receive anymore ad spam.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (91 Views)