Jan 05 2013
By: Kid_Fleetfoot Fender Bender 2394 posts
Accepted Solution

can't start new thread on forums

[ Edited ]
3 replies 227 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

but I'm going to try again. I have Mac PowerPC and use Safari. Only other browser that makes forum readable is Opera which I'm on. I can Reply to posts with Mac & Safari. I don't start many threads so if this is a new problems I don't know.

EDIT: Well! I just did, didn't I? Yes I did using Opera. However on initial startup thread using Rich Text the Icons for Bold  Italic etc don't show up. They do on Reply.

Firefox doesn't work as to readability nor does TenFourFox7450.

Problem solved I guess, sort of. 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28016 posts

Re: can't start new thread on forums

Jan 5, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

but I'm going to try again. I have Mac PowerPC and use Safari. Only other browser that makes forum readable is Opera which I'm on. I can Reply to posts with Mac & Safari. I don't start many threads so if this is a new problems I don't know.

EDIT: Well! I just did, didn't I? Yes I did using Opera. However on initial startup thread using Rich Text the Icons for Bold  Italic etc don't show up. They do on Reply.

Yes you did!

I, actually a few of us had some issues for a while with Chrome, although I'm using it now as I type this, I use Firefox on my MacBook & Chrome on my PC.

Have you tried deleting your cookies & signing out then back in to the Forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2394 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Yes you did!

I, actually a few of us had some issues for a while with Chrome, although I'm using it now as I type this, I use Firefox on my MacBook & Chrome on my PC.

I deleted cookies and signed out. I still don't see the top line of options like bold, italics, putting in links etc however I do see them plain as day on replying.

I'm guessing I can post a new thread just like I did and maybe even with Safari. I'm also guessing you have a Mac with Intel instead of the older PowerPC if you can use Firefox.

The better they make things the harder they are to use, at least sometimes. 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28016 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Yes you did!

I deleted cookies and signed out. I still don't see the top line of options like bold, italics, putting in links etc however I do see them plain as day on replying.

I'm guessing I can post a new thread just like I did and maybe even with Safari. I'm also guessing you have a Mac with Intel instead of the older PowerPC if you can use Firefox.

The better they nake things the marder they are to use, at least sometimes. 

Yes correct.

See how it goes for a while & report back with any further issues, if it's something that comes up again let one of the Moderators know & they'll have a member of the team look into it for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (200 Views)
0 Likes