Oct 13 2012
By: KemetMan72-_ Sackboy 587 posts

What's with this forum?

12 replies 458 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

When I post a new message it doesn't take me back to the main. I can't vote or edit my posts when I try to vote i get anoher forum screen....when I try to edit I get Sony's copy cancel menu....did something change here?

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (458 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28994 posts

Re: What's with this forum?

Oct 13, 2012

Chrome isn't working if that is what you're using. They know about it and a fix has been identified. Heaven knows when it'll go live. If you put www. in front of the url it'll work for now.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (446 Views)
Gaming Beast
1817 posts

Oct 13, 2012

well, look like Lithium is not better than chrome this morning. I'm using my ps3, as always. But right now it's barely working. Dont know if they updated something without telling or just having proble but something is going on.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1977 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I thought it was just me, all this time with that problem. LOL

The same exact things have been happening to me, using the PS3 browser. 

I hope to gawd PS4 has a better browser in it...cuz this is crap. Why would they use Mozilla anyway? Who in their right mind EVER uses Mozilla? With so many web browsers out there (Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) it doesnt make any sense that Sony would choose Mozilla as their native browser on the PS3! And then not update it, routinely over 6 years, and expect people to be HAPPY with it.  UGH

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1977 posts

Oct 13, 2012

*Edits out Firefox from the above statement* LOLZ

Gee, i would love to edit this out...but as the nature of the thread states...the PS3 browser wont let me click on "options" to edit anything. 

Whats worse, is that the mobile version of these forums (at least on my phone) doesnt even have an edit option either. 

Anyway...yeah, it's Mozilla Firefox. Would still prefer Internet Explorer over the crap sony stuffed in here tho. LOL

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2384 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I have problems with my Safari browser on Mac PowerPC. I open tabs or windows to get to the links in the forum, the forum links or posts. The Safari problems just popped up the last few days. My secondary browser is TenFourFox which works fine as of now but it doesn't play videos at least most of them on YouTube. This is for my computer, not PS3 which I don't use on the forum. An indication that there's a change in the forum? I don't know.
Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Chrome isn't working if that is what you're using. They know about it and a fix has been identified. Heaven knows when it'll go live. If you put www. in front of the url it'll work for now.

No wonder, I thought I got my posting and viewing privileges removed :smileysad: 

Glad to hear its just a browser issue and they're working on a fix.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (289 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4394 posts

Oct 14, 2012
None of my Apple products besides my iPhone work, all the links are broken so I cannot view threads or post unless I'm using the mobile theme on iPhone. This happened right after the update on Wednesday for me. Doesn't matter which browser I use. Support says this may be due to upgrades to the system for the overhaul on Monday, if this doesn't get cleared up for me and my Apple items then this is going to be a pretty useless upgrade. Maybe we will have forums integration to the PS3 and Home though. Fingerz'n'toez crossed! o.o
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I wish sony would update the flash plug-in....maybe with their new browser...FF works the best for me as far as compatibility goes...Chrome there are still a lot of sights that don't fully support it.

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1421 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:
I have problems with my Safari browser on Mac PowerPC. I open tabs or windows to get to the links in the forum, the forum links or posts. The Safari problems just popped up the last few days. My secondary browser is TenFourFox which works fine as of now but it doesn't play videos at least most of them on YouTube. This is for my computer, not PS3 which I don't use on the forum. An indication that there's a change in the forum? I don't know.

There were some recent updates to the Safari Browser and the Adobe Flashplayer for Mac. You might want to check to make sure you have taken the updates. Not sure what OS you are running, I am still using Snow Leopard (Mountain Lion might have a different update schedule). With the updates, I am not experiencing problems with the Forum.

Hope this helps. Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (205 Views)
0 Likes