Highlighted
Feb 23 2014
By: DrGadget Welcoming Committee 34268 posts
Online

Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
43 replies 7232 views Edited last month

If you're new here and need help finding your way around, why not ask someone in the Welcoming Committee?  We recognize how large and intimidating this forum can be at times, and we'd like to make it that much easier for you to come in, find what you need, become excited about the community, and maybe stay a while longer.

 

WC Banner

 

 

Newcomers - need help getting around this forum?

 

        MVP  Asuka424   Registered: 10-11-2007

         WC  Aureilia   Registered: 06-13-2009

        MVP  bob-maul   Registered: 10-01-2008

         WC  Box9Missingo   Registered: 05-22-2013

         WC  chaos_789   Registered: 11-29-2007

        MVP  deadend123   Registered: 08-20-2007

         WC  DrGadget   Registered: 01-18-2004

        MVP  DVM-501   Registered: 01-25-2007

        MVP  HorrorGod   Registered: 09-12-2007

         WC  Ikit-Klaw   Registered: 06-11-2013

         WC  ITCOB1   Registered: 06-18-2011

         WC  JulianMatisse   Registered: 03-02-2013

MVP Support  KANE-FIRE   Registered: 08-18-2009

        MVP  King_xO-AsSaSSin   Registered: 08-17-2012

         WC  Legendary_Vicki   Registered: 05-30-2012

         WC  Nakatsu_Hime   Registered: 07-15-2010

MVP Support  ne1atall   Registered: 03-01-2010

         WC  ossiecastro   Registered: 07-27-2012

         WC  O_Mally   Registered: 07-05-2013

         WC  smokingpistol   Registered: 11-11-2010

MVP Support  SweetPoison13   Registered: 12-29-2003

         WC  TSUNADE1224   Registered: 01-17-2012

         WC  Unclear_Motive   Registered: 07-07-2013

MVP Support  Xuchilbara   Registered: 12-18-2002

MVP Support  younginflavor18   Registered: 07-16-2012

MVP Support  Zinacef   Registered: 02-26-2007

Message 1 of 44 (7,232 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Online
34268 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2014

 

Members of the Welcoming Committee,

 

It's one thing to SAY welcome to the forums.  It's another thing entirely to welcome someone by solving their immediate problem instantly.  People remember that.

 

 

Message 2 of 44 (7,229 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Online
34268 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2014

Important Links:

 

Link to the WC thread of Forum Resources.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/Welcoming-Committee-Forum-Resource...

 

Link to original Welcoming Committee thread in the FAQ board:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Welcoming-Committee-v-2-0/td...

 

Link the the FAQ board:  There's some excellent information there.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/bd-p/21099

Message 3 of 44 (7,228 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
35912 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2014

DrGadget wrote:

 

Members of the Welcoming Committee,

 

It's one thing to SAY welcome to the forums.  It's another thing entirely to welcome someone by solving their immediate problem instantly.  People remember that.

 

 


I know I'm no-longer in the 'WC', but I just wanted to say that I couldn't agree more with the above Dr G.

 

Welcoming is all good & well & should be encouraged by everyone, it's something I think you know I do with virtually EVERY new visitor to the Forums I am responding to.

 

But if members of the 'WC' in particular are just saying 'Welcome' then disappearing, that is not enough, actually as 'WC' members that's just rude & not very 'welcoming' at all, 'WC' members should be setting an example, especially as they could the the first person the poster comes into contact with.

 

I know this likely applies to only a small number in the 'WC', & is not the general rule, but to me if that's all some members of the 'WC' are going to do, then at the very least if you can't help them personally point them in the right direction or maybe don't post at all.

 

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 44 (7,188 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Online
34268 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Mar 5, 2014

Congratulations to the newest member of the team - Box9Missingo

 

Good job!

Message 5 of 44 (7,089 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
10790 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

 

Members of the Welcoming Committee,

 

It's one thing to SAY welcome to the forums.  It's another thing entirely to welcome someone by solving their immediate problem instantly.  People remember that.

 

 


I know I'm no-longer in the 'WC', but I just wanted to say that I couldn't agree more with the above Dr G.

 

Welcoming is all good & well & should be encouraged by everyone, it's something I think you know I do with virtually EVERY new visitor to the Forums I am responding to.

 

But if members of the 'WC' in particular are just saying 'Welcome' then disappearing, that is not enough, actually as 'WC' members that's just rude & not very 'welcoming' at all, 'WC' members should be setting an example, especially as they could the the first person the poster comes into contact with.

 

I know this likely applies to only a small number in the 'WC', & is not the general rule, but to me if that's all some members of the 'WC' are going to do, then at the very least if you can't help them personally point them in the right direction or maybe don't post at all.

 

BRIT-KO


Seconded Brit. It's one thing to just welcome them, but it's another thing to ask them if they need any help, help them out if they need it or just ask them what their favorite game is or something along those lines to help them feel a little more at ease. There's nothing worse than jumping into the forums and feeling as if you're being circled by sharks. That's something I wouldn't want anyone to feel like. It would be one forum experience that would have someone running in the other direction.

 

I remember back when I originally joined, the Nsider forums were being shut down and we were all refugees of some sort or another... but then we came here, back when it was black and red of course, and we were welcomed with open arms (for the most part). Didn't feel threatened in any way. When I came back the second time (due to issues with my old account, I had to start fresh), I still got the same feeling to an extent. I'd hate to see that kind of feeling either go by the wayside or die. It would be a true shame.

 

@ DrGadget: Thanks. Robot Happy

Message 6 of 44 (7,086 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
35912 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

You're a welcome addtion to the 'WC' @Box9Missingo , congratulations to you.

 

BRIT-KO

Message 7 of 44 (7,079 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
10790 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

You're a welcome addtion to the 'WC' @Box9Missingo , congratulations to you.

 

BRIT-KO


Thanks Brit. You were good as well. Keep up the good work helping wise, we need all the help we can get, 'WC' member or not.

Message 8 of 44 (7,074 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/16/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

May 29, 2014
Glad to be apart of this committee
Message 9 of 44 (6,115 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
35912 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2014

J_Gainey wrote:
Glad to be apart of this committee

@J_Gainey - Erm but you're not, are you, wait, with one post no, you can't be, also can't work out the 'Like' from UJ either!!

 

BRIT-KO

Message 10 of 44 (6,078 Views)