Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 17 2013
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4403 posts

There is having a good time, and there is being a Nuisance.

16 replies 463 views Edited May 17, 2013

Hello to all who have been here, and Welcome to those who are new.

I wanted to take a moment to highlight some greater points of the Forum, and point out what will not "fly".

It is too often the case, someone comes to the Forum to blast and make noise, but I will get to the negative last.  To the positive aspect of the Forum, I would like to point out the benefits and the possibilities for all.

The PlayStation Community Forum serves as a meeting place for those of us PS Enthusiasts.  There are many great things about PS, and at the same time nothing is perfect.  We gather here to share ideas, help others in need, and work through common problems.

It is the sideline intent of this Forum to understand the PS User and what we are all about.  By helping one another, informing each other of events and the like, as well as having a general  comradely, we all do our parts to further the PlayStation Brand and experience.

We are ALL here as part of the Community.  No one, is more special than the other, and it is important to remember that.  Our thoughts and ideas are passed on by those who monitor and manage the Forum.  Just because we don't get an "at a' boy", does not mean we are not heard or noted.

Working together, we build this Community, and we help Sony.  Negativity detracts from this initiative, and makes the Forum less fun and informative for those looking for such attributes.

To this I speak, when I say there are Nuisances form time to time.  I, myself, came here initially to vent about an unfortunate disappointment with a PS Product.  I will not get into the details, but I can assure you; I too started as a nuisance of sorts.  Some helpful, now friends, Forum Members helped to steer me in the right direction.  It was a proverbial "kick in the butt".  None the less, I came around to my senses and learned to help, share, and be a part of the Community I have grown to enjoy very much.

There are those who come here, or have even been here a while, who get a bee in their bonnet.  Quite suddenly, they want nothing more than to trash on PS, and Members alike.  Despite all genuine efforts to console and help redirect their fury, some of these individuals take it upon themselves to be a thorn.

Trashing on other members, just because they do not agree with your point of view is not a proficient manner of Posting.  If you have a debate, and you have facts to back your opinions, then have at it.  Just keep it respectable and on the level.  The Moderation Team does a fantastic job of monitoring this, and certainly does not need my help.  

I only wish to pass some knowledge; how to avoid getting one's self into trouble, and keep anyone from needlessly wasting the time of the Mod team and other members.

Getting personal is by far, the last thing you should do.  Behind the monitor, past the walls of text, there is another person, with their own beliefs, virtues and feelings.  Do not think it is harmless, or even funny to hide behind the ambiguity of a Forum to trash on someone and their personal being.  It is bullying at the core, and is most unacceptable.

We have enough bullying in this World, and we do not need it here.  For those of you reading this, and get what I am saying, I need not explain anymore.  For those of you reading this, chuckling and thinking of a way to Troll it, Flame on it, or just be a sour malcontent, let me help you out.  DON'T BOTHER!

Find yourself another outlet for your short comings.  Get a hobby, other than Trolling and Spamming.  Have the common decency to respect the people in this Forum, as well as what the Forum is actually about.  

Anyone has my respect,  until they prove otherwise.  I have said this before, and I will always say it.  It takes a lot to get under my skin, and I can take a hit.  I am speaking out for those who may feel less able to defend themselves, or use poor judgment when dealing with Nuisances.  Respect one another, that is all I am saying.

Have fun, share, teach, learn.  THAT is what the PlayStation Community Forum is about, far and beyond the games we play.  Call it what ever you want, but I feel I have an outlet here to speak my mind, and have my thoughts seen/heard.  For that I am grateful and loyal.  Fanboyism?  Maybe, but I will wear that label with pride.

So;

Welcome to the PlayStation COMMUNITY Forum.

Moble

Message 1 of 17 (463 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7599 posts

Re: There is having a good time, and there is being a Nuisance.

May 18, 2013
Well said Moble. Well said.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 2 of 17 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5057 posts

May 18, 2013
Folks have been posting issues about quality on home for years. still to this day my chairs in my apt being a female avatar I still when I talk sitting I lean through the chair through the back of the chair mind you..Now we wrote notes for years on the forums and it fell on deaf ears. The forums are ok on here but alot of content that needs to be addressed falls on deaf ears..I bet the farm that the forums will be broke for over 3weeks ...who is having content issues on there home page...I am ..so I just post stuff here now on the forums with a grain of salt...Nothing will change on home as long as its beta and they dont have to give refunds for stuff that dont work or will never work...I bet acorn park never pans out also..sorry to be so negative about your positive post on the forums. But why should they make stuff better when you dont have to hand out refunds. so post away folks complain. Nothing is going to change untill sony ps home is no longer a beta project
sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Message 3 of 17 (432 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29744 posts

May 18, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
Folks have been posting issues about quality on home for years. still to this day my chairs in my apt being a female avatar I still when I talk sitting I lean through the chair through the back of the chair mind you..Now we wrote notes for years on the forums and it fell on deaf ears. The forums are ok on here but alot of content that needs to be addressed falls on deaf ears..I bet the farm that the forums will be broke for over 3weeks ...who is having content issues on there home page...I am ..so I just post stuff here now on the forums with a grain of salt...Nothing will change on home as long as its beta and they dont have to give refunds for stuff that dont work or will never work...I bet acorn park never pans out also..sorry to be so negative about your positive post on the forums. But why should they make stuff better when you dont have to hand out refunds. so post away folks complain. Nothing is going to change untill sony ps home is no longer a beta project

This has nothing to do with the OP's Thread above Sweet, I know you're unhappy about some things right now, mostly 'HOME' things from the sounds of it, but posting this same message in various Forums just to 'vent' will not help your cause, the 'HOME' Forum is probably the best place for your 'HOME' vents, you also already have a seperate Thread yourself about it here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/Forums-Isses-How-long-will-they-la...

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 17 (429 Views)
VP of Gaming
29744 posts

May 18, 2013

moble,

First things first...

Okay, now I've got that out of the way a response..

To be completely honest I've been struggling to find a way to respond to this Thread since it was posted yesterday, not because I disagree with any of the content but because I was finding it pretty hard to add to what is an already very good post.

These Forums, any Forums really can be tough, much like the East End of London where my Father was originally from they are a melting pot of MANY different people, we don't see color or race on the Forums, we don't see age either, or what people look like, how they dress, what they do for a living, we don't know about their sexual persuasion, what car they drive, whether someone is Catholic, Muslim or Jewish, whether they are unemployed, on benefits, sick with illness, disabled, we generally see nor hear about any of these things & nor should we for they don't matter, not one bit.

What does matter is that we all, whatever our age, color, fashion sense, vehicle of choice, sexual persuasion get along & are respectful of each-other, but there's the rub, we won't, unfortunately it'll never happen, that would be a perfect world & we what we all live in is I hate to say far from that.

Some people are here now or come here just to 'stir the pot' so to speak, those people do little to nothing for the Forums & make it a more unwelcoming place to be & to be honest really shouldn't bother being here, they do this to get attention, to rile people, to get at people, to try to get a reaction, avoid those posts & people everyone, trust me it's not worth it, for then they have won.

Many people, much like yourself initially moble come to these Forums to 'vent' some frustration at Sony, or the system, that's why a lot of people go to the Forums, to 'vent', to 'shout', to make themselves feel better, even if no one listens, it makes us feel better, once we've done that we leave, a lot never to be seen again. You stayed, & personally I think the Forums are better for it.

I know I'm repeating some of what you have already said, apologies for that, like I said at the very start I was struggling to respond anyway.

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 17 (428 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

May 18, 2013

Well said, Moble.

Cheers

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 17 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32913 posts

May 19, 2013

I'll spare you the wall-o-text and just give you the kudo.

Message 7 of 17 (390 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1621 posts

May 19, 2013
Wow, just wow, nice, very well said, :smileyhappy: I agree with you...
Message 8 of 17 (372 Views)
Survivor
1707 posts

May 19, 2013

Preaching to the choir.  Good sentiment but do the trolls and what not even read this in the first place and if they do the big question is do they care?  I think the best thing is for everyone to not take themselves too seriously.  And does Home itself need mvps or just more guides?

Message 9 of 17 (367 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4867 posts

May 19, 2013

You made some really good points, Moble.  I know I'm not angel at times but I do agree with you. :smileyhappy:

Live and Let Live

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Message 10 of 17 (341 Views)