Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Re: So ummmm. who likes the new forum look?

Feb 28, 2010

I never liked the EU Forum, and was happy we had ours different. Now it looks like it caught up with us.

I obviously prefer the way it was, but I guess I just have to get use to this. I also don't like that this forum seems more flash based. We have the newest version of Flash blocked here in the office, so this is pretty difficult for me. Let's hope this doesn't keep me from visiting the forums.

Message 31 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1826 posts

Feb 28, 2010

since Sony does not give a **bleep** about what we think , we'll have to continue using the forum they way they wanted it, even if a vast majority of people hates it.

no skins no themes , no one was complaining about the way it was before  

Photobucket
Message 32 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Feb 28, 2010

I hate the new look but I can't help but think this reminds me of another massive mistake by someone involved with Sony. They were too full of themselves to admit they screwed up and wouldn't just rollback to the way things were before.

I hate to see when others make that same mistake.

Message 33 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Feb 28, 2010

to be honest i don't like it at all , i wish they ddn't change it.   and its pretty buggy right now too.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 34 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Feb 28, 2010

I think it is god awful. I posted in a light color due to the black background and now every post I have ever made all 500 and some are barely readable. It is ignorant and I think they might have thought about it before going form a dark background to a white one. Furthermore, half the links do not work. I can not even get to my inbox as the only link there is to get there at the top right, does not even highlight when I go over it. All in all I think this is a horrible update and was about worthless as I do not see any improvement at all and in fact all I see it has done is make things worse. I have now just spend 15 mins or so going over my club thread and recoloring the text which they give the option of doing but then you might as well simply use back writing or grey or some color that the next time the decide to mess with us you might still be able to read you old posts. Awful plain and simple - I hate this update.

Message 35 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Feb 28, 2010

Mr_Lochwood wrote:

I think it is god awful. I posted in a light color due to the black background and now every post I have ever made all 500 and some are barely readable. It is ignorant and I think they might have thought about it before going form a dark background to a white one. Furthermore, half the links do not work. I can not even get to my inbox as the only link there is to get there at the top right, does not even highlight when I go over it. All in all I think this is a horrible update and was about worthless as I do not see any improvement at all and in fact all I see it has done is make things worse. I have now just spend 15 mins or so going over my club thread and recoloring the text which they give the option of doing but then you might as well simply use back writing or grey or some color that the next time the decide to mess with us you might still be able to read you old posts. Awful plain and simple - I hate this update.

What about the people that used light colored skins with the last version of the forums? All of your posts were barely visible to them since you posted in a light color.
Message 36 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Feb 28, 2010

It was your decision to go with bright orange in the first place against the defaults. The defaults changed and work well for a lot of people, so you will have to adjust. The stock text colour was very readable before and still is. I can't say the transition was too unexpected, as most of the Web has completed the migration to black on white for a more professional look.

By the end of the month, we'll all wonder together what the big fuss was about.

Message 37 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Feb 28, 2010

I guess I would have to say then, why the heck give us the option to change our text color if we are not going to be allowed to keep it. I am not the only person to use a light color due to the default black background and I had just as much right to color my text as anyone else. I also have the right not to like this new lay out just as much as the rest of the people complaining about it and the new white background is one of the biggest complaints. So get off me!! I am expressing my dislike of these forums to Lithium as we were asked to do. If you don't like that I have a problem with the new layout then to bad. Lithium wishes to know what we think.

Happy Home Days to you all always!

Message 38 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Feb 28, 2010

Don't get me wrong. I'm not denying your right to complain about the new changes. You still have the right to colour your text. However, the world moves on, and now we have a brighter theme. You have to adapt and colour your text differently now. Cheers.

Message 39 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 28, 2010

I kinda like it. Takes some getting used to

Photobucket
Message 40 of 45 (5 Views)
0 Likes