Jun 17 2013
By: buckallmighty Keyblade Wielder 7052 posts
Accepted Solution

Seriously, help me understand.

8 replies 186 views Edited Jun 17, 2013
1: If the forum gurus can not look up that guy and put an end to him harassing her.. Then why the hell does it put my ip address on my profile page at all?

2: if you can delete post as if they were never there then why was i denied this option when i asked to have my profile removed from these forums?
Message 1 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31773 posts

Re: Seriously, help me understand.

Jun 17, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
1: If the forum gurus can not look up that guy and put an end to him harassing her.. Then why the hell does it put my ip address on my profile page at all?

2: if you can delete post as if they were never there then why was i denied this option when i asked to have my profile removed from these forums?

These questions appear to relate to previous questions or issues you've been having, correct?

If so then I am somewhat confused by your post & the questions, especially the first one, you're asking them like we all know what the issue is already when most of us will not.

Forum profiles are not deleted, if you no-longer wish to participate in the Community then you simply stop coming here.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 9 (183 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7052 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Yes it relates to a few past issues brit. No one can really answer either of these besides the mod on duty. Thanks for trying to help though.
Message 3 of 9 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7052 posts

Jun 17, 2013
And they wont.. So whatever i guess... Just delete it.
Message 4 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31773 posts

Jun 17, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
And they wont.. So whatever i guess... Just delete it.

There are always a number of Moderators on duty at any one time buck, feel free to PM one of them if you require their assistance, it is unlikely one would respond in an open Forum like this to a question, a PM is the best way.

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 9 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7839 posts

Jun 17, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:

I'll ignore #2 as Brit has already answer it.

Harassment can be stopped, but in order for it to be noticeable to the Mod team it should be reported. If you ever see or experience harassment report it to the Mods. If you have reported it to the Mods and you see the behavior continue then report the continued behavior. The Mods may be sending the user warnings via the Private Messenger about the behavior to try and get the user to stop. But if the behavior doesn't stop then the Mods would resort to a ban. This usually will get the behavior to stop, but it's not something that is generally left as a last resort.

Message 6 of 9 (142 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7052 posts

Jun 18, 2013
It seems to be continuing tho.. Seen it with my own eyes for the last two days. Who ever it is just keeps making a new account and going right back at it. Hence the reason its pointless to have my ip address on my profile page. If its not helping them in any way and cant be used to put an end to the things ive been seeing, it shouldnt be there. Period.

And brit i didnt want to leave the forums i wanted to put an end to someone sifting through all my old posts and replies. They could have removed them all. Ive seen them do it for someone else.

But it is what it is. Official answers and fair treatment across the board are things of the past. I will just settle for what i can get. Tired of fighting with the management of these forums. If i have any other problems with the forums themself i will just find a new approach.
Message 7 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31773 posts

Jun 18, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
It seems to be continuing tho.. Seen it with my own eyes for the last two days. Who ever it is just keeps making a new account and going right back at it. Hence the reason its pointless to have my ip address on my profile page. If its not helping them in any way and cant be used to put an end to the things ive been seeing, it shouldnt be there. Period.

And brit i didnt want to leave the forums i wanted to put an end to someone sifting through all my old posts and replies. They could have removed them all. Ive seen them do it for someone else.

But it is what it is. Official answers and fair treatment across the board are things of the past. I will just settle for what i can get. Tired of fighting with the management of these forums. If i have any other problems with the forums themself i will just find a new approach.

Aside from reporting the people you feel are in the wrong I can only suggest that you contact one of the Moderators via PM & ask them about the situation in more detail, Trawnza is usually very good about getting back to people with responses.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-a...

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7839 posts

Jun 18, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:

I don't know what the policies and practices are for moderation on these forums. But I do know that generally speaking most communities on the net will only issue a ban on the username, leaving an IP ban as an absolute last resort for those who absolutely refuse to learn from a normal ban on their username. This is because an IP ban is a shotgun approach. A lot of people on the net, especially within the same region often times share a set of IP addresses. So if you set an IP ban on a user you run the risk of also banning valid members of the forums who periodically share the same IP.

Personally I'd do as Brit suggested. Take the issue to the Mod team directly. Chances are that they have been dealing with your reports, but do to busyness haven't been able to take the time to be aware that the issues are coming from the same person with multiple accounts. If you present this to the Mod team then they can look through the records and find out if it truly is the same guy or if there's a group of people that are causing the problem.

Message 9 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes