Sep 19 2012
By: semajmarc87 PlayStation MVP 1849 posts

PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

15 replies 205 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

I think it would be a good idea if PlayStation Plus members got a plus sign next to their avatar.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (205 Views)
VP of Gaming
25962 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

I think it would be a good idea if PlayStation Plus members got a plus sign next to their avatar.

A number of people have previosuly  suggested this, being a Plus Subscriber myself I agree with you, I'd like to see it integrated into the main Forums too, they have the Plus signs next to our names on the PS Blog, I'm sure, with a little re- working it would be possible here too.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30900 posts

Sep 19, 2012

would be a neat idea.

although depending on how they do it it could just make our post displays even more cluttered. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1849 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

A number of people have previosuly  suggested this, being a Plus Subscriber myself I agree with you, I'd like to see it integrated into the main Forums too, they have the Plus signs next to our names on the PS Blog, I'm sure, with a little0re- working it would be possible here too.

I'd like it to be done the way it's done on the PS Blog. I agree. If they are running out of space, they could do away with that thing that calls me a grease monkey and you a ghost of sparta. I don't think that's really very necessary. Do the people who can implement this read this forum or should I post this somewhere else?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25962 posts

Sep 20, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

A number of people have previosuly  suggested this, being a Plus Subscriber myself I agree with you, I'd like to see it integrated into the main Forums too, they have the Plus signs next to our names on the PS Blog, I'm sure, with a little0re- working it would be possible here too.

I'd like it to be done the way it's done on the PS Blog. I agree. If they are running out of space, they could do away with that thing that calls me a grease monkey and you a ghost of sparta. I don't think that's really very necessary. Do the people who can implement this read this forum or should I post this somewhere else?

I'd certainly like to see it introduced here on the main Forums, however personally I like the "names/titles" we have, it's a little fun thing to have them, I still think there's room to the left for a small gold Plus symbol.

Also the people that can have some sway/say over whether it can be implemented read this, yes they do, here's hoping it's introduced one day huh!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1849 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Has anyone who works on this website read this yet? This is something I think almost everybody wants.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4008 posts

Sep 26, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

Has anyone who works on this website read this yet? This is something I think almost everybody wants.

Yep, we have. :smileywink:  I don't have anything to comment on this one way or the other, but I will confirm that we have read this.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1849 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Tempest_Fire wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Yep, we have. :smileywink:  I don't have anything to comment on this one way or the other, but I will confirm that we have read this.

Okay, thank you. Let me know if there is anything new on this topic. It would be much appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Just curious, to what purpose would the Plus symbol serve?

I am not a Plus member.  I am not against it, I just do not get enough time on the console to justify the monthly cost, or however it is billed.  

I like that Sony has a "free" online service, that it is at least optional as to whether you want to pay for additional benefits or not.  So, why go Plus, and why should it be noted in forums?  Not slamming; just want to know.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (116 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25962 posts

Sep 27, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Just curious, to what purpose would the Plus symbol serve?

I am not a Plus member.  I am not against it, I just do not get enough time on the console to justify the monthly cost, or however it is billed.  

I like that Sony has a "free" online service, that it is at least optional as to whether you want to pay for additional benefits or not.  So, why go Plus, and why should it be noted in forums?  Not slamming; just want to know.

Moble

I've been a Plus Subscriber since day one & continue to be so to this day, if you've read the Thread you'll know that this is something I too support Moble.

If you've been there to post or read some of the others posts you'll have noticed that they were able to add the Plus symbol to our posts on the PS Blog so that each time we post there it shows that we're Plus Subscribers, some of us would like it implemented here too.

Having the time to be able to play the games offered is something I can understand, be it because of work or even home situations with childcare etc meaning some people find it impossible to find the time to play the game, I don't think $5.00 a month is much though, actually it's just under $5.00 a month!

Some people have slammed the idea because they see it as Plus Subscribers boasting that we can afford to be Subscribers, that has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's not a boasting hey look at me i can afford $5.00 a month thing at all, people who have that view are ignorant, it's just a way of us wanting to show that we're Plus Subscribers, that we're proud of it & if you have any questions about Plus asking someone who is easily identifiable as a subscriber would be easy to do.

Hope this explains at least my point of view.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (113 Views)
0 Likes