Reply
Sep 19 2012
By: semajmarc87 PlayStation MVP 3518 posts
Online

PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

15 replies 211 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

I think it would be a good idea if PlayStation Plus members got a plus sign next to their avatar.


PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 1 of 16 (211 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34253 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

I think it would be a good idea if PlayStation Plus members got a plus sign next to their avatar.


A number of people have previosuly  suggested this, being a Plus Subscriber myself I agree with you, I'd like to see it integrated into the main Forums too, they have the Plus signs next to our names on the PS Blog, I'm sure, with a little re- working it would be possible here too.

Message 2 of 16 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
33423 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 19, 2012

would be a neat idea.

although depending on how they do it it could just make our post displays even more cluttered. :smileysad:


Message 3 of 16 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
3518 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

I think it would be a good idea if PlayStation Plus members got a plus sign next to their avatar.


A number of people have previosuly  suggested this, being a Plus Subscriber myself I agree with you, I'd like to see it integrated into the main Forums too, they have the Plus signs next to our names on the PS Blog, I'm sure, with a little0re- working it would be possible here too.


I'd like it to be done the way it's done on the PS Blog. I agree. If they are running out of space, they could do away with that thing that calls me a grease monkey and you a ghost of sparta. I don't think that's really very necessary. Do the people who can implement this read this forum or should I post this somewhere else?


PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 4 of 16 (193 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34253 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 20, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

I think it would be a good idea if PlayStation Plus members got a plus sign next to their avatar.


A number of people have previosuly  suggested this, being a Plus Subscriber myself I agree with you, I'd like to see it integrated into the main Forums too, they have the Plus signs next to our names on the PS Blog, I'm sure, with a little0re- working it would be possible here too.


I'd like it to be done the way it's done on the PS Blog. I agree. If they are running out of space, they could do away with that thing that calls me a grease monkey and you a ghost of sparta. I don't think that's really very necessary. Do the people who can implement this read this forum or should I post this somewhere else?


I'd certainly like to see it introduced here on the main Forums, however personally I like the "names/titles" we have, it's a little fun thing to have them, I still think there's room to the left for a small gold Plus symbol.

 

Also the people that can have some sway/say over whether it can be implemented read this, yes they do, here's hoping it's introduced one day huh!

Message 5 of 16 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
3518 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 26, 2012

Has anyone who works on this website read this yet? This is something I think almost everybody wants.


PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 6 of 16 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
Registered: 11/02/2010
Offline
4738 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 26, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

Has anyone who works on this website read this yet? This is something I think almost everybody wants.


Yep, we have. :smileywink:  I don't have anything to comment on this one way or the other, but I will confirm that we have read this.


Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 7 of 16 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
3518 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 26, 2012

Tempest_Fire wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Has anyone who works on this website read this yet? This is something I think almost everybody wants.


Yep, we have. :smileywink:  I don't have anything to comment on this one way or the other, but I will confirm that we have read this.


Okay, thank you. Let me know if there is anything new on this topic. It would be much appreciated. :smileyhappy:


PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 8 of 16 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 27, 2012

Just curious, to what purpose would the Plus symbol serve?

 

 I am not a Plus member.  I am not against it, I just do not get enough time on the console to justify the monthly cost, or however it is billed.  

 

I like that Sony has a "free" online service, that it is at least optional as to whether you want to pay for additional benefits or not.  So, why go Plus, and why should it be noted in forums?  Not slamming; just want to know.

 

Moble

Message 9 of 16 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34253 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Plus members should have a plus sign next to their avatar.

Sep 27, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Just curious, to what purpose would the Plus symbol serve?

 

 I am not a Plus member.  I am not against it, I just do not get enough time on the console to justify the monthly cost, or however it is billed.  

 

I like that Sony has a "free" online service, that it is at least optional as to whether you want to pay for additional benefits or not.  So, why go Plus, and why should it be noted in forums?  Not slamming; just want to know.

 

Moble


I've been a Plus Subscriber since day one & continue to be so to this day, if you've read the Thread you'll know that this is something I too support Moble.

 

If you've been there to post or read some of the others posts you'll have noticed that they were able to add the Plus symbol to our posts on the PS Blog so that each time we post there it shows that we're Plus Subscribers, some of us would like it implemented here too.

 

Having the time to be able to play the games offered is something I can understand, be it because of work or even home situations with childcare etc meaning some people find it impossible to find the time to play the game, I don't think $5.00 a month is much though, actually it's just under $5.00 a month!

 

Some people have slammed the idea because they see it as Plus Subscribers boasting that we can afford to be Subscribers, that has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's not a boasting hey look at me i can afford $5.00 a month thing at all, people who have that view are ignorant, it's just a way of us wanting to show that we're Plus Subscribers, that we're proud of it & if you have any questions about Plus asking someone who is easily identifiable as a subscriber would be easy to do.

 

Hope this explains at least my point of view.

Message 10 of 16 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes