Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
28709 posts

Re: Official PlayStation Forum Update Feedback Thread

Mar 9, 2013

The 'General' Forums is still going through changes, if you refresh the page you'll find it is constantly changing, some of the Threads are so old too, I nearly replied to a 3 year old Thread earlier lol, so right now  it's not even a Forum worth going to until it's settled down, which sucks for people who are actually looking for help.

Hopefully it will 'settle' down some time soon, very soon!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 261 of 355 (260 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25626 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I like the change. There were a couple of hic-cups, but they finally worked out.

I suggest people relax and take their time before making a final judgement. After all, when we moved to Jive, people were upset. But many eventually became used to it. Then we came back to Lithium. Again people were upset and again we became used to it. And the same thing will happen with this change. we will get used to it.

And any suggested changes I have PMed to the Moderators to pass on to Lithium.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 262 of 355 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8480 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I like the change. There were a couple of hic-cups, but they finally worked out.

I suggest people relax and take their time before making a final judgement. After all, when we moved to Jive, people were upset. But many eventually became used to it. Then we came back to Lithium. Again people were upset and again we became used to it. And the same thing will happen with this change. we will get used to it.

Ppl really got upset switching from Jive back to Lithium?  I find that hard to believe...

Please use plain text.
Message 263 of 355 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8480 posts

Mar 9, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

Well i dont really see myself coming to these forums much now (Jive killed the forums and now this new layout might do the same).

You guys put way to many sub-forums into one big forum.  Who ever decided this was a good idea really shouldn't have a job. Im sure there could have been another way to redo the forums that would have made more sense then this current "shove everything into 1 of 5 areas".

The games section is fine because you can still find the game section you are looking to post in.  Off topic is fine cuz its just off topic stuff.  PlayStation General is a complete mess. 

I still do not see what was wrong with the previous layout that warrented this change.....

I understand the changes will 'upset' some but don't give up coming mixedkidbx, the changes are mostly cosmetic & the layout is generally much the same.

With regard to the merging of all the 'General' Forums, I completely agree with you, it sucks & was a real dumb idea, but apparently those Forums weren't getting too much 'traffic', at least not compared to other areas so merging them seemed to be good idea to the 'team', like I said I disagree with decision too but as I also said in a previous post we accept it & get used to it or we stop coming & leave.

I suggest you give it some time, especially with regard to the 'General' area, it is still a work in progress.

BRIT-KO

im sure i'll still be around.  Prob not as much as i have been the last couple of months but hey you never know.  Hopefully over the next couple of weeks they will make some changes for the better to help make this new layout a little more effective.

Please use plain text.
Message 264 of 355 (248 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25626 posts

Mar 9, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:
Ppl really got upset switching from Jive back to Lithium?  I find that hard to believe...

Some people were. They had become used to Jive's format. And for others, the Jive forum was the first place they they became a member of the PlayStation Forum. They weren't aware of the PS Forum on Lithium.

Does that make sense?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 265 of 355 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8480 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

Some people were. They had become used to Jive's format. And for others, the Jive forum was the first place they they became a member of the PlayStation Forum. They weren't aware of the PS Forum on Lithium.

Does that make sense?

true i didnt think about that.  then again i left when that whole Jive thing started.  Not even sure when the forums got switched back. i just stumbled across the forums one day and saw they was back and i was happy lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 266 of 355 (244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Blows my mind people are seriously accepting this whole let's throw everything in one thread idea. What forum do you know of that does this? It is a horrible idea and they need to know that. The improvements are so minimal also I don't get how anyone can't see that either. The forum is the same as it was before now just more cluttered and with a new layout with new colors..

The only thing that isn't is the support section. I don't understand why the general tab just can't be the same and isntead still have all the sections within it instead of merging everything, I really can't even comprehend people sitting around at work, someone suggesting this and who ever runs this forum being like "What a great idea"

I am far from impressed. This forum could be so much better and sadly it just got worse.

I would prefer if the overall functionality of this forum improved, not just how fast it works, chaning the layout and some colors.. Like I said it was hard enough to find decent threads with sections, I can't even be bothered searching through this forum now. It is beyond ridiculous. Some people like to get on with their days, not have to sift through a bunch of random threads they might have literally no interest in reading. That is what sections are for, so people can find threads and respond in those that interest them.

Please use plain text.
Message 267 of 355 (227 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

This is ridiculous not having a separate Vita forum. I'm all for unity for Playstation users, but I don't have a PS3, so why should I have to wade through posts about it. A lot of posts are non-descriptive ("Wifi Problems") so you don't know what system is being talked about. If it was in the Vita section I'd know it was about the Vita.

Also, what's up with almost all the threads on the front page being from October?

I was a regular on the XBox forums, belonging to a thread that saw 7 generations, and MS thought they needed to make changes that killed their forum. I hope Sony makes some adjustments like giving Vita and PS3/4 owners their own separate forum. If they want to have a shared forum for features (Gaikai, crossplay/buy, etc...) fine, but each should have it's own forum to discuss upcoming games and such. My 2 cents.

I thought I'd take a moment to show what happened over on the XBox forums that I used to regular when they decided to make things better. I'm not saying this is going to happen here, but I sometimes think people feel they need to do something even if it's the wrong thing. :smileyembarrassed:

Anyway, here, is the opening to a once populated GamerDads (GamerParents) thread I used to belong to. That spawned a section for Parents to share their gaming experiences with their kids, nieces and nephews, and talk about keeping their kids safe from online predators, or just child friendly games. :smileyhappy:

The original GamerDad thread started in the Fall of 2006. Each of the 6 threads before the one linked above saw about 200 pages. So in 4 1/2 years we went through 1200 pages. This thread that was started right as MS changed the forums almost 2 years ago has only seen 19 pages. MS's site developers killed the site, as the dip in traffic was felt all over their boards. :smileymad:

I sure hope the people working on these forums listen to the people that frequent them, because even though I've only started coming to these forums, I want to help make whatever forum I belong as good as it can be. I sure would like you to give us separation for PS3/PS4/PSVita. Just makes more sense to me. :smileywink:

I know I've only started coming here since my Vita purchase, but I've been a Playstation owner since PS1 with some 70 on it as well as PS2. I'm looking at getting a PS4 to complement my Vita if the whole streaming Gaikai works and isn't too expensive. I sure hope I and others don't get run off by these new forums and the lack of division.

Peace and Good Gaming All. Hope I didn't offend anyone with links to a competitors site, but you really should take a minute to look at page 19 of the GamerParents thread. Pretty sad. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 268 of 355 (225 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I'm relatively new to the forums so I've never seen the Jive forums. I don't know how bad or how good they were, but if it was anything like this recent change it must of been atrocious.

There is no getting use to this new change. Anyone who visits the General forum now has a mess to sort through. For people who only care about the PS Vita, it's practically useless now. I don't think anyone will argue that the PS3 is much more popular than the PS Vita. I love my PS Vita, but there's no arguing that. So not only will PS3 topics dwarf PS Vita topics, it will be hard to actually find a PS Vita topic as this large difference will make PS Vita discussion be buried.

Just now, I clicked on the General forum and looked at the titles. A high percentage of them have PS3 in the title. The ones that don't, I clicked on a few of them and they were PS3 related topics. Besides the stickies I don't see a single PS Vita thread on the first page.

With the old forums when I visited the PS Vita General forum I would see almost a full page of unread topics. Now those topics are being buried by the amount of PS3 topics.

I don't see how anyone can logically defend the decision to merge the General forum.

Please use plain text.
Message 269 of 355 (213 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Here's a perfect example of why we need separate subforums.

I guess I should start posting in every PS3 thread saying how it sucks and PC games are far superior, right? I mean, if I'm subjected to having to weed through those threads, I might as well voice my opinion in them.

Please use plain text.
Message 270 of 355 (217 Views)