PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: Official PlayStation Forum Update Feedback Thread

Mar 9, 2013
Stickies will be cleaned up when the merge is complete. I hate mass stickies as much as anyone.
Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 251 of 355 (242 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
271 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I have 2 bugs to report about the mobile site.

1. When you click on the little human icon at the top right and want to mark stuff as read, the text is not very clear.

2. The Desktop/Mobile switcher doesn't really show it's hyperlinked.

And another bug with the desktop site.

When you click on Support Forum next to Community at the very top it shows this:

Capture.JPG

Message 252 of 355 (227 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
1116 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I really like this new look! I was having a hard time finding everything, but I got used to it. Smiley Happy

MVP Support Banner.jpg

Message 253 of 355 (222 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I like the look, except for the oversized section buttons at the top. I just thing that there were way too many forums merged.

Message 254 of 355 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38776 posts

Mar 9, 2013

In further response to my own post a few posts back about the somewhat overwhelming stickied Threads, I think the following one is a good candidate for removal from the front page of this particular Forum, especially bearing in mind the following debacle with the OP!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Welcome-to-the-PlayStation-Communi...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 255 of 355 (190 Views)
MVP Support
38776 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

Sorry for the double-post but I wanted to share this humorous message I just saw when I clicked a link that's not available any more, Lithium has a sense of humor!

404 Error. This page doesn't exist.

It's not you, it's us. We're just not ready for a relationship with a page that doesn't exist right now. Go back to community.us.playstation.com and find yourself a page that deserves you.

EDIT: I also think the 'FAQ' at the top of the page should be renamed Forum Information, or if that doesn't fit something else.

BRIT-KO

Message 256 of 355 (186 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9524 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Well i dont really see myself coming to these forums much now (Jive killed the forums and now this new layout might do the same).

You guys put way to many sub-forums into one big forum.  Who ever decided this was a good idea really shouldn't have a job. Im sure there could have been another way to redo the forums that would have made more sense then this current "shove everything into 1 of 5 areas".

The games section is fine because you can still find the game section you are looking to post in.  Off topic is fine cuz its just off topic stuff.  PlayStation General is a complete mess. 

I still do not see what was wrong with the previous layout that warrented this change.....

Message 257 of 355 (179 Views)
MVP Support
38776 posts

Mar 9, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

Well i dont really see myself coming to these forums much now (Jive killed the forums and now this new layout might do the same).

You guys put way to many sub-forums into one big forum.  Who ever decided this was a good idea really shouldn't have a job. Im sure there could have been another way to redo the forums that would have made more sense then this current "shove everything into 1 of 5 areas".

The games section is fine because you can still find the game section you are looking to post in.  Off topic is fine cuz its just off topic stuff.  PlayStation General is a complete mess. 

I still do not see what was wrong with the previous layout that warrented this change.....

I understand the changes will 'upset' some but don't give up coming mixedkidbx, the changes are mostly cosmetic & the layout is generally much the same.

With regard to the merging of all the 'General' Forums, I completely agree with you, it sucks & was a real dumb idea, but apparently those Forums weren't getting too much 'traffic', at least not compared to other areas so merging them seemed to be good idea to the 'team', like I said I disagree with decision too but as I also said in a previous post we accept it & get used to it or we stop coming & leave.

I suggest you give it some time, especially with regard to the 'General' area, it is still a work in progress.

BRIT-KO

Message 258 of 355 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13537 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I'm kind of warming up to the colors. Much better than bright white for sure. Since the forums have pretty much been black since I've been here ( not counting Jive ) now everything is blue. Makes me wonder if the ps4 will have a color scheme based on blue...

Message 259 of 355 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I really like the colours. At first I was upset to the point where I thought about not coming back. What makes me mad is the Playstation General board. There is way too many sub topics to fit into 1 single board. It's just too much.

Where is the Vita board? This board was a source of Vita news for me because sometimes other posters would find info on games that I wasn't aware of. I'd like to also point out that the day before the update I noticed that the number of posts for the Vita board was cut by several thousand. I really want a Vita board. If not specifically Vita at least make a "Portables" board because there is a difference.

Hopefully there will be tweaks and this isn't final. I've started warming up to the community and don't want to find another place to talk about games.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 260 of 355 (280 Views)