Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: Moderators

Aug 27, 2012

FredFai wrote:
Soon, I will leave here for my own good. Good luck, everyone.

Smiley Sad

You will be missed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 31 of 39 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Aug 27, 2012

The only thing to solve this is:

- Report Spam topic, instead of reply to trolls.

- Maybe add moderators, which could look over the weekends

- Dont feed the trolls, feed the topics with real content instead, so the trolltopics get moved down in the forum quickly.

Trolls are not going to open over and over and over topics if they do not get any attention and their topics vanishes on page 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

There are always people replying to trolls, notify them through PM if they fall for trolls all the time instead of reply to the troll topic.

And the most important thing... think before you post (refers to every topic).

Message 32 of 39 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Aug 27, 2012

This website should be important to NDI.  Apparently it isn't cause the lack of moderation in total is embarassing, and enough to make me stop by less fequently.  The ratio of good threads to troll threads is so outta wack with myria troll threads that it is hard to find good content that isn't all jackassed up. 

I would be wholeheartledly embarassed if I was a higher up for NDI, and I would make a MASSIVE PRIORITY of fixing this conspicuous dung heap so that my product is represented better. 

This place is a dump. 

Message 33 of 39 (181 Views)
Survivor
2290 posts

Aug 27, 2012

How about waiting a month before you can make a thread. In the first month your account is registered on the forums you can only reply and kudo others. After a Month you can make threads yourself. It might work since if they get banned they need to wait a month again before they can make another troll thread.

Message 34 of 39 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

The moderators are still missing?Smiley LOL People are annoyed and actually leaving the forums now. Wake up!

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 35 of 39 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Aug 27, 2012

This is far beyond a joke... What's the point of even having the forums if they not even going to at the very least moderate it, nevermind interact. The community is dwindling at an alarming rate, this would be entirely fixed if a member that could be trusted could simply lock a few threads here and there and ban the blatant ones. At least then the community could be a bit more constructive than it is.

We really shouldn't have to call out like this, period. Especially on a forum such as this. How can there be no damage control on this? At all? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 36 of 39 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Soon, I will leave here for my own good. Good luck, everyone.

The forums won't be the same.Smiley Sad

Derp is a good guy though.

Message 37 of 39 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
35428 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
1. Find good, regular posters.
2. Give them mod powers on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
3. ????
4. Profit?

What you are describing is a volunteer moderation team.  I don't think Sony allows this anymore for insurance purposes or whatever.  But let's say they change their minds. We should get volunteer mods.

1. They are here all the time, if you have enough.

2. You don't need to pay them.

3. This frees the Sony mods up to do more important things.

This is how you would do it.

a. Determine the modliness of the forums.  See my post in the other thread.  On a scale of 1-10, with 0 being "anything goes" and 10 being a total lockdown, this place used to be around a 7 or 8.  I personally think it was more enjoyable at a 7, but that's just me.

b.Start by "promoting" all the Sony mods to admins.  What kind of a forum has no admins?  They act as admins.  They deserve the title.

c. Begin interviewing former mods.  Skip me.  I don't have that kind of time anymore.  See if you can round up a few.  This will be your best source of help.

d. Train the new mods on the current rules.  Make sure they have the hang of it before proceeding.  This should take all of two weeks, at most.

e. Recruit a few MVP's who are interested.  You already know they follow the rules.

f. If you still need more, look at some of the veterans around here.  Most of the ones I know have been mods or admins at other forums.  Those skills translate.  Being an admin at another forum is about the same level of difficulty as being a mod here.

g. Train those new mods.  Start them off as "genre mods" or whatever you want to call it.  Give them mod powers only on certain boards, until they can prove their worth.

h. Establish a feedback system where you are constantly guaging the effectiveness of the overall moderation team.

i. Establish a feedback system to identify mods who are abusing their power.  We don't need that.  Beat them into shape or drum them out of the moderation team.

j. Any mods who are doing a good job in a limited capacity are promoted to global moderator, so they can fix problems anywhere on the forum.  Don't let any more than 3 months go by before promoting them to global mod.  If they haven't proven themselves worthy by then, drum them out of the moderation team.  Ultimately the genre mods are of little use in controlling the foum.  You want a team of qualified global mods.

k. Establish a "noob tracker" board in the hidden mod section.  Here is where you track repeat offenders, with links, screenshots of known abuses, etc.

l. Establish a list of potential mod candidates for the future, in case you ever need some new mods.  This will give you plenty of time to vet and interview them before you ever have to make them mods.

m. profit.

Message 38 of 39 (84 Views)
Shinra Executive
37716 posts

Aug 28, 2012

This is an interesting Thread, lack of apparent Moderation over the weekend period has been on my radar for some time & I have mentioned it on a number of occasions to a few people & also in a couple of Threads.

Without trying to sound condescending there are a number of decent responses in this Thread with some good ideas/thoughts, not least the Dr's post above me.

Message 39 of 39 (81 Views)
0 Likes