Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
29717 posts

Re: Idea for forums

Jul 21, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

So I guess this isn't going to happen?

I continue to mention to those that I'm able to, so I still have hope!

BRIT-KO

Message 11 of 20 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2971 posts

Jul 21, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

BRIT-KO

Thanks for trying. Is there anything that I could do that might help?

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 12 of 20 (168 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29717 posts

Jul 22, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

BRIT-KO

Thanks for trying. Is there anything that I could do that might help?

I can't think of anything no, if this Thread didn't already exist I'd say make a Thread, but like I said there's no need because this one is here.

I am still digging away though.

BRIT-KO

Message 13 of 20 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2971 posts

Oct 22, 2013

I'm going to keep this thread alive so that hopefully someone who can do something about this sees this thread.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 14 of 20 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4648 posts

Oct 23, 2013

There's nothing more to do from your end, really.  We're aware of the desire and it's less about how to technically do it than it is about "when" and "why vs. why not" (and a bit of "what would it look like").

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 15 of 20 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

There's nothing more to do from your end, really.  We're aware of the desire and it's less about how to technically do it than it is about "when" and "why vs. why not" (and a bit of "what would it look like").

So you don't want our input if we think it's a good idea or not? You know our thoughts on the "Why vs. Why not" thing?

I've been a plus member from almost the beginning and I don't like the idea. That's just me though.

You can see the elitism in the Home threads based on everything from which clothes their avatars wear to what personal spaces they own. This would just contribute to that misguided elitism or inferiority complexes.

The forums already have many special ranks that can be won for various things. In my opinion that's enough. There's always the option of having a Plus signature if people choose.

Message 16 of 20 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7830 posts

Oct 24, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

So you don't want our input if we think it's a good idea or not? You know our thoughts on the "Why vs. Why not" thing?

What he means is that he already has your input. So there is no need to give it again.

As for the topic at hand, I personally don't really care if PS+ is shown on the forums or not. It wont change the way that I operate on the forums.

Message 17 of 20 (106 Views)
MVP Support
17373 posts

Oct 24, 2013

Sorry but I didn't give my input here already. I may have mentioned it on another thread but I didn't think the Mods were that omiscient or my opinion was that valued that he'd already seen it. My bad.

Message 18 of 20 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4648 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Sorry but I didn't give my input here already. I may have mentioned it on another thread but I didn't think the Mods were that omiscient or my opinion was that valued that he'd already seen it. My bad.

Mods? perhaps not.  Community Managers, though, do a great deal of research on a topic in these forums, our blog, Facebook comments, Twitter discussions, other forums, news outlet comment sections, etc. This topic, in particular, is one we've done quite a bit of research on. We're comfortable with our understanding of the community sentiment surrounding it.  The "Why vs. Why Not" is larger than that, though.  

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 19 of 20 (90 Views)
MVP Support
17373 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Mods? perhaps not.  Community Managers, though, do a great deal of research on a topic in these forums, our blog, Facebook comments, Twitter discussions, other forums, news outlet comment sections, etc. This topic, in particular, is one we've done quite a bit of research on. We're comfortable with our understanding of the community sentiment surrounding it.  The "Why vs. Why Not" is larger than that, though.  

Thanks for clearing that up. I may have posted my thoughts on this elsewhere and apparently there's a good chance you DID see them. :smileyhappy:

Had no idea just how omniscient Community managers were.........:smileytongue:

Message 20 of 20 (86 Views)
0 Likes