Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 17 2012
By: Joystick_Warrior PlayStation Support 3723 posts

[INFO] Kudos Leaderboard Removal

11 replies 339 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

Hey everyone. As an FYI we have taken down the kudos leaderboard based on community feedback. You can still give kudos like normal but the leaderboard will no longer be shown. This is part of our continued efforts to improve the forum layout and give our community the best experience possible. Thanks everyone and we appreciate your patience during this re-structuring! :smileyhappy:

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this change below. Thanks!

Joystick_Warrior

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (339 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7295 posts

Re: [INFO] Kudos Leaderboard Removal

Aug 17, 2012

Personally, I do not like this change.

I understand that people saw the leaderboard as a intrical way for users to gather kudos through unmeritable posts and threads. However, what's to stop people from giving kudos to undeserving posts and threads? Who's to say that kudos kings will stop hording kudos?

I think this change is simply fixing a symptom and not the actual disease.

I can't seem to understand how the removal of features enhances our experience... Could you please explain the specific feedback that generated such a removal of the kudos leaderboard?

I think you guys and girls are doing an awesome job, and I'm confident you guys will continue to impress. The mods are awesome people (I miss Sushi, my punching bag :smileysad: ), and the Lithium people are also cool lurkers :smileyvery-happy: I just want to know why the removal of the kudos leaderboard was so dire.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (322 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3113 posts

Aug 17, 2012
The difference is, while kudos hoarding may continue, people that game it will stop being rewarded for it. Surely the fact that a post has a lot of kudos is a merit on its own and serve as a good middle ground between pro and anti camps.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (319 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Who cares about this...what I would like to see addressed are the trolls that make thread after thread under multiple accounts just so they can comment to boost their own post counts.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul isnt helping matters at all

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (313 Views)
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Well, I spend most of my time over in the PSABR section. And the top kudo'd posters were actually deserving. It was nice to see who was receiving a lot since them it meant something worth reading was up. I understand the change, however I'm not fond of it. Might as well remove the entire kudo system to be honest. Now it just seems a tad, pointless.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3113 posts

Aug 17, 2012
I don't know, there are plenty of news sites that use a Kudos or Karma or other point system with no set leaderboard. Nobody in those places find it too pointless.

To me it just sounds like sour grapes. "I can't be #1 so the new rulez R stoopid waaah!". Without the leaderboard the Kudos system will get more sensible use at least.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (289 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Aug 24, 2012

For the record we (the MVPs) have seen plenty of cases of abuse with the Kudo system. This led to user losing all their kudos or receiving a straight up ban. The kudos were added as a friendly reward system, but people tend to abuse it. I personally do not agree that the leaderboards needed removing, but I do believe that people need to be more careful with how they hand out these rewards.

I personally only give one when I see a post that is either informative or helpful. A lot of people do not think like this I am afraid. There was talk of removing the system all together, but I am happy to say that did not happen.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (228 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I think it was a good idea to remove the Kudo leaderboards.

eliminates ppl from boosting kudos.

I am also loving the Homepage with the featured discussion.

Nice and clean.

So far beyond jive.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Aug 31, 2012
I turned off Kudos just prior to the leaderboard removal. I thought the '128-bit' & above qualification we had at one point was a good enough setup =\ Once it was open to everyone, the abuse started happening.

Since the boards are removed though, can we have the tech people kill the dead space on the right hand side now by extending over the center section and maybe extending the view of thread titles (so we can see the entire names)?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Aug 31, 2012

isnt the top tags in that section though...

Where would they put that?

I ended up zooming out one click and everything fits on the screen so I dont need to scroll to the left like I did before.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (194 Views)
0 Likes