Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2011
By: BRIT-KO VP of Gaming 28658 posts

I'll miss you, hopefully one day I may return.

15 replies 141 views Edited Jan 2, 2011

I know I am no where near the first person to complain about these allegedly 'new & improved' Forums & I know I will not be the last, geeezzz have you seen the Threads?, but the bugs, errors & what appears to be a general over all malaise of Sony & its team to do anything about it & more importantly keep us informed about any progress means I am done with these Forums, done until the bugs, errors, the failure of many of us to be able to respond to many posts, the seriously over zealous editing of apparently unusable words etc etc is all fixed, then I'll come back, but only then.

Will the Mods lock this, maybe, I don't care, seriously I don't, do what you want, why they even released this pile of poo is beyond me, I have spent nearly a year on these Forums & up until they changed everything I had been pretty happy, was it perfect no, nothing is ever perfect, hopefully over nearly 12 months I even helped some people out & maybe I even felt as though I had made a difference, albeit a very small, some will miss me, some will say good riddance, to the former, I hope to see you soon, to the latter I care less.

Happy New Year & Goodbye, at least for now!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (141 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9660 posts

Re: I'll miss you, hopefully one day I may return.

Jan 2, 2011

I constantly get these errors to where I cannot post and i  have to close down my webpage entirely and open up a new one. It's issues like these make me miss the old forum, not to mention it is acually harder to navigate now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"The Future is Black"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (141 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Try using the advanced editor. It seems to cause less errors. They're still there, but less frequent.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2412 posts

Jan 2, 2011

A. You'll be back tomorrow.

B. It's not even that bad. It's definitely better than the last time they updated it. It was slower than Moses for almost a month after it released. This is quick and although yes, there are a few bugs, guaranteed most of those will be solved by the end of this upcoming week. Some of you forget that this is a holiday weekend which is why things aren't getting done quite as quickly as we'd probably like.

U Got KillzOWNED.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7825 posts

Jan 2, 2011

I_OU_a-Beatn wrote:

B. It's not even that bad. It's definitely better than the last time they updated it. It was slower than Moses for almost a month after it released. This is quick and although yes, there are a few bugs, guaranteed most of those will be solved by the end of this upcoming week. Some of you forget that this is a holiday weekend which is why things aren't getting done quite as quickly as we'd probably like.

U Got KillzOWNED.

Not quote how it's working on my end. When this transition started the forums were significantly slower then during the last update, and now that they've gotten a little quicker they're at the same speed as they were during the last update.

As for fixes coming slow due to the holiday season. Personally I don't view that as an excuses, not in this case anyway. Sony chose to release the new forums smack dab in the middle of the holidays, so they made the choice to have to deal with the bugs and problems over the holidays, and they knew that there were bugs since the MVPs tested the new platform for two months before the release and we provided them with a ton of feedback. If people we planning on taking vacations or spending extra time with family then they should have planned around that and made the transition after everyone was back and ready to work.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (141 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Sorry to hear that BRIT.

I for one will miss you as you did help me when I first started here.

I have tried to give them the benefit of doubt but I find myself starting to doubt.

@I_OU_a-Beatn, Yes it is that bad!!!

I have to log out and back in more times than not just to post.

Now I cannot even personalize my own page as it stays at "LOADING" for hours on end.

I have tried everything to fix this, changing browsers, logging in and out and back in yet nothing.

Sure maybe they will solve some of these problems but, Don't you think all these bugs should have been worked out first?

The holidays have nothing to do with rushing something out that just doesn't work.

@ DVM??? They had the MVP'S try this and they approved? I find it hard to believe that they did not voice the same concerns that are being voiced now, and they still put this out.

A lot of long time users that I know have already abbandoned ship.

When Home users can spend a few hours and come out with solutions for things the community wants "Credit to Wooly Spud, Jo, Bemo", then why cant the devs who have the job of doing so?

Hopefully BRIT you will stay and all the vets who have left will come back as it would be good for the community. BRIT, you and all the others here or from before are the reason why I personally like the forums and hopefully things will get better.

And on a better note, HAPPY NEW YEAR Hope its a better one!

My name is Gen and right or wrong I approved this message!!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7825 posts

Jan 3, 2011

GenOneilSGC wrote:

@ DVM??? They had the MVP'S try this and they approved? I find it hard to believe that they did not voice the same concerns that are being voiced now, and they still put this out.

Who said anything about the MVPs approving anything? We were given access to the new forums for the purposes of testing the forums to find bug, find things we like, and find things we dislike. Sony wasn't asking for us to approve the changes, they just wanted us to make sure it worked. The thing that really gets me is that absolutely nothing that the MVPs said to date has been implemented. The lists that we provided Sony for feedback were huge, and a good number of the bugs that are being complained about now we found a couple of months ago. Yet two months later with the launch of the new forums nothing's changed from what we were playing with on the test forums, literally nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I agree it's way to aggravating to post. The last 4 days I visited this site it would not let me reply.

It's annoying. And I feel I'm done as well.

Also bring back the black and red forum theme .......

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9485 posts

Jan 3, 2011

DVM-501 wrote:

GenOneilSGC wrote:

Who said anything about the MVPs approving anything? We were given access to the new forums for the purposes of testing the forums to find bug, find things we like, and find things we dislike. Sony wasn't asking for us to approve the changes, they just wanted us to make sure it worked. The thing that really gets me is that absolutely nothing that the MVPs said to date has been implemented. The lists that we provided Sony for feedback were huge, and a good number of the bugs that are being complained about now we found a couple of months ago. Yet two months later with the launch of the new forums nothing's changed from what we were playing with on the test forums, literally nothing.

PS.com MVP: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate

I would like to echo this statement. We can only hope that our feedback was taken seriously and that some changes will be made. I'm not expecting a miracle, however.

PlayStation.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 3, 2011

DVM-501 wrote:

GenOneilSGC wrote:

I'm Sorry brother I mispoke what I was trying to say.

I meant they had you MVP'S test it and "they" whomever it was that designed this approved.

I again apologize that I had a duh me moment.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes