Highlighted
Nov 14 2012
By: Neomaxizondweeby First Son 27 posts

Email notifications from Forums are going to wrong email address

19 replies 183 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

Does anyone know how to update the email address that the community forums uses for sending replies, notifications, etc? It is not sending to the email address associated with my PSN Account! Another post answers to make sure it is correct on your PS3 and mine is. To clarify: communitydotusdotplaystationdotcom has an incorrect email address and I can't find how to update it in the settings. My PSN account has the correct email address.

Message 1 of 20 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Email notifications from Forums are going to wrong email address

Nov 14, 2012

Neomaxizondweeby wrote:

Does anyone know how to update the email address that the community forums uses for sending replies, notifications, etc? It is not sending to the email address associated with my PSN Account! Another post answers to make sure it is correct on your PS3 and mine is. To clarify: communitydotusdotplaystationdotcom has an incorrect email address and I can't find how to update it in the settings. My PSN account has the correct email address.

Maybe your name is too complex Neomaxizondweeby.

Wow, were you going for every letter on the keyboard?

If you have looked in the account settings, then I do not know where else you can correct it from.  Perhaps a Mod or Admin can help.  Did you try hitting one of them up?

Moble

Message 2 of 20 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Unfortunately there is no settings for changing your email address on the forums. Your forum email is directly associated with your PSN, so the only way to change this is to change your email on the PSN itself.

Message 3 of 20 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 14, 2012

PSN has the correct email address. Not sure if you saw that part.

Message 4 of 20 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Glad you like my ID.

Message 5 of 20 (158 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I suspect there is a 3rd party company involved here that hasn't been updated of my PSN email address.  The emails don't come from playstation.com. I only get them when someone replies to one of my posts.

Message 6 of 20 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Neomaxizondweeby wrote:

I suspect there is a 3rd party company involved here that hasn't been updated of my PSN email address.  The emails don't come from playstation.com. I only get them when someone replies to one of my posts.

That may be your issue then.  I used Yahoo mail for my PSN Setup.  I do know Gmail works as well.  I am pretty sure Hotmail works, but you would have to ask.  If you have some obscure email provider, then this may truly be your issue.

Moble

Message 7 of 20 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Now I believe you don't know what I am talkin' bout. I have two email addresses. One I don't use anymore and community forums is sending emails to it. My PSN Account has the correct email address and I want community forums to use that same email address. Make sense?

Message 8 of 20 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Neomaxizondweeby wrote:

PSN has the correct email address. Not sure if you saw that part.

Yes, I noticed that part. But regardless of whether or not your email is showing up correctly on the PSN, your email on the forums is the same thing and there is no way to change your email via the forums, only from PSN.

Neomaxizondweeby wrote:

The forums are built by Lithium. Sometimes if you make changes to your PSN profile you need to logout of the forums and log back in for the changes to appear on the forums.

Message 9 of 20 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Lead Moderation has been made aware of your issue.  Feel free to follow up via PSForumMods, as well.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 10 of 20 (144 Views)
0 Likes