Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Re: Email change

Jun 22, 2010

I am having this same problem and just tried the link but it doesnt work , all i get is this:

The webpage at https://secureus.playstation.com/MyAccount/Profile might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Any other ideas? Did this work for others?

Also please note that i changed my email 2 weeks ago and it will cease to function around the end of June

Message 11 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7839 posts

Jun 22, 2010

SuppositorY wrote:

I am having this same problem and just tried the link but it doesnt work , all i get is this:

The webpage at https://secureus.playstation.com/MyAccount/Profile might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Any other ideas? Did this work for others?

Also please note that i changed my email 2 weeks ago and it will cease to function around the end of June

Unfortunately that link does not work anymore. This thread was made about a year ago, when the PSU still existed. Now that we've fully transferred to the PSN all PSU web pages and account pages have been removed.

The only way to change your e-mail now is through your PSN account page, either on your PS3/PSP or at https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/cam_index.vm. Though this doesn't always work for members with linked PSU accounts since the system still wants to use your old PSU e-mail, which can no longer be changed.

Message 12 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jun 22, 2010

Ya I thought you'd say that

Thanks for the quick response , I just had to try as i have tried everything else. Have a good one

Message 13 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 20, 2010

That's totally lame sony need to fix this problem cause I need to change that email like quickly.

Message 14 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Dec 1, 2010
I feel the same, I have since deleted the email that is on my profile page, guess you can always post your email in the profile page.

PSN Gamercards
My PS3 CECH01. (;-)) See my Tome for my fix on Content Manger not working. http://community.us.playstation.com/docs/DOC-1377
Message 15 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Dec 14, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

.... Though this doesn't always work for members with linked PSU accounts since the system still wants to use your old PSU e-mail, which can no longer be changed.

What?!?!    Of course it can be changed.  It's an entry in a database somewhere.  What we need is somebody to write the interface to allow me to modify it.  (or y'all can simply auto-modify it by scanning my username/addy combo)

I hope that this gets fixed soon.  I'm moving and my old email addy is linked to the cable company I am leaving.

I have successfully changed the email addy for PS3 login to a new address.  I can login etc, but am still receiving emails at the old address.

Any chance that the new forum platform will fix this bug?

----
There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those that do not.

PlayStation.Blog | PS3-System-Updates |
Message 16 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Dec 15, 2010
Exactly! Well put.

I'll be bummed if I have to lose email notifications once that addy goes away. ... that's where my Beta Invites have been going, so it's important to me to keep getting stuff like that. Perhaps Customer Service could help me ...
----
There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those that do not.

Message 17 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7839 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Ziaholic wrote:

DVM-501 wrote:

.... Though this doesn't always work for members with linked PSU accounts since the system still wants to use your old PSU e-mail, which can no longer be changed.

What?!?!    Of course it can be changed.  It's an entry in a database somewhere. What we need is somebody to write the interface to allow me to modify it.  (or y'all can simply auto-modify it by scanning my username/addy combo)

I hope that this gets fixed soon.  I'm moving and my old email addy is linked to the cable company I am leaving.

I have successfully changed the email addy for PS3 login to a new address.  I can login etc, but am still receiving emails at the old address.

Any chance that the new forum platform will fix this bug?

Yes, it can be changed if the DBM were to go into the database and change the entry; however, he/she isn't about to do so. Besides that, my statement of "can no longer be changed" was specifically meant of us, and users. The old PSU database, though still present is no longer editable by the membership.

I have no idea if Sony intends to fix this problem with the new forums. Honestly, I seriously doubt that they will fix it, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

To be honest I'm not really sure why this hasn't been fixed yet. The easiest way that I can see to fix it would be to take the tables that are still linked to the table of PSU accounts that require an e-mail address and link them to the table of PSN accounts (don't know why this hasn't been done already). They could then completely remove the e-mail entity on the PSU table. The DBM wouldn't have to change any accounts or account information, just simply move the relationship from one table to another. If the database is set-up properly it shouldn't be that difficult.

Message 18 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Dec 23, 2010

after a 3 back-and-forth emails, I think that somebody fixed my problem.  I'm starting to receive emails at the new addy.

... but looking at my profile, there is still the old email address, and no ability to edit it.

----

Message 19 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Dec 27, 2010

Apparently I'm only partially fixed ...

After my emails to/from customer support, I began to receive some PSN emails to my new email addy. (like PSP news and a promo for the Tester2 season finale)  ... but the recent "announcement" email for this new forum format still came to my old address.

Apparently there are a number of different mailing lists and the folks at customer support were able to update at least a few of them over to my new email address, but not all of them.  ... and the addy displayed in my forum profile is still old.

----

Message 20 of 23 (15 Views)
0 Likes