Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11027 posts

Re: Can we have our own 18+ section of the forum

Sep 22, 2012
Yaaa...none of what you suggested would ever work. There's nothing stopping kids from lying about their ages.

This is still weird.

Although, I'll admit that a question like "Where were you when the Berlin Wall fell?" could definitely weed out some of the young uns...
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 37 (1,421 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 22, 2012

johngie wrote:
Yaaa...none of what you suggested would ever work. There's nothing stopping kids from lying about their ages.

This is still weird.

Although, I'll admit that a question like "Where were you when the Berlin Wall fell?" could definitely weed out some of the young uns...

Or Do you like Cartoon, choosing yes, BAM, you're not an adult, make trick question like these will sure confuse them. But since it's 18+, people know what it is and will choose whether or not to go into it :smileyhappy:

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 37 (1,418 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Either way, it won't happen. Name a single forum on the internet that has an 18+ section.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 37 (1,416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

MMOSite

http://forum.mmosite.com/board/2-185.html

Yeah, what, any thing else???

I love Adam Levine
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 37 (1,414 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 22, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

MMOSite

Wrong. That's an adult forum.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 37 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Arliman wrote:

KhoaISKira wrote:

MMOSite

Welp, I guess it does have an 18+ section. All you have to do to get into it is pass this:

1. You are 18 years of age or older.
2. It is legal for you to read about adult oriented roleplaying and see related pictures. 
3. You are not offended by reading about a highly politically incorrect form of roleplay involving sexually explicit situation, roleplay of crimes, vampirism, demonism and any other adult fantasy. 
4. You will leave the special feature or quit reading the page if you encounter any topic that offends you. 
5. Furthermore, you declare that you have read and understood the Legal Terms And Conditions and that you agree to all of these terms and that all statements made in the terms about visitors of our adult feature are true for you. 
6. You are not employed in law enforcement acting in any way in connection with your duties or what you see as your responsibilities as law enforcement.

The above is true for me. Let me in.Enter

I don't wish to enter the feature. Take me elsewhere.Leave

Now, do you really think that Sony Entertainment of America is going to implement this? Truly?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 37 (1,406 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Arliman wrote:

Arliman wrote:

KhoaISKira wrote:

MMOSite

Welp, I guess it does have an 18+ section. All you have to do to get into it is pass this:

1. You are 18 years of age or older.
2. It is legal for you to read about adult oriented roleplaying and see related pictures. 
3. You are not offended by reading about a highly politically incorrect form of roleplay involving sexually explicit situation, roleplay of crimes, vampirism, demonism and any other adult fantasy. 
4. You will leave the special feature or quit reading the page if you encounter any topic that offends you. 
5. Furthermore, you declare that you have read and understood the Legal Terms And Conditions and that you agree to all of these terms and that all statements made in the terms about visitors of our adult feature are true for you. 
6. You are not employed in law enforcement acting in any way in connection with your duties or what you see as your responsibilities as law enforcement.

The above is true for me. Let me in.Enter

I don't wish to enter the feature. Take me elsewhere.Leave

Now, do you really think that Sony Entertainment of America is going to implement this? Truly?

Yeah, with all that, if they found something that offend them, they leave, hence the HUGE 6 Line Rule. Just saying, if you don't care it's fine, this thread isn't supposed to be in here anyway. I don't mean to bring this discussion to you, I was intending to have this discussion with the dude from OFF TOPIC, sorry, again, for the trouble. It's not a bad idea, if some random forum could do it just to prevent posting inappropriate picture by allowing them to be post in the right place, Sony could do it too.

I love Adam Levine
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 37 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Real life Lilith the Siren.

http://s.cdaction.pl/obrazki/borderlands-2-lilith-aktorka_174k6.jpg

Lilith

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 37 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Sep 22, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

johngie wrote:

This is still weird.

Or Do you like Cartoon, choosing yes, BAM, you're not an adult, make trick question like these will sure confuse them. But since it's 18+, people know what it is and will choose whether or not to go into it :smileyhappy:

What the heck does age have to do with whether or not you like cartoons? I'm 43 and have 5 kids, I play video games, and yes I do like cartoons, anime. Watch it with my kids. Kung Fu Panda and Puss in Boots look pretty bad **bleep** on my 3DHDTV. Not all content in cartoons is geared towards kids. They also put in some humor for the parents.

That being said, do we really need an 18 y.o. section? I don't think so, there are plenty of filler sites just for that kind of content. Just my opinion, and NO I am not affended by these types of display. Always interested in other cultures. Just don't think an AO forum is needed here, and I know there are ways kids will get around the security. Heck, doing something like this would just invite the hackers for the challenge.

Anyway, just rambling now. Sorry.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 37 (1,391 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11816 posts

Sep 22, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

johngie wrote:
Wow this is...weird

Regardless, how would Sony verify the age of those who would want to post in the 18+ section? DNA test?

isn't there supposed to be an age verifying when you make your account?? update your personal setting? even when you use your Credit Card, your infomation would be store on Sony Server, the info about your ages , names, etc, simplest way is to put in your ID card number or College ID, or of course a test to see if you are an adult, that only  adult know. But since it's 18+. Young Children wouldn't be there in the first place and that's that, it's not weird when you think about it

No. I lied when I originally made my account and said I was 18. You just enter in whatever date of birth you want. And since a credit card is not required to have a PSN ID (Or even to be going to college), there's no way to implement it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 37 (1,387 Views)
0 Likes