Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: BIackRockSoul Splicer 82 posts
Accepted Solution

Banned Account Question

[ Edited ]
5 replies 392 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Hello 

I have a question about banned accounts.

(situation) My friend has gotten banned on psn for who knows how long and they are wondering why, they had told me they were playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops and that a young man had gotten quite upset with them for using a sniper rifle and began to message them volgar things they didn't reply until a very racist comment was made toward them what they said was "what did I do?"

After that moment when my friend had logged of they had called me and told me they had been banned off psn for quite some time.

I am wondering why was my friend banned? I saw the PM it was copied and pasted to me during the time so what happend to lead for them to be banned?

My question is can a person fill out a false report and get a user banned? and If so what should a user do if they fall victim to false reports leading to ban or suspention of an account?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (392 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29028 posts

Re: Banned Account Question

Oct 6, 2012

Whether the banned/suspended person is yourself or indeed a friend, the decision by Sony to ban or suspend someone is not taken lightly, but after a pretty thorough investigation of the information available.

The person who receives the ban/suspension should receive an email within 48/72 hours of the ban/suspension explaining the reason(s) & length of the ban/suspension, your OP makes it sound as though they already know the length of the ban/suspension, how do they already know that?

Like I said above a decision to ban or suspend someone isn't taken lightly, do mistakes happen?, yes of course, but people are not normally suspended or banned for no reason.

If your're adamant it was not you/your friend that did anything wrong then use the "contact us" tab at the bottom of this screen to get in touch with Sony directly.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Other information not need I just wanted to know if mistakes can happen. If so well okay the situation was already resolved.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (364 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2013

yes umm my main account got suspended over the master prestige hack on black ops 2, how long will i be suspended

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (262 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Bumping an old thread is a no-no.

You might try contacting a Moderator (red name) via PM with your question or calling SCEA at 1-800-345-7669. We, and they, are not allowed to talk about personal banishment questions on the public forum.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4388 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Since the conversation seems to have run its course, this conversation will now be locked

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (230 Views)