Jul 25 2013
By: Icinq Wastelander 558 posts

Are the Forums Mods Ignoring Me?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 123 views Edited Jul 25, 2013

When ever I see something wrong on the forums whether it be users attacking or insulting one another, or someone posts something innappropriate like picture or video I notify the moderators. At first they used to do their jobs and removed the inappropriate content. But for the past few months it seems like they're getting really lazy and barely do anything at all. They even accused me one time of over reporting certain users. But I only notify them when I see something wrong and sometimes it is alot because of alot of distruptive forum users. But now they do absolutely nothing whenever I report an inncident. Yet if I make a post saying that I think what that user did is wrong, I get in trouble for it. Have the rules changed here recently or something? It's just unbelievable what they let forum users get away with now. One such example is someone posted a pic of the Buttfields family from South Park. These are characters that have bare butts for faces and fart when they talk. Now even though it's a cartoon doesn't that sound kind of innappropriate to you? Another user posted a pic on the Home forums of a female avatar being pinned to the floor by a bunch of male zombies. In the caption she puts "They told me that Home was full of pervs but geez..." Now to me she is implying that the zombies are perverts raping her. And the mods don't see anything wrong with that? Also another user posted a short video of Eric Cartman from SP saying the words "God *Bleep* Dammit!!". You can slightly here the f-word just before the bleep. Now isn't that inappropriate because that saying would be found very offensive towards many religious groups. I just don't understand why the forum mods aren't looking after these matters anymore. Are they all off on vacation this summer or something? And is there somewhere I can go to report the mods for not doing their jobs properly on here?

Message 1 of 5 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

Re: Are the Forums Mods Ignoring Me?

Jul 25, 2013
Message 2 of 5 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 25, 2013

You are being overs-sensitive and have no case.

Message 3 of 5 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38846 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Icinq wrote:

When ever I see something wrong on the forums whether it be users attacking or insulting one another, or someone posts something innappropriate like picture or video I notify the moderators. At first they used to do their jobs and removed the inappropriate content. But for the past few months it seems like they're getting really lazy and barely do anything at all. They even accused me one time of over reporting certain users. But I only notify them when I see something wrong and sometimes it is alot because of alot of distruptive forum users. But now they do absolutely nothing whenever I report an inncident. Yet if I make a post saying that I think what that user did is wrong, I get in trouble for it. Have the rules changed here recently or something? It's just unbelievable what they let forum users get away with now. One such example is someone posted a pic of the Buttfields family from South Park. These are characters that have bare butts for faces and fart when they talk. Now even though it's a cartoon doesn't that sound kind of innappropriate to you? Another user posted a pic on the Home forums of a female avatar being pinned to the floor by a bunch of male zombies. In the caption she puts "They told me that Home was full of pervs but geez..." Now to me she is implying that the zombies are perverts raping her. And the mods don't see anything wrong with that? Also another user posted a short video of Eric Cartman from SP saying the words "God *Bleep* Dammit!!". You can slightly here the f-word just before the bleep. Now isn't that inappropriate because that saying would be found very offensive towards many religious groups. I just don't understand why the forum mods aren't looking after these matters anymore. Are they all off on vacation this summer or something? And is there somewhere I can go to report the mods for not doing their jobs properly on here?

I see no issues at all with the butt-face people, do I find it funny personally?, no not really, a bit stupid really, but it's not breaking any Forum rules that I can think of, as for the video, I didn't catch the 'F-WORD' personally, but if it's definately there then the video should be deleted.

The Moderation Team are here & they are present in the Forums, but as you will appreciate they cannot be everywhere, if you've reported a Thread then there's nothing more you can do about, but if you're unhappy with the inaction as you see it of the Forum Moderators in dealing with certain issues within the PS HOME Forums please contact HomeForumMods (link below), if you're still unhappy then please PM one of the Community Managers (again links below), lastly there is a feedback link at the bottom.

If you have concerns or questions regarding moderation, please feel free to contact PSForumMods by clicking on “Send this user a message” in the profile page. 

The Digital Platforms Moderation Team

PSForumMods - PM this user for Forum moderation issues

HomeForumMods - PM this user for PlayStation Home related issues

AeroVayne

MercuryValentine

space_cape

Stage_Coach

traWnza

unicorn--justice

vintageflamingo

*and others*

The Digital Platforms Community Management Team

Locust_Star - Senior Community Manager

mochuuu  - Digital Platforms Community Manager

Tempest_Fire - Digital Platforms Community Manager

cheshire__smile - Digital Platforms Community Manager

If you would like to submit any feedback, please click HERE

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Took a looksie... do I find it funny? Nah not really. Overly inappropriate? No on that one as well. It could be a lot worse, not seeing anything warranting removal at the moment from my personal view.

Message 5 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes