Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 27 2012
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 2992 posts
Accepted Solution

Anyway you can renew a post without starting a new one?

11 replies 213 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

I  put up a post with a video on it, but no one even looked at it or commented on it. And it got scrolled away in only a matter of hours. Is there anyway I can bump it back to the top of page 1 without having to comment on it myself?

bobs fed signature
Message 1 of 12 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: Anyway you can renew a post without starting a new one?

Sep 27, 2012

We maybe both have the same problem. :catindifferent:

Message 2 of 12 (205 Views)
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I  put up a post with a video on it, but no one even looked at it or commented on it. And it got scrolled away in only a matter of hours. Is there anyway I can bump it back to the top of page 1 without having to comment on it myself?

I don't think there is Bobsfed, & as you probably already know bumping is frowned upon anyway.

It's just one of those things we have to accept, occasionally we all make posts we think are very good & they get "lost" & pushed to the bottom when new Threads are created & ours don't become as popular & get the responses we hoped they would.

I've even asked a Moderator to delete posts of mine because they didn't the interest I thought they would.

Message 3 of 12 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
2992 posts

Sep 27, 2012

jeremycat1 wrote:

We maybe both have the same problem. :catindifferent:

Well maybe we could help each other out here my man. :manwink:

bobs fed signature
Message 4 of 12 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Worst case, you can go back to the post, select "Resolution Accepted", or something like that, and then post it again to see if it fares better the second go around.

BRIT has an excellent point, as always though.  There are a lot of things that are frowned upon here.  You will figure them out as you go.  BRIT is just being nice about it, believe me.

Moble

Message 5 of 12 (184 Views)
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

Sep 27, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Worst case, you can go back to the post, select "Resolution Accepted", or something like that, and then post it again to see if it fares better the second go around.

BRIT has an excellent point, as always though.  There are a lot of things that are frowned upon here.  You will figure them out as you go.  BRIT is just being nice about it, believe me.

Moble

I'm always nice :smileywink:.

Message 6 of 12 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
2992 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Well that's why I asked because I didn't want to "bump" it myself. I know that it is frowned upon, and it would just be demeaning to do that anyways. I'll just try posting it agian. I chose the wrong time to post it because it was the day after the new updates.

bobs fed signature
Message 7 of 12 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

I know it's frowned upon, but I still see it happen MANY times a day all around these forums. I don't ever see the mods deleting the "bump posts". (nothing against the mods)

I don't know what your thread was about, but there must be something slightly relevant that you could use as the content of the "bump" (Ex: Here's an update folks! - Your Content Here). At least it wouldn't be frowned upon quite so much. :smileywink:

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 8 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2992 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

The name of that thread was "My Deco Style". I posted some video's of afew of my personal spaces and how I decorated them. I just wanted to know what people thought about them. But I've seen people "bump" their own threads before, but I would never do it myself. I personally think it makes someone look pathetic when they do that. I think it's just because I posted it the day after the new updates and people were more interested in talking about those than anything else. I'll probably just mark it as solved like someone else suggested on here, and then repost it.

bobs fed signature
Message 9 of 12 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Actually I was guilty earlier today of bumping my own Thread, something I very rarely do by the way, I bumped it because I wanted a response from a Manager about something I wasn't happy with.

Anyway yea some do it, the vast majority do not, but I see no harm in you just re-creating a new one Bosbfed with perhaps slightly different wording say lol.

Message 10 of 12 (138 Views)
0 Likes