Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 15 2012
By: SweetPoison13 PlayStation MVP 11331 posts

Signature of the Month "Silent Hill" Contest - March 2012

44 replies 450 views Edited Apr 15, 2012

March’s “Silent Hill” Signature Contest

Our "Signature of the Month" Contest is a monthly event that all members of the PlayStation Community Forums are eligible to participate in. Carefully read the instructions and follow the rules.

This month’s theme: Silent Hill. This year March is the month of Silent Hill with Silent Hill: Downpour releasing on March 13th, the Silent Hill HD Collection releasing on March 20th, and Silent Hill: Book of Memories releasing on March 27th (these are North American release dates at the moment). Flex your creative muscles this month and see what you can come up with in the Silent Hill department. You are encouraged to create signatures for the Silent Hill video games that will be released this month but all Silent Hill signatures will be accepted provided that they are appropriate and adhere to the rules.

Entries this month will be due on March 30th at 11:59 PM PST. Users are allowed one entry. A poll with the entries will be posted provided that there is more than one entry for this contest and voting will take place for approximately one week after the due date for all of the submissions this month.

The poll for March's "Silent Hill" Signature Contest is now closed. Thank you for your participation.

Signature of the Month Contest - March 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/polls/1649

Have fun!

~~~~~

SUBMISSIONS

RULES

• Signatures must be appropriate and follow the Rules of Conduct. http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31082914#31082914
  • Only signatures that clearly take advantage of the theme this month will be accepted.
  • Keep your signature dimensions reasonable or your submissions might not be accepted (gigantic signatures will not be accepted). Try to work within these dimensions: 500px wide by 150px high.
  • Only ONE entry per theme will be accepted unless otherwise stated. Please only post the final version of your signature as a submission. You can ask for feedback on your signature in the PlayStation Creations section of the PlayStation Community Forums before posting it in this thread. http://community.us.playstation.com/community/general_discussions/playstation_creations
  • Members of the PlayStation Community Forums will vote for the winner of each contest/theme when the necessary poll is posted soon after (or on) the due date for all submissions.
  • DO NOT vote for your own caption and DO NOT ask other individuals to vote for you!
  • The winner of this contest does not receive anything besides some recognition and the knowledge that he or she has won a signature contest (you may consider these to be bragging rights).

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7240 posts

Re: Signature of the Month Contest - March 2012

Feb 26, 2012

Yay thank you for picking this up again never played this game so imma have to Google it though

energy
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 4, 2012

Not entirely familiar with Silent Hill Series so ill have to research this.

Also, im in the proccess of packing up my apartment, have to be moved out by the end of the month.

We'll see how this goes!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Mar 5, 2012

This sounds like fun.I know how to make gifs but this would be my first sig contest so I have questions.

"Create signatures for the Silent Hill video games"-does this mean the final version will look something like your sig?

I'm not sure how to submit an entry.Do I just make the Silent Hill gif my sig then post here saying "This is my final version?"

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 5, 2012

BabyBearsBed wrote:

This sounds like fun.I know how to make gifs but this would be my first sig contest so I have questions.

"Create signatures for the Silent Hill video games"-does this mean the final version will look something like your sig?

I'm not sure how to submit an entry.Do I just make the Silent Hill gif my sig then post here saying "This is my final version?"

Thanks.

Photobucket

Make your signiature image then post it to this topic with the following info:

Example:

Username: WoolySpud

Theme: Killzone

Signiature URL: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/WoolySpud/Forum%20Signiatures/killzone2.png

Signiature Image:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/WoolySpud/Forum%20Signiatures/killzone2.png

Photobucket

Of course this is just an example, remember this months theme is Silent Hill.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Mar 5, 2012

ok thanks for the info

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7240 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Howd you get that effect in your signature? I like that

energy
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Mar 6, 2012

ty but I did not make that gif so I'm not exactly sure.I believe that effect was made by layering and looping frames.I'm still learning Animation Shop in PSP5.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11331 posts

Mar 9, 2012

BabyBearsBed wrote:

Thanks.

Photobucket

Well, I was sporting an Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception signature when you posted that message.

I may or may not be sporting a Silent Hill 2 signature the next time that you see a post of mine (it’s an older signature and I will not be entering it in this contest). Your signature should, ideally, be a still image (JPEG, BMP, PNG, etc.) with dimensions no greater than 500px wide by 150px high (I added this last bit to the rules recently just to make things more clear). There are no rules against GIF files at this time although I’m not entirely sure that it is fair to include still images and GIF files in the same contest. It’s probably a good idea to avoid GIF files so that everyone will be on the same "playing field" (if you will).

On another note, I'm looking forward to the entries for March's "Silent Hill" Signature Contest. ^_^

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Username: WoolySpud

Theme: Silent Hill

Signiature URL:http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/WoolySpud/Contest%20Entries/SOTM-March2012-SilentHill.png

Signiature Image:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/WoolySpud/Contest%20Entries/SOTM-March2012-SilentHill.png

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (450 Views)
0 Likes