Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2012
By: shadowtaman Sackboy 438 posts

would kat players be sort of bandwaggon-ing?

15 replies 279 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

Idk, not to be mister hipster here but, i sorta dont wanna play as her because well, i feel like the character itself is going to have a bad rep out there when the spammers get onto her. o-e kinda makes me like.... idk. ive played through gravity rush 4 times, i love the game, but... to me it feels like im watching my ex make out with some guy, it's just like.... ugh. please tell me in crazy?

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: would kat players be sort of bandwaggon-ing?

Dec 5, 2012

shadowtaman wrote:

Idk, not to be mister hipster here but, i sorta dont wanna play as her because well, i feel like the character itself is going to have a bad rep out there when the spammers get onto her. o-e kinda makes me like.... idk. ive played through gravity rush 4 times, i love the game, but... to me it feels like im watching my ex make out with some guy, it's just like.... ugh. please tell me in crazy?

Did....did you wanna talk about something bro? D:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (271 Views)
Fender Bender
3576 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

shadowtaman wrote:

to me it feels like im watching my ex make out with some guy

1. yes. yes you are crazy.

2. Get dat drama out of here! lol

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

If it were someone other than Kat, I'd probably feel the same. However, I cannot deny myself the chance to play as her, the first few weeks will be hell as she and Emmett will be all over online play I bet, but soon enough only her most dedicated players will use her when the hype dies down. You're not crazy, I had a weird tendency to start using characters less in Smash Bros Brawl, even if they were my favourites, as a natural reaction to them being overplayed or a high placement on a Tier list. It doesn't make any sense really lol! That said, there really isn't much room to manoeuvre with the All-Stars roster, just about every character will feel overplayed from time to time because there isn't that much choice between them.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (256 Views)
Sackboy
438 posts

Dec 5, 2012

i knew it, its just that fact that, well, i wouldve never thought that one of my fav top ten games would show up, and when i think of the names kratos, sackboy, and radec, the words spam, casual players, cod kids, flow through my mind, i dont want that to happen with kat o-e...

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 5, 2012

jamcakes wrote:

If it were someone other than Kat, I'd probably feel the same. However, I cannot deny myself the chance to play as her, the first few weeks will be hell as she and Emmett will be all over online play I bet, but soon enough only her most dedicated players will use her when the hype dies down. You're not crazy, I had a weird tendency to start using characters less in Smash Bros Brawl, even if they were my favourites, as a natural reaction to them being overplayed or a high placement on a Tier list. It doesn't make any sense really lol! That said, there really isn't much room to manoeuvre with the All-Stars roster, just about every character will feel overplayed from time to time because there isn't that much choice between them.

I'm in the same boat as you dude, I play this game with my friends and I find myself refraining from using characters like Raiden, Kratos, and Sackboy because of how people complain about them. I even do that online sometimes too lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 5, 2012
People have many reasons to play a character depending on if they like the character for the game they're from, like the way they play or sometimes like them depending how good or bad they are and to be honest you shouldn't let other people's perceptions of a character effect that.

Despite the hate towards some characters like Raiden I don't dislike anyone for playing him since they have they're own reasons for playing them and that's fine.

Beside Kat and Emmet are both going to be very very popular for a while because they are new characters and are free so everyone will have them to play as but it will die down after a while.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 5, 2012

i will never ever understand this mentality. Use whoever you want, a character having a certain association should not prevent you from using them for any reason... A character being good is the absolute worst reason to avoid them, makes no sense whatsoever.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I know your pain though. Look at my name.

Name consider the fact my Kratos is only like 150 rank..

I dont use him because people think he is OP. :c

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 5, 2012

BrianMX34 wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you dude, I play this game with my friends and I find myself refraining from using characters like Raiden, Kratos, and Sackboy because of how people complain about them. I even do that online sometimes too lol

haha yep I do the very same thing. With All-Stars I feel quite lucky that Spike or Sir Daniel aren't broken as they were always going to be my favourites since their announcement, if they were overplayed online and thus complained about like you said it would certainly ruin that experience somewhat, as much of a shame as that would be and as little sense it makes, its very true! I feel sorry for people who are genuine fans of Sackboy and Kratos in particular, because often they are judged in the same category as, as shadowtaman put it, spammers, casual players e.t.c

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (205 Views)
0 Likes