Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Who would make a better boss - a villain that has been defeated by the least threatening character on the roster or a villain not affiliated with any Playstation series ? Couple that with the fact that Negativitron is already in the Paris stage which is a mash up with LBP. Omar Kendall said the character was a 'he', recognisable to PS1 gamers & is not necessarily evil - Negativitron doesn't match any of those criterial. Your arguement about Polygonman not being well known falls flat when you say Negativitron is the boss - LBP may have sold millions, but a very small percentage of gamers will have remembered it.

SuperBot have also said it is not from any one franchise, let alone a single game.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 82 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/19/2012
Offline
572 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

pringles4ever wrote:

barker09 wrote:
Rumba probably mixed up the Paris stage with the boss VO. Sounds like Negativitron to me, he even says the same line.

For a guy who has been posting vids in the past month with the right voices, right sounds, and titles practically corresponding to both the sound and the visual (albeit very simple visual), I just highly doubt that he would mix it up. You would think that he has gotten everything right in the past dozens of videos, then when it came to probably one of the most-awaited sound byte he suddenly messes up. Really?


its quite possible. nobody is correct 100% of the time

ouyofo.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 82 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

pringles4ever wrote:

And just because it is a mash-up would not mean it is not the final boss. Of course, you would say "That would be ridiculous!" but that was our reaction too when we got New Dante over Old Dante or Raiden over Snake.


I'm getting pretty tired of people wipping over Dante's new look. They remind me the time that Metallica cut their hair, all "Metal fans" saying "They sold out!". Have you seen DmC's gameplay videos? That game looks just as awesome and fun as DMC 3. Just because Dante now has a new look, people are thinking that the game it's gonna be the worst game of all times. Come on, people! Yeah, DMC 3's Dante could have been more apealing, but I think the New Dante it's great. He's got almost the same move sets, weapons and attitude as the old Dante, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 82 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

Xarf wrote:

pringles4ever wrote:

barker09 wrote:
Rumba probably mixed up the Paris stage with the boss VO. Sounds like Negativitron to me, he even says the same line.

For a guy who has been posting vids in the past month with the right voices, right sounds, and titles practically corresponding to both the sound and the visual (albeit very simple visual), I just highly doubt that he would mix it up. You would think that he has gotten everything right in the past dozens of videos, then when it came to probably one of the most-awaited sound byte he suddenly messes up. Really?


its quite possible. nobody is correct 100% of the time


 

 

Yes but why didn't people say that when he uploaded Dollface's VO? It says Columbia VO, but there were no indication that she was in Columbia until Rumba uploaded the Columbia BGM. He just posted it with Columbia in the title and everyone believed it to be in Columbia despite the lack of evidence that it was indeed, from Columbia.

 

Which leads me to my next point. You guys do not want it to be true.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 82 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012
Or better yet, people are believing him on too little evidence...
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 82 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

BASSTakena wrote:

pringles4ever wrote:

And just because it is a mash-up would not mean it is not the final boss. Of course, you would say "That would be ridiculous!" but that was our reaction too when we got New Dante over Old Dante or Raiden over Snake.


I'm getting pretty tired of people wipping over Dante's new look. They remind me the time that Metallica cut their hair, all "Metal fans" saying "They sold out!". Have you seen DmC's gameplay videos? That game looks just as awesome and fun as DMC 3. Just because Dante now has a new look, people are thinking that the game it's gonna be the worst game of all times. Come on, people! Yeah, DMC 3's Dante could have been more apealing, but I think the New Dante it's great. He's got almost the same move sets, weapons and attitude as the old Dante, I don't see what's wrong with that.


Obviously you are a casual DMC player, who plays the games like someone would play God Of War. Do you sincerely believe that New Dante's appearance is the only complaint on the new game? I do not want to sound like an elitist, but true DMC players who understand the mechanics of DMC and how things work (just as fighting game fans understand mechanics like hitstun) think the reboot, so far, has been a step back from the original series.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 82 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

pringles4ever wrote:

BASSTakena wrote:

pringles4ever wrote:

And just because it is a mash-up would not mean it is not the final boss. Of course, you would say "That would be ridiculous!" but that was our reaction too when we got New Dante over Old Dante or Raiden over Snake.


I'm getting pretty tired of people wipping over Dante's new look. They remind me the time that Metallica cut their hair, all "Metal fans" saying "They sold out!". Have you seen DmC's gameplay videos? That game looks just as awesome and fun as DMC 3. Just because Dante now has a new look, people are thinking that the game it's gonna be the worst game of all times. Come on, people! Yeah, DMC 3's Dante could have been more apealing, but I think the New Dante it's great. He's got almost the same move sets, weapons and attitude as the old Dante, I don't see what's wrong with that.


Obviously you are a casual DMC player, who plays the games like someone would play God Of War. Do you sincerely believe that New Dante's appearance is the only complaint on the new game? I do not want to sound like an elitist, but true DMC players who understand the mechanics of DMC and how things work (just as fighting game fans understand mechanics like hitstun) think the reboot, so far, has been a step back from the original series.


The mechanics are still there, except more in the air now. The 30fps changes absolutely nothing because the PC version is 60fps. The problem with the game is that, everyone who is 'hardcore' at it tends to forget that, you're supposed to have FUN. If the entire internet is up in arms with the game, and only a small margin of them actually know what said mechanics are, its not going to change anything.

 

Heck, Heavenly Sword had aerial combos too except it was made weird. I was telling myself it'd work a lot better if you could chain throw them up and somehow link one attack to another character.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 82 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/19/2012
Offline
572 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

pringles4ever wrote:

Xarf wrote:

pringles4ever wrote:

barker09 wrote:
Rumba probably mixed up the Paris stage with the boss VO. Sounds like Negativitron to me, he even says the same line.

For a guy who has been posting vids in the past month with the right voices, right sounds, and titles practically corresponding to both the sound and the visual (albeit very simple visual), I just highly doubt that he would mix it up. You would think that he has gotten everything right in the past dozens of videos, then when it came to probably one of the most-awaited sound byte he suddenly messes up. Really?


its quite possible. nobody is correct 100% of the time


 

 

Yes but why didn't people say that when he uploaded Dollface's VO? It says Columbia VO, but there were no indication that she was in Columbia until Rumba uploaded the Columbia BGM. He just posted it with Columbia in the title and everyone believed it to be in Columbia despite the lack of evidence that it was indeed, from Columbia.

 

Which leads me to my next point. You guys do not want it to be true.


all we know is that dollface is in the game, we just dont know if she's in the columbia stage or not. You are right in saying that people only thought that because of Rumba's title of the video

ouyofo.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 82 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
320 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

I really think it's Polygonman, and during the fight he'll shapeshift or something, I mean I can clearly hear the Playstation 1 boot-up sound, reversed and that little "blink" sound remaining as how it's normally, I can see the boss being you against Polygonman and during the fight he transforms into Negativitron (hence he uses the same line as in LBP2) and maybe some other villains from different games, Superbot could do anything with polygonman if they wanted, you all have too agree that not many would know him, but making him a shapeshifter and turning into different villains for a few seconds would bring back memories to a broader audience.

 

I think they take the approach that Polygonman indeed is attacking the playstation universe and he can transform into a polygon version of everything he eats, that could open up  a huge crowd of gaming icons not playable in the game, but in the game in-form of a cutscene or something (like him turning into Nix or something to **bleep** off evil cole)

the michael trailer tomorrow might help us see who's the boss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated


All Stars Theme
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 82 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

I have literally no idea who Polygon Man is. Just his appearance.

 

I can bet nobody else knew before except for a small few.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 82 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes