Splicer
80 posts

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
They don't sound all that similar though - that's not my main gripe though, I just don't see a mash up stage character being the boss, it just doesn't make sense. I'm just waiting for the Paris stage's VO to get uploaded so I can compare Negativitrons voice from that with this.

Uhh, what? They sound very similar. Besides, the dialogue matches up with Negativitron's. "Consume everything.."?

In addition, you can't seriously think it's Polygon Man. Realistically speaking, will you pick Polygon Man as the final boss? He, not only has been around for three months, but he has never been on ANYTHING in the last 17 years or so. 

Someone brought it up in some forum and it spread. SuperBot has been making this game, at that time, for 2 years. Logically speaking, it can not be Polygon Man. I guarantee you 100% that SuperBot would not have thought of him as the final boss during development. Just no. Who do you think knows of Polygon Man? The 200 people in this forum and of the others. Meanwhile, something like LBP2 sold a million.

Message 41 of 82 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Rumba probably mixed up the Paris stage with the boss VO. Sounds like Negativitron to me, he even says the same line.
Message 42 of 82 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Who would make a better boss - a villain that has been defeated by the least threatening character on the roster or a villain not affiliated with any Playstation series ? Couple that with the fact that Negativitron is already in the Paris stage which is a mash up with LBP. Omar Kendall said the character was a 'he', recognisable to PS1 gamers & is not necessarily evil - Negativitron doesn't match any of those criterial. Your arguement about Polygonman not being well known falls flat when you say Negativitron is the boss - LBP may have sold millions, but a very small percentage of gamers will have remembered it.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 43 of 82 (145 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 22, 2012
It being Negativitron*

criteria*
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 44 of 82 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 22, 2012
guys how can you think its the negativitron too? he doesnt sound at all like the negativitron
this guy has a much deeper voice than the negativitron had...
Message 45 of 82 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Who would make a better boss - a villain that has been defeated by the least threatening character on the roster or a villain not affiliated with any Playstation series ? Couple that with the fact that Negativitron is already in the Paris stage which is a mash up with LBP. Omar Kendall said the character was a 'he', recognisable to PS1 gamers & is not necessarily evil - Negativitron doesn't match any of those criterial. Your arguement about Polygonman not being well known falls flat when you say Negativitron is the boss - LBP may have sold millions, but a very small percentage of gamers will have remembered it.

And honestly speaking, out of the 100 million PS1 gamers, who would say that Polygon Man is 'recognisable'?

Omar also said 20+ characters, and he has always said "stay tuned" for practically pertaining to NOTHING.

And just because it is a mash-up would not mean it is not the final boss. Of course, you would say "That would be ridiculous!" but that was our reaction too when we got New Dante over Old Dante or Raiden over Snake.

And I will bet that much more people would know Negativitron than Polygon Man.

Message 46 of 82 (128 Views)
Wastelander
846 posts

Oct 22, 2012

pringles4ever wrote:

And just because it is a mash-up would not mean it is not the final boss. Of course, you would say "That would be ridiculous!" but that was our reaction too when we got New Dante over Old Dante or Raiden over Snake.

No. There was plenty of logic in New Dante and Raiden. New Dante is in to promote the newer game, and because Capcom wanted to do so. Apart from appearance and personality, there little to no difference between the two. As for Raiden? Honestly he has much more moveset potential than Snake, also has a new game coming out, and Snake has already been in two competing Brawlers.

Message 47 of 82 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Oct 22, 2012

barker09 wrote:
Rumba probably mixed up the Paris stage with the boss VO. Sounds like Negativitron to me, he even says the same line.

For a guy who has been posting vids in the past month with the right voices, right sounds, and titles practically corresponding to both the sound and the visual (albeit very simple visual), I just highly doubt that he would mix it up. You would think that he has gotten everything right in the past dozens of videos, then when it came to probably one of the most-awaited sound byte he suddenly messes up. Really?

Message 48 of 82 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 22, 2012

"FEED ME"

ITS THE PLANT FROM LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS

Message 49 of 82 (99 Views)
Sackboy
423 posts