I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Re: who can this be??

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

What i think is goign to happen~

Remember the area where you fight your rival?

After you beat your rival, all the blue polygons on the ground and all around you are gonna turn purple and rise up to start fusing together making polygon man!

Then once you beat him he will shatter like glass and everyone lives happily ever after... Smiley Happy It was all clear to me once the glass sounds came up.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 31 of 82 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 22, 2012
The reason I say Polgygonman is the OPM specifically said 'instantly recognisable to PLAYSTATION 1 gamers, coupled with the fact that the other possible villains are part of mash ups for stages, and it definitely isn't a group of villains if Omar's descriptions have been anything to go on. Considering the audio could suffice for him and that he does not belong to any game, yet remains an exclusive and kinda important to the Playstation brand - it just seems like the logical conclusion until told otherwise.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 32 of 82 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I think it's either Negativitron or Polygon Man. Also maybe it's just me but doesn't some of the attacks sound like the PS1 boot up sound?
Message 33 of 82 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure that this battle takes place in the weird blue polygonal plain shown in the Rival Video and all the marketing pictures. I'm hoping that the boss stage itself is a mashup of this place and the start up screens from the various playstation consoles. Like the pillars rising up through the stage like in PS2, with the green and red lights. The swirly XMB default background etc etc.

Message 34 of 82 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I thought I remembered the "recognizable to the PS1 era" thing as well, but does anyone have a link of when they said this? I feel like this might of just been hear-say that became fact on this forum when multiple people started saying it, but I hope to be proven wrong on this. He isn't exactly what I would call a mastermind, but using the Negitivitron could an easy out in terms of the story (He brings everyone together to consume the negativity in the Playstation universe)
Message 35 of 82 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I forgot what the thread was called but try searching 'Magazine'.
Message 36 of 82 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Oct 22, 2012
its the negativatron, just watch this at 0:58 "you cannot truly defeat me" same as the rumba vid at 1:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpDXZP3kZs

ouyofo.jpg

Message 37 of 82 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 22, 2012
They don't sound all that similar though - that's not my main gripe though, I just don't see a mash up stage character being the boss, it just doesn't make sense. I'm just waiting for the Paris stage's VO to get uploaded so I can compare Negativitrons voice from that with this.
Message 38 of 82 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
They don't sound all that similar though - that's not my main gripe though, I just don't see a mash up stage character being the boss, it just doesn't make sense. I'm just waiting for the Paris stage's VO to get uploaded so I can compare Negativitrons voice from that with this.

im not saying that he is the final boss. but the voice that rumba uploaded is Negativatron.

EDIT: of course they are not gonna sound the exact same because SB didnt recycles old sound bytes for the game.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 39 of 82 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Like I said that's not my gripe - it's that Negativitron is in the Paris stage.
Message 40 of 82 (98 Views)
0 Likes