Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012
that is true, butI like his possibilities is why I want him to be the boss
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 61 of 82 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

pringles4ever wrote:

BASSTakena wrote:

pringles4ever wrote:

And just because it is a mash-up would not mean it is not the final boss. Of course, you would say "That would be ridiculous!" but that was our reaction too when we got New Dante over Old Dante or Raiden over Snake.


I'm getting pretty tired of people wipping over Dante's new look. They remind me the time that Metallica cut their hair, all "Metal fans" saying "They sold out!". Have you seen DmC's gameplay videos? That game looks just as awesome and fun as DMC 3. Just because Dante now has a new look, people are thinking that the game it's gonna be the worst game of all times. Come on, people! Yeah, DMC 3's Dante could have been more apealing, but I think the New Dante it's great. He's got almost the same move sets, weapons and attitude as the old Dante, I don't see what's wrong with that.


Obviously you are a casual DMC player, who plays the games like someone would play God Of War. Do you sincerely believe that New Dante's appearance is the only complaint on the new game? I do not want to sound like an elitist, but true DMC players who understand the mechanics of DMC and how things work (just as fighting game fans understand mechanics like hitstun) think the reboot, so far, has been a step back from the original series.


The mechanics are still there, except more in the air now. The 30fps changes absolutely nothing because the PC version is 60fps. The problem with the game is that, everyone who is 'hardcore' at it tends to forget that, you're supposed to have FUN. If the entire internet is up in arms with the game, and only a small margin of them actually know what said mechanics are, its not going to change anything.

 

Heck, Heavenly Sword had aerial combos too except it was made weird. I was telling myself it'd work a lot better if you could chain throw them up and somehow link one attack to another character.


And what exactly constitutes FUN? By what standard is FUN?

 

You have to remember, FUN is SUBJECTIVE. Just as an RPG enthusiast would find repetitively shooting people's faces on the same map for 5 hours is mindless and not fun, I would imagine it to be very different for a hardcore FPS player.

 

As for the mechanics, I would strongly disagree. I coul build a list now of how mechanics of the reboot are a huge step back, but I would only give one. In the past DMC games, you can instantly switch targets in the middle of shooting your guns. If one enemy suddenly comes down, you just press L1/R1 and it will target the enemy in a snap In the reboot, however, you can no longer do that. Once you start shooting at a target, you would have to wait for the shooting animation to finish before you can switch targets. There is a way to cancel the animation, which is to do a melee move. But, that is inconvenient and a waste of time. It instantly poses an issue with crowd control. That is just one thing, apart from all the other things wrong with the game's mechanics.

 

For what Heavenly Sword tried to do (which was to produce a game like GOW), it never achieved it. It did not help that God Of War 2 came out on the same year and was definitely the much better game.

Message 62 of 82 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

That's subjective as well. See, the game isn't even out yet. We don't know if they'll change that by the end of it. Heck, I still believe the new DmC is a completely different franchise than the original, tied only by the storyline.

 

And...God of War 2 being better than Heavenly Sword? Again, subjective. I enjoyed Heavenly Sword a ton more than I ever enjoyed any of the God of War games, and I've played and beaten all of them.

Message 63 of 82 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012
And I would also like to add that that is the charm of the DMC games. Casual and hardcore alike can enjoy the game in different ways. The reboot, however, is only directed towards the casual player. That is one of the fundamental differences between DMC and DmC.
Message 64 of 82 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

That's subjective as well. See, the game isn't even out yet. We don't know if they'll change that by the end of it. Heck, I still believe the new DmC is a completely different franchise than the original, tied only by the storyline.

 

And...God of War 2 being better than Heavenly Sword? Again, subjective. I enjoyed Heavenly Sword a ton more than I ever enjoyed any of the God of War games, and I've played and beaten all of them.


 

I wasn't talking about how FUN Heavenly Sword was, I was talking about the mechanics in contrast to that of God Of War 2's. GOW2 had the better controls, it had the better puzzle elements, better AI, better combo strings, etc. Not having a jump button was a grave mistake. It took away a lot of potential gameplay choices. Imagine the Mario games not being able to go left. HS did just that. it took away a dimension from the 3D plane.

Message 65 of 82 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/22/2012
Offline
862 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012
Sounds like the boss in omega boost.
Message 66 of 82 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012
This thread is about the boss guys not every thread has to be an argument about dmc


Message 67 of 82 (96 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

pringles4ever wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

That's subjective as well. See, the game isn't even out yet. We don't know if they'll change that by the end of it. Heck, I still believe the new DmC is a completely different franchise than the original, tied only by the storyline.

 

And...God of War 2 being better than Heavenly Sword? Again, subjective. I enjoyed Heavenly Sword a ton more than I ever enjoyed any of the God of War games, and I've played and beaten all of them.


 

I wasn't talking about how FUN Heavenly Sword was, I was talking about the mechanics in contrast to that of God Of War 2's. GOW2 had the better controls, it had the better puzzle elements, better AI, better combo strings, etc. Not having a jump button was a grave mistake. It took away a lot of potential gameplay choices. Imagine the Mario games not being able to go left. HS did just that. it took away a dimension from the 3D plane.


Except the story was vastly overshadowed by Heavenly Sword.

Yeah, God of War has never had good story. For that matter neither has Devil May Cry, as they're more into making you watch the fight than actually being in it. Which is why Bayonetta was horrible, and Asura's Wrath is literally garbage and should only be like a movie price of 10 bucks. On release.

 

Heavenly Sword at least had decent combat, enough to keep me interested in the whole thing. Every time I replay it I learn something new, like this time the Aerial Combos where you launch them with a vertical Range attack, and then follow up, or in the most recent case when I learned that Snake Lady's jet streams can be thrown aside with same launch button (I just dodged them).

 

Back to story though. God of War has and will always be horribly written, simply because the main character is a baby who's big knife was taken away so he murders the cat with a pair of forks. He's not relatable. He's a giant stick of angst who has no reason to fight, except for that horribly contrived 'my family was murdered by me' which is silly after he mains and destroys hundreds of other families.

 

Yeah, I know, Devil May Cry is at least 'somewhat' good written, but not enough. Capcom makes stories like my cat makes hairballs; disgusting and it has to be cleaned up afterwards, preferably with fire.

 

You say I'm more of a 'casual' DMC fan. I'd agree somewhat. I know the mechanics enough to play decently, but as a gamer I want to have more than just gameplay. I want the story.

 

Ninja Theory has never let me down in the story department. Ever. Seriously, I still hold them above most companies in story because every time they show that they at least 'try'.


I'm thinking that's 'why' Capcom gave them borrowing rights to the franchise. They took the big gamble by letting a smaller, barely-alive company (They cancelled HS2 due to funding problems) deal with their franchise. If they sacrifice minor gameplay mechanics that most people will glance over for the sake of a greater story, then awesome.

Message 68 of 82 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2012
Offline
411 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012
god of war has never good story

i just lolled
Message 69 of 82 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: who can this be??

Oct 22, 2012

fifa13fayfim wrote:
god of war has never good story

i just lolled

God of War 1 ended with the main character going onto his throne with a narration saying that he watched over various wars, such as World War 2.

 

Meaning that they retconned the entire thing just to throw another game out where he screams a lot with vague reason as to why he's doing anything besides 'get revenge on Zeus for making him stop starting so many wars' which is Kratos' fault in the first place, and 'Ares made me kill my family so I'd serve the gods' which, again, is silly because he's taking it out on others instead of trying to figure out why. He's a puppet. A puppet who screams a lot.

Message 70 of 82 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes