Wastelander
889 posts

Re: what do you think is better ?

Nov 1, 2012
That's why there are no unlockables in the game because if you didn't notice like 50% of dlc could just be unlockables and people encourage this which is sad but true superbot was considering unlockable characters but were shot down by lazy people in which they successed but hopefully one day there will be more unlockables than dlc
Message 11 of 17 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Unlocking characters. I miss the good old days of fighting games when I used to stay up all night trying to defeat the final boss, and get all the characters. I hate how fighting games are made now that has everything available at the beginning, it's ot fun anymore. This games still looks fun, but I wish SuperBot stayed with the tradition of fighting games of the past.

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 12 of 17 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Unlocked from the start.

I remember the days when I unlocked the SFIV Chars, along with the ones such as Akuma/Gouken/Seth. However, I didn't like that I have to unlock characters by playing characters I didn't want to play as EVER. So I prefer everything unlocked from the start cause I can decide which to play. I did enjoy how MvC3 had you unlock the chars by just points in Arcade Mode.

Tmix1600 wrote:
Unlockables no contest but thing is a bunch of people are lazy especially fighting gamers for example mk9 ultimate marvel vs capcom3 tekken tag tournament 2 street fighter x tekken and street fighter 4 arcade edition all have no unlockable characters but all have dlc characters because back then gamers would want unlockables but now prefer to just buy them than go though the time to earn them

Tmix1600 wrote:
That's why there are no unlockables in the game because if you didn't notice like 50% of dlc could just be unlockables and people encourage this which is sad but true superbot was considering unlockable characters but were shot down by lazy people in which they successed but hopefully one day there will be more unlockables than dlc
The example "MK9" you used has unlockable characters which is by playing the Story Mode. Also, SSFIV:AE only has that $15 DLC which gets you four character. Even though people did buy those, I never bought it only because of the characters. Twins & Clones.
Even KOF XIII had DLC Chars but they were optional & did have Unlockable Chars that you can unlock or buy them instead. Even though I never unlocked one char, who I won't play as, I wouldn't buy it & rather stick with what I unlock, Billy.
It's a good thing SuperBot went that way. How would you unlock the chars? Cause I sure didn't like how I had to unlock the chars in SFIV & in KOF XIII, in which I never unlock that other character because it was annoying how they had it like that. PS All-Stars might of done it, but if they did it in the way of SSBB, that'd be fine. If it comes to hard unlockables, people just tend to want to play the Roster. You could call them lazy people if you want, but the direction could have gone as "Hard Unlockables" on PS All-Stars or forcing chars for no reason.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 13 of 17 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 1, 2012
I know mk9 has unlockable characters but its only 2 and 4 dlc characters and ok if you don't want to earn characters like your suppose to but instead you prefer paying ok that's stupid but whatever
Message 14 of 17 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Unlockables without a doubt. This game does have many unlockables but I did enjoy back in the day unlocking characters. Gamers are to lazy now though.
Message 15 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Is there anything more rewarding in fighting games than finally unlocking a new character? I think not...
Message 16 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 2, 2012

i think unlockables is better
but as (in general) its one per franchise, some would be dissapointed if their favourites couldnt be played from the get go

in a few years when a sequel is (hopefully) released, ide assume they would make the secondary characters unlockable

Message 17 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes