Jul 21 2012
By: sovietprince I Only Post Everything 1197 posts

vita holding it down

11 replies 242 views Edited Jul 21, 2012

as we know superbot is making it so the vita and ps3 versions of this game crossplayable. What worries me though is how this might limit the ps3 version of the game?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Re: vita holding it down

Jul 21, 2012

I think that this is a case of them developing it for ps3 and iit being ported at the same time by Bluepoint games

---
MOVE THE COMMUNITY TO http://pastadium.forumotion.com/
Message 2 of 12 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Just stating, I hate hearing the term 'ported' for this game. Maybe it's just me being very picky (probably is haha!) but it's getting a simultaneous release and I feel as if 'port' would, more or less, or at least more appropriately, refer to things like, creating the game for the Playstation 3, then later, converting it to work on the Vita.

Okay. Yeah. It is a port hahah! But, in all seriousness, I feel as if the term 'port' seems a little... 'watered down'
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 3 of 12 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 21, 2012

I think it is probably being slightly held back by the Vita in terms of graphics but they have desided to go with a rather stylized less realistic look so they graphics still look really nice.  I too think it is a bit unfair to call the Vita version a port because they release at the same time and they will be almost identical other than things such as the camera being different in the Vita version to make things easier to see.

Message 4 of 12 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Superbot already talked about this, it's being held back by the Vita version, normally in PS3 games developers have to limit the resolution to 720p or "HD" inorder to maintain 30 / 60 fps depending on game (the playstations hardware is quite old), in all stars case what they have done is basicly releasing a vita game on ps3, now that's not a bad thing, Im totally happy with the outcome, because the game is not as demanding they "bumped" the resolution up to 1080P while still holding the 60fps at all time, that's pretty great for guys out there with big TV's
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 5 of 12 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
Just stating, I hate hearing the term 'ported' for this game. Maybe it's just me being very picky (probably is haha!) but it's getting a simultaneous release and I feel as if 'port' would, more or less, or at least more appropriately, refer to things like, creating the game for the Playstation 3, then later, converting it to work on the Vita.

Okay. Yeah. It is a port hahah! But, in all seriousness, I feel as if the term 'port' seems a little... 'watered down'

It is being ported. Because it's not being made by superbot, it's being ported by bluepoint games.

And it's watered down as in the graphics are slightly different, and the camera acts slightly different to accommadate the smaller screen.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 6 of 12 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Jul 21, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

It is being ported. Because it's not being made by superbot, it's being ported by bluepoint games.

And it's watered down as in the graphics are slightly different, and the camera acts slightly different to accommadate the smaller screen.

I believe the graphics are not different at all. Only difference is the screen and the camera has place on interest coding in to it

Message 7 of 12 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 21, 2012

No the Vita's capability is only slightly lower than the Ps3's, and if you've noticed pc's have better graphics than consoles despite the game having the same capability, I don't think its being held back. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 8 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jul 21, 2012
I'll change my earlier statement, everything is the same for Vita and PS3 but the camera is different, both run at 60 frames per second, PS3 version in 1080p. This was posted earlier today from Superbots Facebook page
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/20/3172610/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-vita-preview

to explain short, the camera view is bigger on PS3 than Vita
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 9 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I am just worried they maybe had an idea for a cool super/ or character but could not do it because it would not work with the vita
Photobucket
Message 10 of 12 (63 Views)
0 Likes