Fender Bender
2792 posts

Re: this game isn't what I expected.

Dec 26, 2012

iiigiigy wrote:
I have learned new techniques and all, I still just find that the supers "being the only way to actually gain kill points" are just not extraordinary. It seems as though there's something missing.

Yes, something is missing: skill, on your part.

You're judging the game after 3 stories of gameplay and a few matches. Instead of wasting time here on the forums, why don't you keep playing the game and learn some combos or moves to keep your opponent at bay, not a lot of attacks can be mashed together with 1 button. It's not that something is missing, it's that you're not trying.

You have to look at this game as its own game and keep Smash Bros. out of your head, otherwise if you try to play it like Smash Bros., you'll be disappointed because it's not like it, not that that's a bad thing! Well, for most of us, at least.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Dec 26, 2012

So you think the game is a button masher. To some extent, I can see why you would say that, but the same could be said for other fighters like MvC3. When you first start playing trying to play casually it feels like you can just press random buttons to win, I know I have been there. But as you advance you find way more things to do. Besides, this game is all about the multiplayer anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Dec 26, 2012

In all of the Smash Bros. Games, I could dominate with anyone. (exept on  the N64) But in this game, I am only good with a select few. 

JUST SAIYAN.

If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Its called a learning curve
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 26, 2012
The characters in SSB had similar move to one another therefore if you spend your time with any character in the game you can play with any other character and know how to play with them.

In PSAS, every character has a different learning curve, so its only natural to suck with one character and be very good with another.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (36 Views)
0 Likes