Apr 15 2013
By: rollingfast Monster Hunter 36 posts

sweet tooth

3 replies 140 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

Can anyone teach me some things with him? I can't do anything with him.

Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: sweet tooth

Apr 15, 2013

1. Mines

2. Shotgun

3. Machete.

Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Apr 15, 2013
4. Molotov's galore!
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Apr 15, 2013

TL;DR Just Ctrl+F tricks or combo

I think every move has a purpose And they're not all for AP gain. Moltoves are for annoying your enemies to get them to come to you. Make them play your game. I've found that the machete And fire breath are best used defensively. The machete has other uses like the KC And the fact that it's sneaky when used from above, And it begins the harder burst combos.

FIRE BREATH is nearly 100% defense. Because of it's long range And even longer duration, use it against chargers like Raiden And Sly to interrupt their dash. The fact that it can be aimed allows you to interrupt ground pounds aswell, Nariko, Dante, Jak, Sweet Tooth. You might think, "why not just block?" Well blocking still gives half AP And because it's unexpected. MIND GAMES never forget you're playing another human, subject to frustration And hesitation when his routine is challenged.

As for offense, it can be a time eater; Some one caught in it against a wall is going to lose a few seconds they could've spent gaining AP (really annoying in Stowaway where you can do this to all 3 opponents multiple times), a team kill confirm; Hold enemies still for a Spike lvl2 or something, or an annoying body camping move; flatten a foe And hold fire over them. (not super useful)

FLAME SAW, as it's called in Twisted Metal, is more useful in the air. I only use it in a couple situations but it still has it's place. Try using it in 2v2 as a team combo. For instance, my buddy mains Dante And every time he starts to combo some one up in the air I jump to the other side of him And go to town with that flame saw! This works better than other attacks because as I'm sure you've noticed almost all of ST's other moves blast enemies out of combos. (BTW don't get into a habit of that. I can't tell you how many times I'm automatically jumped right into enemy Dante's combos. T.T)

On the ground it's too slow to be effective crowd control but it gives great AP if you get all three opponents. Using it just above a brawling group is unsafe but might yield high reward. It's also useful when you can't (or don't wanna) guess which direction an opponent will roll or if someone is just rolling around you alot. Just stand nearby And let loose. If you're against a wall you will hit him whether he stands or rolls behind you.

ROAD KILL MINE, always have one out. Infact just use it like any other attack. It gives as much AP as the shoulder rush so there's no reason to think of it as a strategy type move. However it can be used that way to great effect by controlling space And making them play your game. Place right after you flatten someone And they'll nearly always roll, And it's usually going to be behind you. Use that to chase the roll with your lvl1. Stay near your mine And if you can't place a new one near the fight. When ever you And a foe are separated by a mine they're going to jump over it to get to you. That's controlling their movement And if you know what they're going to do you can hit them. Also don't forget you can drop mines off cliffs. Something else unexpected.

GROUND POUND, is basically like the mine. It's very punishable but it does have some perks. 1 it won't reset your mine if you like where it is. And 2 it can be tricky. People don't see it coming when there's a thin floor between you. It can pass right through by holding down. And the fact that it pauses your fall before activating lets you catch people off guard when they're ready And waiting for you to get within striking range. Try it on a Sly or Dante that's countering a lot. They'll be expecting a slash or shot gun And by using it right above them the pause will wear off right as they're counter ends.

Easy Combo: Air neutral square, Down square, Up square, Forward triangle
Burst Combo: Air neutral square, Down square, Down circle, small hop forward, Air Up square (as late as possible before foe recovers) Up circle. This one takes a lot of practice.

Grab Combo: Down grab, Up square, Forward triangle OR Forward square OR Down triangle. (timing's tough with down triangle but it puts them right back down to do it all again.)

When some one has been flattened, which should happen alot, place a mine on them and from there you have tons of control! If they roll shoulder rush them to put them right back down, moltove or machete toss, or hop and slash to garuntee you a kill with your lvl1. If you can predict where they'll roll just chase it with a lvl1, no KC needed. If they stand they'll explode up. jump up and slash them right back down; repeat! If they stand up blocking, down grab them and follow with a down shotgun. The timing's hard but it'll put them right back on the ground in front of you.

When on a thin floor, drop down and imediately press up circle. You'll roast anyone who was near you on the platorm.

Watch people's movements in the air. When they use up both their jumps you have a pretty good idea of where they'll land. Shoot a lvl1 at the spot you know they'll land.

Don't be afraid to lvl1 someone who's in the middle of their super. Even if you die you'll kill them (if done right) which will put yyou both one point ahead of the others and it may keep them from getting more kills but cutting their super short. Example, lvl1 a parappa in the middle of his lvl2.

When there's no wall, enemies hit with the shotgun will just twirl aroudn in the air at the edge of the screen. You have enough time to jump and shotgun them again.

Kill Confirms:

Aerial machete toss from the right distance. - lvl1

Aerial Moltov from the right distance - lvl1

Aerial neutral square - lvl1 (but this attack is also great at starting combos so don't spam it too much or people will predict you)

Predict where some one will roll - lvl1

Mine - lvl2

Ground pound - lvl2

Shotgun - lvl3

Flamesaw - lvl3

Some notes:

Learn how people tend to roll so you can chase them with lvl1. I've found people like to roll behind you especially if the other way is a wall or cliff. They wanna get away And preferably behind. If you predict correctly you get a kill.

ST can be too slow to hit some very mobile players but his grabs are as fast as anyone's And don't require turning around first. Get in the habit of grabbing players that end up face to face with you. Down grab followed by shot gun is the best.

When playing 2v2 shot gun in your best strategy. Blow one guy away And double team his partner. When he makes it back do it again! (also useful in stock 2v2 after your partner dies out And you're the one getting double teamed)

Master the hop And slash. By taping X And neutral square quickly you can execute the Arial slash from the ground. It's much harder against short people. Thin Floors also work very well with the air slash. Drop down on people below you or jump up through them to surprise people standing on them.

Don't rely solely on the shot gun, especially if you've only got one guy near you. If you shot gun him away you've gotta use precious seconds (in ranked) to chase him down or wait for him to come to you.

In general stay just above head level. From there you can air slash, down shotgun, shoulder rush, And drop a mine. Not only that but you can act instantly after landing instead of waiting to recover. For example, shoulder rush just above the ground And you'll dash a lil ways, land And don't have to wait for ST to do his recovery animation. You can really surprise people this way by rushing just short of hitting them, And nail them with the shot gun as soon as you touch down.

Any Stages that stun enemies will give you free kills with the lvl1.

Hang around the edge of a drop off And slash or shotgun enemies down into the hole.

Detonate lvl2 with circle. You may already know this but I only found out weeks ago!

Mine or ground pound sets up a lvl2 kill but you have a better chance of getting a multikill by setting it off in groups.

Don't use lvl2... like ever. It should only be used if there's not time to get lvl3. If possible lose or waste some AP to drop back down to lvl1s. By which I mean get hit by hazzards to drop back down to lvl1 or waste a lvl1 to keep from reaching lvl2. Unless, of course, you're going for lvl3.

Now let's talk about some stages. Franzea is one of my favorites even though it's big And big levels take way too long for him to traverse. It has a thin floor in the middle perfect for dropping down And roasting enemies above with up circle. It has platforms close enough to water level that you can get people with down shotgun several times before they try going around you. (plus that really pisses them off) And its size And water hazard make it great for his lvl3.

San Francisco is the best stage for ST. It's not too big. It has a false wall to the right so you can repeatedly shotgun enemies against it. It has two small platforms to the right that are perfect for down shotgun And mines. You can drop mines off the edge or put it anywhere on the platform And enemies have to roll into it. And lastly it's perfectly set up for lvl3. Get to the left before using it And there are no blind spots the gatling gun can't reach, And the thin floor above you can be hit with the rockets.

Alden's Tower is great for Sweet Tooth. When you reach the top, claim the ray sphere in the center. Plant a mine on the platform and people will have a hard time seeing it with the blue light all over. They'll try to knock you away from the sphere but the mine will screw them up. Shot gun them away from you. While waiting on the sphere to vomit AP, block or toss Moltovs and machetes.

Stay away from Gravity Chamber And Dreamscape. If you are playing those stay on a small platform that will maximize your mines.

Lastly let's talk about Sweetbot! When you get lvl3 shot gun people away so they'll be easy targets for the gatling gun. Also try to get to one edge of the stage, the edge that will allow for as few blind spots as possible. For instance, Hade's lil pits at either side allow people to just hide in them, safe from the gun. You'll have to go over and stomp them.

Now most people know how to dodge it. Get close And jump to avoid the stomp. But again these are human beings. When people are crowded under you, just fake them out with a lil hop And they'll jump. When you land wait just a moment And stomp. They'll preferably be back on the ground by then but even if people like Cole hover on their way down, the blast should last long enough to just get them as they land.

When you first transform go for the most kills first. If everyone is nearby stomp or fire rockets depending on where they are And how they're moving (like maybe Kat's flying toward you in the air. By the time the rockets fire she'll be right in the killzone.)
When people respawn they'll be as far away as possible so be ready to gatling gun before they can get close. Practice timing the END of your gatling gun with the END of their respawn invincibility. Meaning, start shooting while they're still invincible And keep the bullets on them. If you manage it they'll die right as they stop blinking And if they get away from you, the gun will stop right away so you can stomp or whatever, rather than wasting time shooting at nothing.
Keep in mind that the stomp has a very large shockwave beneath it. If you're on a platform above someone who thinks they're safe, stomp And they're toast! Thin Floors are especially good because you can jump onto it And stomp the people who were camping at your feet. Because of this the left edge of San Francisco And the right edge of Stowaways are perfect perches for using ST's lvl3

Sweetbot's wonderful but lvl1 will get more kills for your AP if you're good at landing it and some stages are so bad for the Sweetbot you should just use lvl1's even if you suck with them. Then again you rarely need more than the 9 kills you can get with one Sweetbot. Yes 9 kills are possible, but since the big patch it's much harder to do. To get 3 kills on one player you have to land every attack during the lvl3. Any missed opportunity and you won't get all 9.

And that's finally all I know about Sweet Tooth.

TL;DR Ctrl+f tricks or combo

The future, is in the past... ONWARD, AOSHIMA!
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)