Sackboy
517 posts

Re: surprises that are not ready yet-seth killian

Nov 3, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

stelmoslight wrote:

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
wow who cares about what they say' they've been saying "surprises" and "lots of content" all while during the past 6 months they've been showing the same **bleep** FFA mode and giving the same **bleep** answers "it's a supers-only game".

for all we know he's just hyping his own game. anyone not remember the past 3 months where y'all been speculating on additional characters based on Omar's "stay tuned"? where did that get you? NOWHERE. i don't even believe half of what this guy is saying.

if he's referring to cutscenes as surprises then **** you. every game has a cutscene. who the **** would be surprised about a cutscene. no one's going to scream at the top of their lungs because Gabe Logan made a cameo sneaking alongside Raziel. they're not playable, and that's where it all boils down to.

also to people re-assuring others of not knowing the entire game, well it's not like there's 20 other characters hidden or a gazillion other game modes buried within the game. we already know the most important features of this game. yeah, we don't know about belts. wow that has me soooo hyped. are you kidding me. oh intros what a surprise. like Cloud or any of the top-requested characters will introduce your character or something. this is a game that doesn't even have ONE character from the RPG genre. that's like making a Smash Bros. game and not one platforming character is in.

Umm...Half-Life doesn't have a cutscene...

It does...

No it doesn't.  It was a game that was praised for interactive storytelling that used absolutely no cutscenes.  You retained full control over Freeman the whole time.  Read it on wikipedia under gameplay.  

Message 51 of 81 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
wow who cares about what they say' they've been saying "surprises" and "lots of content" all while during the past 6 months they've been showing the same **bleep** FFA mode and giving the same **bleep** answers "it's a supers-only game".

for all we know he's just hyping his own game. anyone not remember the past 3 months where y'all been speculating on additional characters based on Omar's "stay tuned"? where did that get you? NOWHERE. i don't even believe half of what this guy is saying.

if he's referring to cutscenes as surprises then **** you. every game has a cutscene. who the **** would be surprised about a cutscene. no one's going to scream at the top of their lungs because Gabe Logan made a cameo sneaking alongside Raziel. they're not playable, and that's where it all boils down to.

also to people re-assuring others of not knowing the entire game, well it's not like there's 20 other characters hidden or a gazillion other game modes buried within the game. we already know the most important features of this game. yeah, we don't know about belts. wow that has me soooo hyped. are you kidding me. oh intros what a surprise. like Cloud or any of the top-requested characters will introduce your character or something. this is a game that doesn't even have ONE character from the RPG genre. that's like making a Smash Bros. game and not one platforming character is in.

well, i wouldnt put it the way you did(you sound really passionite about it) but i do completely agree with you. all we've been hearing about is "oh we got surpises for you" but where are they? i wouldnt count belts and menu changing as surpises but thats just me.

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 52 of 81 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 3, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:

stelmoslight wrote:

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

Umm...Half-Life doesn't have a cutscene...

It does...

No it doesn't.  It was a game that was praised for interactive storytelling that used absolutely no cutscenes.  You retained full control over Freeman the whole time.  Read it on wikipedia under gameplay.  

are you kidding me? full control? all you can do is jump and move around. is that what you call free control? you can move him, during a scene where NPCs stop and deliver dialogue within an environment where you can't get out of. how is that full control? that's a cutscene happening in real-time. and there's countless of other games like that. doesn't mean it's not a cutscene. oh look the intro where you can just move within an area of 3 feet and looking around, wow NOT a cutscene? are you kidding me? you can go on and on about how it's not an animated CGI FMV whatever but the fact remains it's still a cutscene.

Message 53 of 81 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Look up cutscene under wikipedia and then scroll down to the section titled No Cutscenes.  The first game that pops up is Half-Life.  

Message 54 of 81 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 3, 2012
Stelmoslight, no offence but that's still a cutscene. Just because you can move doesn't mean it's not..
But either way, why does it matter about half life??
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 55 of 81 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 3, 2012

He brought up a point that was false.  He said that EVERY game has a cutscene.  I am merely correcting his error.  

Message 56 of 81 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 3, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

Look up cutscene under wikipedia and then scroll down to the section titled No Cutscenes.  The first game that pops up is Half-Life.  

Wikipedia visited me in my dream and told me everything i wanted to know about life, and then some. 

Message 57 of 81 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Your reply suggests that you have no proof to the contrary, in which case my point still stands and you are therefore wrong.  And because I have no further need of this discussion, I will say good day to you, sir.  

Message 58 of 81 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Well technically I don't think Half Life has "cutscenes", it has scenes but they don't really "cut" so to speak. They take place in real time in the game and you can move about while they're happening. Not really the same thing as a typical cutscene in a videogame. 

Message 59 of 81 (115 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 3, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

Your reply suggests that you have no proof to the contrary, in which case my point still stands and you are therefore wrong.  And because I have no further need of this discussion, I will say good day to you, sir.  

look at interactive movies or interactive youtube videos you don't go around saying it's "interactive storytelling, not a movie" crap. a movie is a movie. so is a cutscene. no one says, "oh because it's unlike conventional movies or youtube videos, they're now different!". that's nonsense and stupid.

also, Wikipedia as proof? don't make me laugh. anyone with a brain knows it's an open encyclopedia. and to further this crap, with what grounds and with whose standards do you base something as being a cutscene or not? oh because Valve says it's not a cutscene, therefore it's not? puhlease.

Message 60 of 81 (104 Views)