Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Re: superbot care more about Facebook and Twitter than the Forum why?

Sep 11, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
I love when people think 100 people posting in a forum is the "voice" of the gamers.

Facebook and Twitter are ways for them to ACTUALLY reach the fans. Not a forum with a couple hundred kids complaining about what they want. They read these forums, we already know that. What do you want them to do? Come down and tell us what they are doing? They have Facebooks and Twitters designed for marketing, welcome to how every game pretty much markets itself.

Then I wonder what Publishers did before when there was not **bleep** facebook or twitter?

Photobucket
Message 21 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Shin-ta- wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:
I love when people think 100 people posting in a forum is the "voice" of the gamers.

Facebook and Twitter are ways for them to ACTUALLY reach the fans. Not a forum with a couple hundred kids complaining about what they want. They read these forums, we already know that. What do you want them to do? Come down and tell us what they are doing? They have Facebooks and Twitters designed for marketing, welcome to how every game pretty much markets itself.

Then I wonder what Publishers did before when there was not **bleep** facebook or twitter?

myspaceSmiley Very Happy

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 22 of 34 (106 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 11, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Shin-ta- wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

myspaceSmiley Very Happy

rofl kudos

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 23 of 34 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 11, 2012
You mean back when no one really used the internet for information and they had magazines?

Stop being a grumpy moron and realize the more people know about the game the more people will buy it. They are a company, you want them to go under?
Message 24 of 34 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 11, 2012

YOU MEAN COMPANIES AREN'T MADE TO PANDER TO OUR EVERY WHINE AND MOAN?

OHMYGOOOOOOOOD

Message 25 of 34 (86 Views)
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 11, 2012
SB doesnt owe you **bleep**, and are definitely not obligated to answer you. Just like you are not required to buy their game. Stop crying.

In the 1980's gamers typically had zero contact with developers, especially Japanese. Be thankful for all the contact we do get now.
Message 26 of 34 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Sep 11, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
You mean back when no one really used the internet for information and they had magazines?

Stop being a grumpy moron and realize the more people know about the game the more people will buy it. They are a company, you want them to go under?

I guess you are the moron if you thing marketing is the key factor for a good game.. You will realize that marketing is only half of the battle.

If you market really well the game  but have a bad product , you will have a lot of trading of the game within the first weeks and that will hurt the company more , because of the sale of used games and bad reputation they will create with the new Ip. But I guess a kid like you will never understand sorry for offending your holy Facebook......

Photobucket
Message 27 of 34 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Sep 11, 2012

just because you dont like facebook doesnt mean it shouldnt be a way for them to talk about the game....They read these forums and are probably influenced by some of the things we post. Other people dont have the time to come on a forum and read every thred and comment, but they can quickly look at a twitter or facebook page and get an idea of whats going on. Also gives us more people to play with online, so honestly i dont understand whats going through your head saying they care more because it honestly doesnt matter.

Photobucket
Message 28 of 34 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Superbot is a new dev. All-Stars is a brand new IP. To make money, they need to reach out to an audience. Obviously, not everyone knows about this game, so why would they make big announcments on the forum for this game. How do you not understand this?

Message 29 of 34 (50 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Marketing is the key factor for a good game because a good game that doesn't sell doesn't go anywhere. It doesn't matter if you make the greatest game in the world, if no one buys it... You're not making another game. Why do you think Call of Duty continues to turn out game after game despite all these claims that they are crappy games? CAUSE THEY SELL.

You didn't offend my holy Facebook (I don't even like Facebook), you're just being an idiot. If you are posting on this forum you already know about the game and chances are... You're already going to buy it. The point of the Facebook and Twitters are to spread the word and hopefully turn more people into wanting to buy the game.

What exactly are you even upset over? That they aren't posting on this forum going "Hey... Shin... Who do you want in this game? Tell me how you want it to play out?"

End of the day SuperBot is a company, they want to make money. Do they want to keep fans happy? Yeah. But they want money. If you don't make money you don't keep making games.

I guess an old timer like you doesn't understand how to run a company.
Message 30 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes