Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

Shadowmark123 wrote:

I would want shadow in the game. But If sonic was in psabr they would have to change his moveset due to the combo system.


yeah haha, eh for a sega character id say kazuma for sure, if we got to pick, would love a valkryia character or jet setSmiley Wink i feel jet set would be in a microsoft version though;(

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 31 of 50 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
1273 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

I think Hatsune Miku should be put as a Sega rep since Segea publishes the game, and it will get japanese players attention. Though its hard to get her to the states

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 32 of 50 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:
sell jet set radio, yakuza, valkryia (another game sony obviously partnered with sega for) to ps3 and phantasy star to microsoft i guess (its pretty big for x box). Id love to see what any company could do with a new jet set game (rerelease on PSN <3)

I think Sony should grab Yakuza, Valkyria, Hatsune Miku and maybe Phantasy Star (SOE has experience in MMOs so they could give their input) and if they can grab the Yakuza studio in the process + one of the other teams, they'd make off well.  I just think they need to bulk up a bit more over at SCEJ with the whole Team ICO crap.  Having 2 solid RPG series added to their roster (if they USE them cause they're sitting on a few already) and Yakuza + that 1st party tech they have, it'd be a real showcase in Japan. 

 

And Phantasy Star has leaned more this way recently I'd say (PSP/PSP2 on PSP, PSO2 coming to PSV).  I can see MS nabbing JSR, possibly Shenmue and maybe even Panzer Dragoon/Virtua On/Chromehounds/Condemned.  Nintendo would snap up Sonic to go all in with a "Mario & Sonic" title (platformer, not mini-games like their other outings) and would snap up whatever else they could get to compensate in areas they're lacking or would resonate well with their own stuff (Super Monkey Ball?).


Message 33 of 50 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:
sell jet set radio, yakuza, valkryia (another game sony obviously partnered with sega for) to ps3 and phantasy star to microsoft i guess (its pretty big for x box). Id love to see what any company could do with a new jet set game (rerelease on PSN <3)

I think Sony should grab Yakuza, Valkyria, Hatsune Miku and maybe Phantasy Star (SOE has experience in MMOs so they could give their input) and if they can grab the Yakuza studio in the process + one of the other teams, they'd make off well.  I just think they need to bulk up a bit more over at SCEJ with the whole Team ICO crap.  Having 2 solid RPG series added to their roster (if they USE them cause they're sitting on a few already) and Yakuza + that 1st party tech they have, it'd be a real showcase in Japan. 

 

And Phantasy Star has leaned more this way recently I'd say (PSP/PSP2 on PSP, PSO2 **bleep** areas or would resonate well with their own stuff (Super Monkey Ball?).


i may be wrong but i thought phantasy star had two exclusive games to the 360 (maybe i never noticed them on the ps3 xD) thats the only reason i said thatSmiley Happy i want sony to grab jet set too, just think about how amazing that series would be with how big todays games and all are. i would diiiie.

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 34 of 50 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/29/2012
Offline
1268 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

meh I wouldn't care if microsoft made there own version I would like to see how they would pull it off.

Message 35 of 50 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
If it were up to me I would sale off the franchises that made the most money from selling and rebuild new franchises.  Then I would pay to have a prototype console made and then show that off for a year and hope a company will help fund it or dev teams will get behind it and make games for it.

I think the way the market is right now, SEGA would be eaten alive trying to re-enter.  We're transitioning into a new gen and we know Nintendo is going after titles to help improve their 'hardcore' image (Bayonetta 2 being exclusive despite the first title being on PS3/360, snapping up Monster Hunter for now, etc.) and I expect MS to go back to their usual 3rd party exclusives buying come their next console getting out to also establish some footing.  Sony may be able to do the same in that regard or they may entirely just rely on their 1st/2nd party relationships (existing and new IPs) w/ minimal 3rd party help (still getting multiplatform titles obviously).  You throw SEGA into the mix and if they've sold off some of those IPs and had to shop around for support to begin with, they're not going to have much at all to help them against the others if they're being trumped with the exclusives.


Shopping around may be a little hard, but like you said they can pick up 3rd Party games and snag some exclusive stuff like what M$ is doing.  Then once they're in a stable position then you can start spitting out more exclusives like Sony.  The market is definitely hard to get into, but look at the PS1.  That system was expected to fail, Sony proved if you play your cards right it can be done.

Message 36 of 50 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
If it were up to me I would sale off the franchises that made the most money from selling and rebuild new franchises.  Then I would pay to have a prototype console made and then show that off for a year and hope a company will help fund it or dev teams will get behind it and make games for it.

I think the way the market is right now, SEGA would be eaten alive trying to re-enter.  We're transitioning into a new gen and we know Nintendo is going after titles to help improve their 'hardcore' image (Bayonetta 2 being exclusive despite the first title being on PS3/360, snapping up Monster Hunter for now, etc.) and I expect MS to go back to their usual 3rd party exclusives buying come their next console getting out to also establish some footing.  Sony may be able to do the same in that regard or they may entirely just rely on their 1st/2nd party relationships (existing and new IPs) w/ minimal 3rd party help (still getting multiplatform titles obviously).  You throw SEGA into the mix and if they've sold off some of those IPs and had to shop around for support to begin with, they're not going to have much at all to help them against the others if they're being trumped with the exclusives.


Shopping around may be a little hard, but like you said they can pick up 3rd Party games and snag some exclusive stuff like what M$ is doing.  Then once they're in a stable position then you can start spitting out more exclusives like Sony.  The market is definitely hard to get into, but look at the PS1.  That system was expected to fail, Sony proved if you play your cards right it can be done.


to me right now sony and valve are the hearts of gaming, nintendo is better than microsoft but i still feel as if nintendo is missing what they once had, but if sega can pull itself together it would be amazing

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 37 of 50 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:
i may be wrong but i thought phantasy star had two exclusive games to the 360 (maybe i never noticed them on the ps3 xD) thats the only reason i said thatSmiley Happy i want sony to grab jet set too, just think about how amazing that series would be with how big todays games and all are. i would diiiie.

I know there was one earlier on but I think it was on PS2 as well and it was that time when the PS3 was hard to work with so stuff didn't make it over or was delayed.  But as of late, PS has been PlayStation oriented, at the very least, on the handheld side of things.  Nothing on console as of late (people are still wondering about PSO2).

 


Message 38 of 50 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:
i may be wrong but i thought phantasy star had two exclusive games to the 360 (maybe i never noticed them on the ps3 xD) thats the only reason i said thatSmiley Happy i want sony to grab jet set too, just think about how amazing that series would be with how big todays games and all are. i would diiiie.

I know there was one earlier on but I think it was on PS2 as well and it was that time when the PS3 was hard to work with so stuff didn't make it over or was delayed.  But as of late, PS has been PlayStation oriented, at the very least, on the handheld side of things.  Nothing on console as of late (people are still wondering about PSO2).

 


that may be itSmiley Tongue and PSO2 is out in japan right? i played the beta for itSmiley Happy if it came to consolesSmiley Surprised i still have the first one for gamecube

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 39 of 50 (26 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

If I could get one week being the head of SEGA that company would turn right around and start selling games worth buying along with a brand new console everyone has been waiting for.

Message 40 of 50 (25 Views)
Reply
0 Likes