zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

None

Any reason why? XD

I would rather Sega make their own console and take their I.P's back and make their own 4 Player Brawler. Lol xD

i dont think they have too much anymore;p they are a dying company sadly :/ thats why they dont make their own console.

That's because they make too many bad choices and not making a console is one of them.  Eventually they're going down so might as well make a last stand with one more console, that's what I would do anyway.

i dont think they have a money to make a console this gen xD make a dreamcast 2 thoughSmiley Wink like they were going to. Meh if not before they go down they could sell their ips, i would assume nintendo would get sonic and sony would get yakuza (all the games have been exclusive), and why shadow? Smiley Happy

Their best bet would be to sale most of their I.P's and make a new console.  They may go into some debt, but they're already a failing compnay so it wouldn't hurt much.  That and many gamers would buy a new Sega console and if we're lucky we might get rid of Microsoft.

Message 21 of 50 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42170 posts

Re: so...you guys want

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
Their best bet would be to sale most of their I.P's and make a new console.  They may go into some debt, but they're already a failing compnay so it wouldn't hurt much.  That and many gamers would buy a new Sega console and if we're lucky we might get rid of Microsoft.

I think even selling off some IPs, they wouldn't have the money to get a new console out (weighing the worth of some of these IPs today) and with the way they handled the Saturn + the transition to DC, I think they'd struggle to get some backing.  They've recently shrunk down to mostly focus on a few IPs (people think Bayonetta 2 being on the PS3/360 is a victim of this shrinkage) + digital titles (all the rereleases they've been doing) so if they sold off some of their treasure of IPs (Golden Axe, Sonic, Shenmue, Yakuza, Space Channel, Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, etc., take your pick of what would put them in a better situation), it'd put them in a worse position cause they'd be entering the console market again minus some of those big hitters to revive cause they just sold some off (and even then, they'd have to be quality installments to get people back on board) and they'd be going up against a well entrenched Sony & Microsoft now, not just Nintendo.

Best worst case scenario is they scrap enough together to make a new handheld (this would hurt Sony the most in JP losing VC, Yakuza, Hatsune Miku and PSP) but then that just mucks up the handheld market more, just like the current console market is.

EDIT: Buggy forum.  Randomly deleted parts of my post Smiley Indifferent  I also see 'f-u-n-d-s' is bleeped out and messes with my post Smiley Indifferent

Message 22 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Sell sonic, and they will have more than enough money lol
Message 23 of 50 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I think even selling off some IPs, they wouldn't have the money to get a new console out (weighing the worth of some of these IPs today) and with the way they handled the Saturn + the transition to DC, I think they'd struggle to get some backing.  They've recently shrunk down to mostly focus on a few IPs (people think Bayonetta 2 being on the PS3/360 is a victim of this shrinkage) + digital titles (all the rereleases they've been doing) so if they sold off some of their treasure of IPs (Golden Axe, Sonic, Shenmue, Yakuza, Space Channel, Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, etc., take your pick of what would put them in a better situation), it'd put them in a worse position cause they'd be entering the console market again minus some of those big hitters to revive cause they just sold some off (and even then, they'd have to be quality installments to get people back on board) and they'd be going up against a well entrenched Sony & Microsoft now, not just Nintendo.

Best worst case scenario is they scrap enough together to make a new handheld (this would hurt Sony the most in JP losing VC, Yakuza, Hatsune Miku and PSP) but then that just mucks up the handheld market more, just like the current console market is.

EDIT: Buggy forum.  Randomly deleted parts of my post Smiley Indifferent  I also see 'f-u-n-d-s' is bleeped out and messes with my post Smiley Indifferent

If it were up to me I would sale off the franchises that made the most money from selling and rebuild new franchises.  Then I would pay to have a prototype console made and then show that off for a year and hope a company will help fund it or dev teams will get behind it and make games for it.

Message 24 of 50 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:
Sonic Characters aren't tied PlayStation at all they are tied to Nintendo.

they are tied to both. there have been a lot of playstation exclusive games if im not mistaken, same with nintendo exclusiveSmiley Happy

Uh no 

Sonic has been successful only on Sega Platforms and Nintendo Platforms. 

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Sonic Advance 

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Battle

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventures

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood

Sonic Colors

Sonic Unleashed on Wii sold more than PS360 copy

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racings and Tennis Superstar sold more on Wii than PS360

Shadow the Hedgehog on GameCube sold more than others versions

Mario & Sonic 

Main Mario Characters with Main Sonic Characters. 

Where have Sony partner up with Sega or promoted a Sonic game. 

Nintendo allowed Sega to published Nintendo Wii in Europe along with Mario & Sonic London Games 2012.

^ sony has obviously partnered up with sega for yakuza. I thought playstation had quite a few sonic games that sold decently, i could be wrong like i said but still. Sonic the hedgehog was exclusive to ps3 and 360;o, was sonic generations on the wii? I know they were sold out at target/gamestop for a while for the ps3 version. There was that sega collection game too, i believe that wasnt on a nintendo system?

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 25 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

None

Any reason why? XD

I would rather Sega make their own console and take their I.P's back and make their own 4 Player Brawler. Lol xD

i dont think they have too much anymore;p they are a dying company sadly :/ thats why they dont make their own console.

That's because they make too many bad choices and not making a console is one of them.  Eventually they're going down so might as well make a last stand with one more console, that's what I would do anyway.

i dont think they have a money to make a console this gen xD make a dreamcast 2 thoughSmiley Wink like they were going to. Meh if not before they go down they could sell their ips, i would assume nintendo would get sonic and sony would get yakuza (all the games have been exclusive), and why shadow? Smiley Happy

eh i think microsoft may already go back to PC soon, only because their new x box is going to be the last one to hit shelves it seems and all that.

Message 26 of 50 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

sell jet set radio, yakuza, valkryia (another game sony obviously partnered with sega for) to ps3 and phantasy star to microsoft i guess (its pretty big for x box). Id love to see what any company could do with a new jet set game (rerelease on PSN <3)

Message 27 of 50 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If it were up to me I would sale off the franchises that made the most money from selling and rebuild new franchises.  Then I would pay to have a prototype console made and then show that off for a year and hope a company will help fund it or dev teams will get behind it and make games for it.

im telling you, make the dreamcast 2, they already started on it.

Message 28 of 50 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42170 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I think the way the market is right now, SEGA would be eaten alive trying to re-enter.  We're transitioning into a new gen and we know Nintendo is going after titles to help improve their 'hardcore' image (Bayonetta 2 being exclusive despite the first title being on PS3/360, snapping up Monster Hunter for now, etc.) and I expect MS to go back to their usual 3rd party exclusives buying come their next console getting out to also establish some footing.  Sony may be able to do the same in that regard or they may entirely just rely on their 1st/2nd party relationships (existing and new IPs) w/ minimal 3rd party help (still getting multiplatform titles obviously).  You throw SEGA into the mix and if they've sold off some of those IPs and had to shop around for support to begin with, they're not going to have much at all to help them against the others if they're being trumped with the exclusives.

Message 29 of 50 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I would want shadow in the game. But If sonic was in psabr they would have to change his moveset due to the combo system.

Message 30 of 50 (34 Views)
0 Likes