Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Re: so...you guys want

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
Shopping around may be a little hard, but like you said they can pick up 3rd Party games and snag some exclusive stuff like what M$ is doing.  Then once they're in a stable position then you can start spitting out more exclusives like Sony.  The market is definitely hard to get into, but look at the PS1.  That system was expected to fail, Sony proved if you play your cards right it can be done.

I think SEGA would have to watch the market and strike just at the right time.  Nintendo backed out of their deal with Sony and created their worst enemy at the time, SEGA was just making dumb decisions from what I understand and both Nintendo & SEGA had kind of screwed over/had poor relationships with 3rd parties at the time so Sony coming to the table when they did was just a golden moment.  MS had a rougher entry but they took advantage of getting that 1 year head start the 2nd time aorund and getting 3rd parties on board (along with their online and Sony's own screw ups).

SEGA would have to watch like a hawk to play their hand and get another solid footing or they'll crash and burn again and might burn themselves out of the industry for good.  Personally, I don't think I could take seeing a 4th console.  Everything is **bleep** near multiplatform anyways so what does adding 1 more platform with a handful of exclusives add to that?  Just another hand trying to poach titles in the market and fragment series more if they're doing so.  It's kind of bad enough as it is (timed exclusives, timed DLC, exclusives of a franchise from another platform just to get other fans over by inversting in another platform, etc.).

This industry Smiley Indifferent

Message 41 of 50 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If I could get one week being the head of SEGA that company would turn right around and start selling games worth buying along with a brand new console everyone has been waiting for.

in a week youve design, create, and mass produce?!?!?! MAKE THIS MAN LEADER OF THE WORLD. Turn the economy around.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 42 of 50 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
Shopping around may be a little hard, but like you said they can pick up 3rd Party games and snag some exclusive stuff like what M$ is doing.  Then once they're in a stable position then you can start spitting out more exclusives like Sony.  The market is definitely hard to get into, but look at the PS1.  That system was expected to fail, Sony proved if you play your cards right it can be done.

I think SEGA would have to watch the market and strike just at the right time.  Nintendo backed out of their deal with Sony and created their worst enemy at the time, SEGA was just making dumb decisions from what I understand and both Nintendo & SEGA had kind of screwed over/had poor relationships with 3rd parties at the time so Sony coming to the table when they did was just a golden moment.  MS had a rougher entry but they took advantage of getting that 1 year head start the 2nd time aorund and getting 3rd parties on board (along with their online and Sony's own screw ups).

SEGA would have to watch like a hawk to play their hand and get another solid footing or they'll crash and burn again and might burn themselves out of the industry for good.  Personally, I don't think I could take seeing a 4th console.  Everything is **bleep** near multiplatform anyways so what does adding 1 more platform with a handful of exclusives add to that?  Just another hand trying to poach titles in the market and fragment series more if they're doing so.  It's kind of bad enough as it is (timed exclusives, timed DLC, exclusives of a franchise from another platform just to get other fans over by inversting in another platform, etc.).

If there ever was a time to join the market that time would be now with Microsoft being valnurable and Nintendo having a be launch with the Wii U.  Ultimately SEGA would be a Wild Card but they would definitely have better footing than Nintendo and Microsoft.

Message 43 of 50 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If I could get one week being the head of SEGA that company would turn right around and start selling games worth buying along with a brand new console everyone has been waiting for.

why on earth would sega start a console that they guarantee wouldn't sell, it didn't work before so they learned from  there mistakes and just stuck to games, and djking1994 there are more than sonic games from sega that you are trying to show more loyalty to nintendo for, althogh for the most part I agree they have become more nintendo oriented. 

I would like to see shadow in all stars if any sonic character could get in,he has always felt more mature than other characters and he would fit well with the sony brand if you nask me, but just my opinions

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 44 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If there ever was a time to join the market that time would be now with Microsoft being valnurable and Nintendo having a be launch with the Wii U.  Ultimately SEGA would be a Wild Card but they would definitely have better footing than Nintendo and Microsoft.

i think this is why valve is jumping in and taking a chance, i mean now we have Origin and U-play joining the PC market :/

Message 45 of 50 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I've always thought of making a thread like that.  If you could run _____, what would you set out to do?  If I could be put in charge of SCE, I'd green light quite a few older IPs for Vita/PSN (PS3), allow some of the current teams to do new IPs if they're working on sequels, and go talk to a bunch of 3rd parties about reviving some of their older IPs as well and seeing what some of their teams have in the way of new IPs that SCE could back (publish/market/fund) while maybe signing co-publishing deals for a few other IPs out there that I think deserve another chance.  Would probably also make some headway in expanding 1st party localizations to handle that for a lot of the [3rd party] Japanese titles still coming out so we could get them here in NA/EU (PSN for Vita/PSP).

Granted, I'll be chewed out afterwards by Sony head offices for spending so much but eh Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 50 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 15, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

in a week youve design, create, and mass produce?!?!?! MAKE THIS MAN LEADER OF THE WORLD. Turn the economy around.

Make and Design yes.  Mass Produce, I only wish.  I already have a business set-up in mind if I were to ever release a console.

Message 47 of 50 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Sep 15, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:
i think this is why valve is jumping in and taking a chance, i mean now we have Origin and U-play joining the PC market :/

That's mostly publishers trying to open a new revenue stream (another avenue from DLC).  They've seen how succesful Valve has been as a publisher and having their own network/setup in Steam and are trying to do the same.  I figure it'll get real ugly eventually with publishers trying lock their big titles to their own networks and fragment the PC market cause they don't want Valve to have all the chips.

Message 48 of 50 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

That's mostly publishers trying to open a new revenue stream (another avenue from DLC).  They've seen how succesful Valve has been as a publisher and having their own network/setup in Steam and are trying to do the same.  I figure it'll get real ugly eventually with publishers trying lock their big titles to their own networks and fragment the PC market cause they don't want Valve to have all the chips.

yeah :/ thats what im worried about, itll start destroying the PC market, steam is fine how it is, dont steal from it xD

Message 49 of 50 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
502 posts

Sep 16, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:
Sonic Characters aren't tied PlayStation at all they are tied to Nintendo.

they are tied to both. there have been a lot of playstation exclusive games if im not mistaken, same with nintendo exclusiveSmiley Happy

Uh no 

Sonic has been successful only on Sega Platforms and Nintendo Platforms. 

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Sonic Advance 

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Battle

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventures

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood

Sonic Colors

Sonic Unleashed on Wii sold more than PS360 copy

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racings and Tennis Superstar sold more on Wii than PS360

Shadow the Hedgehog on GameCube sold more than others versions

Mario & Sonic 

Main Mario Characters with Main Sonic Characters. 

Where have Sony partner up with Sega or promoted a Sonic game. 

Nintendo allowed Sega to published Nintendo Wii in Europe along with Mario & Sonic London Games 2012.

^ sony has obviously partnered up with sega for yakuza. I thought playstation had quite a few sonic games that sold decently, i could be wrong like i said but still. Sonic the hedgehog was exclusive to ps3 and 360;o, was sonic generations on the wii? I know they were sold out at target/gamestop for a while for the ps3 version. There was that sega collection game too, i believe that wasnt on a nintendo system?

Sonic The Hedgehog was a disaster 

Sonic Generation on 3DS 

Message 50 of 50 (25 Views)
0 Likes