Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Re: sly is winning EVERY MATCH cause of stealth!!!

Oct 27, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:
When you firing the homming attack of Kratos, your playing dumb and trying to get him when you don't even know where is he? If you get lucky then you get him, Same goes for Radec shooting the whole stage just to find him and Sweet Tooth is the same. Constants attacks just to get lucky and kill him.

No, you're aiming for areas of the stage where you can't reach with your sword. You aim for the places where it'd be obvious to hide. Otherwise it'd be easy to get hit by one of those hits. Same with Sweet Tooth and Radec. Slys are not hard to find when you're attacks have such a large area of effect and there are only a few hiding places.

But Slys can still dodge and you don''t even if you notice if he was there because you didn't hit him. You cannot tell if you did attack and the attack was dodge or there was nothing on the corner. Bigger maps are going to make this issue more noticable.

There are very clear and obvious graphical signs to show if a Sly dodged. His evade has green smoke, and his jumps have clearly visible dust to show where he is. 

I have glasses and still is hard to notice.. even with his green smoke, black smoke when he jumps it's really hard to see him. With a bigger map it's going to be even harder to notice. It's impossible to be concentrated on a little green smoke jumping and the other characters trying to evade you. You would just go for the visible character since they are easier and Sly wouldn't die once and that's is really annoying. My cousins also agree with me on this issue. They have a very low quality TV so imagine how hard it is.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 51 of 73 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Oct 27, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

I'll help you out since you seem to be having such a hard time understanding. I'm Radec and I'm about to pop a level three so I look to see where everyone is, including Sly. I use it and Sly has gone invisible, but I looked to see where he was before-hand! Now with easy prediction skills I can pretty accurately trace where he should have went, given it is most likely the same path he would take if he WAS visible. After I get him, I get the others, and get him again on respawn.

This works just as well for Kratos and Sweet Tooth, but Kratos is also given a handy tool that will tell you where Sly is. An invisible Sly will usually run the same path a visible opponent would, but sit still once he has gotten far.

It is really not that difficult, it just takes a little extra effort that it seems like you refuse to put in. You don't "deserve" to win anything if you aren't going to put in the effort for it.

That happens on first but what if the Sly predicts what your predicting and he just stays still like none visible character would do. What if he gets far but decides to go close and the farther again. You see my point here? So your telling me that Kratos is the only lucky enough to be able to kill SLY? You can't even expect where is he, he could even just be RIGHT NEXT TO you and your trying to get him on the corners of the map. It is really hard man, and even if you get him, it took you the double or triple that a visible character would have taken, that makes him triple better than a visible character while a lvl 3 is on which makes way out of league.

Message 52 of 73 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:
But they can dodge attack while they are invisible you know.

No they can't. They can't dodge roll. They can go invisible and hide in a corner. Use your brain, shoot the corners.

Message 53 of 73 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I'm just gonna say...that I'm a Sly player and Radecs seem to have little difficulty finding me on their level 3s. Whenever I first started playing the beta, when it launched for Playstation Plus, I was super new to it...and I tried a sort of camping style where I would run and hide in hard to hit places on the map. This specifically was valuable on the Hades level. However...I soon realized that there were certain good players out there that judged and predicted the battle field and line of movement accordingly. I wasn't able to just stay still and hide. I had to adapt and do all the same frantic running every other player was doing, lol. Only difference was that I was invisible. An even trade off for having fewer moves and no blocking capabilities. Radec is actually the character that gives me the most trouble in a way. Not for being difficult....but the general Radec strategy is to stay away from every body else...gain some distance and use his range to his advantage. I don't have a problem with that. It just causes problems because it drastically decreases the amount of time that there are crowds of melee fighting. I generally like to group other players together to net my kills. Lol. So sometimes Radec can ever so slightly decrease my score.  I very rarely wait to get to Sly's Level 3.

Photobucket
Message 54 of 73 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

I can get Sly with my lvl 3, but it takes more time than the visible characters. That's the thing here, is not getting him, but the time it needs to be taken to get him. We all get Sly last if at first we don't find him right, that means he spawns last which means he always gets less death at every game. Killing Sly with a lvl 3 should take as long as any other visible characters. That's the question here? Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 73 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I pretty much always die once or twice during every lvl3 regardless of how much I use invis. It's really not that effective against competent opponents.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 56 of 73 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:
When you firing the homming attack of Kratos, your playing dumb and trying to get him when you don't even know where is he? If you get lucky then you get him, Same goes for Radec shooting the whole stage just to find him and Sweet Tooth is the same. Constants attacks just to get lucky and kill him.

No, you're aiming for areas of the stage where you can't reach with your sword. You aim for the places where it'd be obvious to hide. Otherwise it'd be easy to get hit by one of those hits. Same with Sweet Tooth and Radec. Slys are not hard to find when you're attacks have such a large area of effect and there are only a few hiding places.

But Slys can still dodge and you don''t even if you notice if he was there because you didn't hit him. You cannot tell if you did attack and the attack was dodge or there was nothing on the corner. Bigger maps are going to make this issue more noticable.

There are very clear and obvious graphical signs to show if a Sly dodged. His evade has green smoke, and his jumps have clearly visible dust to show where he is. 

I have glasses and still is hard to notice.. even with his green smoke, black smoke when he jumps it's really hard to see him. With a bigger map it's going to be even harder to notice. It's impossible to be concentrated on a little green smoke jumping and the other characters trying to evade you. You would just go for the visible character since they are easier and Sly wouldn't die once and that's is really annoying. My cousins also agree with me on this issue. They have a very low quality TV so imagine how hard it is.

I see them clearly. Get checked for glasses, maybe?

Message 57 of 73 (51 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:

I can get Sly with my lvl 3, but it takes more time than the visible characters. That's the thing here, is not getting him, but the time it needs to be taken to get him. We all get Sly last if at first we don't find him right, that means he spawns last which means he always gets less death at every game. Killing Sly with a lvl 3 should take as long as any other visible characters. That's the question here? Smiley Wink

But it shouldn't. Sly deserves to be more difficult to catch.

Message 58 of 73 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Oct 27, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

But it shouldn't. Sly deserves to be more difficult to catch.

YOU AGREE ON THAT? It's like saying camping on cod is great for the game! It doesn't deserve to be harder to catch as it already makes it really unfair. 

Theox- it is really hard to notice him ok?

Compentents? Is still the hardest to catch and is unfair.

Message 59 of 73 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

I hate how people are beginning to spam that electric roll while invisible, just like they did back in the summer beta, for easy AP. I thought SuperBot would have fixed it by now.

There are some people on this forum (you know who you are) who literally use ONLY Sly's electric roll and then just do Level 1's.

Message 60 of 73 (39 Views)
0 Likes