Splicer
89 posts

Re: sir dan needs some fixing, post if you have some issues with sir dan as well

Nov 22, 2012

Myztyrio wrote:

DoctorBLAZE11 wrote:
I've been having trouble landing his level one, can your aim that thing?

His level 1 is meant to be anti-air. It makes up for his devestating level 2

his level 2 is **bleep** trash man

Message 11 of 14 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: sir dan needs some fixing, post if you have some issues with sir dan as well

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

I have played a great deal win Dan and I think he is a really solid character, with a few easily fixable flaws. I tend to abuse the hell out of the AXE and especially the air version since it comes out fast and hits on the way back so sometimes i purpously misses by shooting over an enemy and land in front of him and attack. If he catches me in a combo my axe will strike him from behind and I get a free combo instead. The FIRE does not need any stun, dear no. Just put some fire on the ground and grab the opponent so you get a ton of AP. Outside of that, just stay away from the opponent and use the AXE and the DEAD HAND and throw in som CHICKEN WINGS for good measure. He is a really good character.

On the other hand, most of his supers need some serious buffing. His LV 1 is fine I think. It is rather hard to hit with but if you do a light jump and do FORWARD SQUARE and then you can hit him with it while in hitstun. I do not know if it works against SACKBOY though (because of his lenght).

His LV 2 would really be a little better in my opinion but it is fairly descent. It is his best super if you find his LV1 unsatisfactory. However sometimes the homing missile souls sometimes do not appear, and they tend to miss sometimes so it is quite likely that you get 0 kills with it.

His LV3 is the worst super in the game. Worse than the instant KO Supers. I am not even joking.
It may work if you use it 1v1 because you can get 2 kills out of it, but in 4 Player FFA It is way to common to only get 2-3 kills with it. The Problem is that if all players go in different directions, I have to pick one to chase, and when I get him I have to get the other ones who may be on the other side on the screen and can escape further. When the KO:ed guy respawns I have to almost take him out instantly because his Super is way to short that it ends before it kills him. Just increase the time DAN´`S SUPER is active, or just make it a much bigger bubble. OR let it drain AP at the same time OR lower the time before they die within the bubble. My max kill with it has been 4 and I have used it a lot. I am a 300 rank Dan after all, but yes, mostly I rely on my LV2 which mostly gives me 2 kills and I just have to be happy with it. Fix his supers, and his LV3 is top priority. When Radec, or Sly or Ratchet or anyone can get 5-6 kills pretty easily, why is DANSmiley Frustrated struggling to get even 3 kills with? It makes no sense. AND ALSO: Why does it take so much AP to get these supers? It is a lot of AP really. If you do not want to fix these supers, just decrease the AP need so that you do not have to fight as much for this high risk low reward supers.

Otherwise, he is a really solid character. Move wise at least.

Message 12 of 14 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Yea, I agree. Level one is fine. Level two needs to be a bit more accurate or send out a few more souls or something. And the level three needs a serious buff, it either needs to last longer, have a bigger radius, or take less time in the circle to kill someone. Hours regular moves are awesome tho
Message 13 of 14 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Level one definitely needs some work, as does level two. His Level 3 is pathetic, but most characters usually have something to make up for a bad Level 3; while he gains meter, he can barely use it right.

His Level 2 is okay but it definitely isn't enough.

He, along with Jak and Big Daddy, are probably some of the hardest to play.

Message 14 of 14 (37 Views)
0 Likes