Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 08 2012
By: aferretsfury Monster Hunter 42 posts

sack boy nerf, OP item

7 replies 378 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

Sackboy has been nerfed due to his cake jam spam and low super AP requirements,to do this superbots solution was to reduce the amount of ap the cake and jam gives you and also increase the amount of AP you need to get your supers.

TBH i dont think this will solve anything, might even make the spamming worse. as people will now need to fire twice the cakes they needed before.

Also instead of thinking on stopping the spamming they should have focused on why they spam?

as a sackboy player (2nd pick after drake) i would tell you this from what i have learned...

Sackboy is pretty hopeless in melee especially against fast fighters like Kratos and Raiden,

heres a scenario kratos is on one side of the map and sackboy is in the other, sackboy has a very limited option in what he can do,

- he can (place fan) spam cake. holding kratos back
- he can (place fan) throw jam. " "

he could also try these whilst placing the electric panel but kratos can get past that and destroy it with his >S if hes lucky this can electricute kratos enough time for sackboy to pull off a qucik combo or use his first super (if hes quick enough)

thats pretty much it,

he could try jetback (corskrew) towards him to try his combo >T S S ^S >T O but kratos intercepts with all his moves especially his prized >S attack or even his basic S

he could dodge upto him which if hes lucky will get him close enought to do his S S VS attack (one i find most useful/easier to do in tricky situations

now as you can see the most simple and most reliable strategy is to stand back and use his cake or jam attack to get his valuable AP, instead of nerfing him he should have gotten an overriding attack (by that i mean one that negates some of the other characters attack) drake has his barrel, kratos has his >S or >T? sackboy at best has his fan that pushes some attacks back and his VS attack can sometimes bounce projectiles back.

So Buff his >T to be his overriding attack that can get through some moves i would then see people using him aggressively.

People would end up spamming the attack but atleast characters can easily counter it or what have you

Its weird how sackboy is getting so much stick though,

Kratos is so OP its rediculous, me and my friend just automatically count a kratos win invalid :smileytongue:
Raidens a bit fast
and redec spams his rifle
TORO spams his fish slide thingy
Drake spams his barrel
Ratchet spams his FLail
Jak spams his rifle
big daddy spams his VT
etc etc etc

thinking about it sackboys cake could have a time before it disappears instead of being on the map forever, the jams **bleep** anyways because he takes a long time before hitting it leaving him completely open

they all have there go to move so why does sackboy get the nerf for spamming but being insanely weak in melee with his terrible reach and weak hitting attacks?

i cant help but thing ssm made kratos so good because hes their game, the new items from god of war and its the only one that gives you a kill =/ why?

surely they could just make it give you ap or deplete theres since it makes rgem wide open to supers anyways. SSM making anything belonging to them OP sounds silly but it is bleeping suspicous.

Anyways thats my little rant whats all your opinion?

who do you like? why?
who do you hate? why?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Re: sack boy nerf, OP item

Dec 8, 2012
you make a lot of valid points, but i have had my **bleep** kicked by sackboys using primarily jetpack and bounce pad, the spamming is a bit much, and the level 3 is ridiculous, i've been killed 3 times from one level 3 before, in a stock match, it makes the game less fun when we constantly have to avoid nonstop cakes and jelly rolls, and his fan sends back most projectiles so i see where superbot needs to nerf sackboy, but from what i hear, they're supposed to do the same to kratos, like i said, you make points but there are also flaws in your logic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 8, 2012

fair play, maybe i just havnt mastered him yet.

I am primarily a drake player anyways, so i know the whole cake jam spam is annoying, more i dont think reducing the AP it gives will make any real difference and that they could have done it better. would be nice seeing kratos getting some treatment. I breezed past legendary difficulty and can win far to easily win with kratos online (and i barely know his move set) hes just boring to fight and play with haha

but you make good counter points.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2535 posts

Dec 8, 2012

I'm not sure which version of the game I have, but I did get an update when I bought the game a few days ago. And I haven't found Sackboy to be OP. I win games with my level three when everyone leaves me alone, but as soon as people get in my face, I get screwed. A lot of times, I have to settle for my level 2 because I won't make it to my level 3 in time. I have also faced a few Sackboys online with my Sly and I have never seen them reach level 3. I'm guessing I either have the patch or I'm not understanding the claims against Sackboy.

And I don't think Kratos is OP, he's just easy to play. The downside is that he is predictable and easy to evade/counter if you are patient and not button mashing.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (301 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Dec 8, 2012
i seriously SUCK as kratos lol i use too many buttons, i main drake and sir dan, maybe we could play some 2v2 sometime, that'd be fun
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Dec 8, 2012
and trashcrap, every sackboy i run into gets his lvl 3, matchmaking stock game, you have 3 lives, i've lost them all from one lvl 3 and kratos being op isn't about his moves or anything, its the fact that his sideways square move homes in on enemies, his attacks are fast, have range, and he gains ap like a crack head on steroids, so yeah, he is op, i've seen players pull out 2 lvl 3s in one match
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 8, 2012

would be up for a wee 2v2 Bowt! haha whenever superbot fix the **bleep** patch so that the game doesnt constantly crash when i pick drake

I play as Drake or sackboy, but my flatmate plays as Sir Dan and hes pretty good with him. Kinda want to get good with another character. thinking Spike, Fat Princess or Big Daddy

playing as kratos i find >S,^S,S,^O seems to do the trick rince and repeat, Zzz

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Dec 8, 2012
i'm working on getting good with fat princess, she's actually amazing and i've found she has a chance of dodging out of combos
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (270 Views)
0 Likes