Jul 23 2012
By: sovietprince I Only Post Everything 1197 posts

riveary and what that says about the final roster count

12 replies 328 views Edited Jul 23, 2012

well depending on if riveries are one way or not ( toro rival is tekken guy, but the tekken guy rival is scorpion) or if they go both ways( toro and the tekken guy being each other rivals). If it's the latter then the roster will have to be even or this system will not work and with the slip of the toungue at the booth saying it will be around 25 that prob means 24 or 26 characters.

Honestly I hope it's a one way that way it would not limit the roster to be even, because what if they wanted to add let say sora to the game, they would not be able to do that unless they added another character to be his rival.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 13 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: riveary and what that says about the final roster count

Jul 23, 2012
I agree with what you say about adding characters, but I disagree with the one way rivalries. Rivals are supposed to be rivals, paired up with each other. Not the rival of a rival of a rival, etc.
Message 2 of 13 (315 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 23, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:
I agree with what you say about adding characters, but I disagree with the one way rivalries. Rivals are supposed to be rivals, paired up with each other. Not the rival of a rival of a rival, etc.

Yea I dont see it happening any other way.

Message 3 of 13 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Yeah, they're being paired up.
Message 4 of 13 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Now Knowing that there are rival characters and every Character has ONE Rival. We can maybe guess on the characters already announced to see who they might be rivals with. IE Jak and Daxter HAVE TO BE RIVALS w/ Ratchet and Clank, i mean its gotta happen..
Message 5 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Maybe the DLC will be "Rival Packs"

in wich you get 2 new chars

Message 6 of 13 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 23, 2012

^^^ Could happen, I think that'd be the easiest way for them to do it. Or the DLC characters don't have rivals at all, which I hope won't happen. It probably won't.

Message 7 of 13 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jul 24, 2012
Im sure they would rather add two characters than miss out on one they really wanted
Message 8 of 13 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: Rivalries, and what that says about the final roster count

Jul 27, 2012

I don't know. I keep seeing how Drake and Sweet Tooth should be rivals because of Drake's fear of clowns (hilarious, by the way!). The problem is, despite it making sense from Drake's point of view, the same can't be said for Sweet Tooth. I would think that another character would better serve to draw Sweet Tooth's hatred than just a guy who happens to be afraid of him. That's the key: Playing from the point of view of each character, what other character would elicit that certain reaction from them? That's how I would like to see it handled. While some rivalries would make sense being two ways (just based on similarities), others wouldn't so much in my opinion.

Message 9 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Rivalries, and what that says about the final roster count

Jul 27, 2012

BDurk15 wrote:

I don't know. I keep seeing how Drake and Sweet Tooth should be rivals because of Drake's fear of clowns (hilarious, by the way!). The problem is, despite it making sense from Drake's point of view, the same can't be said for Sweet Tooth. I would think that another character would better serve to draw Sweet Tooth's hatred than just a guy who happens to be afraid of him. That's the key: Playing from the point of view of each character, what other character would elicit that certain reaction from them? That's how I would like to see it handled. While some rivalries would make sense being two ways (just based on similarities), others wouldn't so much in my opinion.

Sweet Tooth is an insane serial killer... he doesnt really need a reason to go after Drake lol

Message 10 of 13 (93 Views)
0 Likes