Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 04 2012
By: sovietprince I Only Post Everything 1197 posts

reasions ppl believe this game failed short

78 replies 964 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

After so many post telling me to be satisfied with what we got and not be dissapointed I decided on just writing an article to explain why me and some fans are disapointed with this game and how it's handled. This is not saying we won't enjoy the game because we probaly will but saying that we just think it fell short of being a must have game that it was looking to be to just being a decent game.

roster
Many will arguee but this game is about the roster before it is anything else.  The appeal to this game is that it let's people play as characters from the playstation libary. When people look at this game they think about playing as so and so and not wow this game you can kill with supers, or wow 4 players can fight on one playable field at once the gameplay is nice to have but it's the reconigable faces that will move copy's.  20 chracters is low for this day and age ppl mention skull girls, blazeblue and others as having low amount of characters to justify only being 20 but then fail to realize that those games appeal does not rely as heavly on the roster as battle royale does( also one is a downloadable title and really should not even compare to a full fledged realease).  I also do believe people would have got pasted 20 characters if more of the characters they demanded where included. The 4 most demanded where crash, cloud, snake, and spyro and they did not even manage to get one instead we get raiden a sidekick ( I love raiden to death but snake is the more iconic), big daddy( my fave character of all time and I love that he is in but I am not going to be biased and I do know he was not asked for), Heiachi( never even seen his named mentioned before he was announced)  and new dante(which again I like but old made more sense). I know the characters cost money but sometimes you got to spend some to get some, you have to be willing to lay some of your cards on the table because if your playing caustious you going to be stuck hitting singles instead of the home run that sony is wanting to have with this game. They also seemed to be liking creativty when making some characters level 3 I mean why does ratchet, sly, and radek have to have the same super?

Where are all the surpises superbot talked about that are still left i just don't see it? Everyone expected the final boss to be polygon man, the minions fell lower then expectations when it was announced there just cheerleaders and added nothing to the game. I mean belts still need to be explained but I clasyify that as a intresting addion and not really a surprise. Another thing what happened to the beta leak not representing the final product I don't see anything they teased that was not in the beta leak unless they meant some of it was scrapped. It just seems there falsly hyping us if there to be believed that this is the final on disk roster.  I mean who gave the info to amazon for 20+ characters it had to be either sony or superbot and I am sure they read it carefully before sending it to them to publish. Many will argue that it counts dlc and minions but that utter bull what other games counts dlc and non-playable character none you know why because it's a Jack fill-in-the-blank-move to decieve the fans. Also another food for thought why reveal all your characters 3 months before realease?

What I hope is people will actually read these points instead of blindly bashing this but I am sure it wont happen. I am getting the game but I think the fans need to realize this could have been handled better and this is coming from the guy who is almost 24/7 psas lol.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 79 (964 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13312 posts

Re: reasions ppl believe this game failed short

Nov 4, 2012

I completely see your points, but you look at the game as JUST a place to play as PS characters. It has that element, sure, but it is not the basis of the game. That is delegated to the gameplay which is solid. Also, the people saying those other games have a few characters and are still great have a point. 1v1 games and 4-player games are no different here. If the game is fun, people will play and adore it. If the game has numerous characters, people will love the fanservice, but gameplay must support this. 

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 2 of 79 (961 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 4, 2012
the roster is what will sell the game, the gameplay is good but it wont carry this game to the promise land like sony want's it 2. The gameplay regardless what people say is a lot like smash there are differences and defiantly not a clone but I see people saying why play this when they can just play smash even though it has it's differences.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 79 (955 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13312 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Roster will be its camel. The gameplay is the endurance of said camel. You can always walk

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 4 of 79 (952 Views)
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 4, 2012
As for the roster and gameplay thing, you need both to be a successful game. You can't have one. Amazing roster but horrible game mechanics and the game will fail horribly. Same if the roster is much much worse but amazing gamplay. It won't do very well but the gameplay might create a cult following for a sequel that would never happen with it's sales. As of now, the roster is solid. It's not the best, but it's good enough to get attention. It surely has, positive and negative.

Games with smaller roster size put more attention to gameplay (character moveset along with that) Skullgirls was praised for that, as well as overall look of the game. Of course, PSAS is roster and gameplay. It shouldn't be compared with other than how it plays. It is a fighting game after all and it shouldn't fall behind in quality when compared to other fighting games that aren't about roster.

If there are surprises that SB said there are, why would they want to spoil it? As someone who is already satisfied with what the game already has to offer, any other extras are great but I won't expect too much. The only surprises I think they're mentioning is the boss, cutscenes (we really don't know what will go on, especially for boss encounter or after boss) and dlc announcements.
Message 5 of 79 (902 Views)
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 4, 2012

sovietprince wrote:
the roster is what will sell the game, the gameplay is good but it wont carry this game to the promise land like sony want's it 2. The gameplay regardless what people say is a lot like smash there are differences and defiantly not a clone but I see people saying why play this when they can just play smash even though it has it's differences.

The Roster & gameplay for this one is what will sell the game but it also has alot more going for it than smash does, such as:1080P HD quality,amazing intertwining levels,20 starter characters with their own cutt scenes, rivals,minions, & alternative costumes, more combos & Supers,Cross-play & cross save etc. Plus there will be dlc characters, & plenty of easter eggs. For it being the first brawler game for sony's brand (and some 3rd party), id say Supbot & Bluepoint done more than enough and will continue to do so because they are fans just like us.You can play both games, you dont have to stick to one.For instance,though both Gta & Saints Row are open world games and alike in many ways, I like to play both because they offer something a little different.

The next smash bros game will surely be rally good aswell even though they are actually crossing most of brawls roster off the list which isnt looking so good for those smash fans complaining about the roster size.Yet and still I have played with almost every character in ps allstars and they all feel & play tottaly different which is hard to do in most fighting games.Everytime you play through the story mode will feel like its a brand new game, almost like your in a side scroller playing with your favorite playstation characters.Crash and the others will come soon enough because us just talking on these forums is letting them know how we feel about certain characters.Superbots see's that & the devs will see that.I know If I owned a game that was on ps1,ps2 or ps3 systems I wolud want my character in the game because its a cool game that you can finally play as most of playstations history minus our buddies.

Message 6 of 79 (888 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Nov 4, 2012
The 3rd party characters are not sb choice konami and capcom wanted to suport their new games so raiden and new date are in tekken is big on playstation and heihache has bin in every tekken game and was the main villain of the series so way not put him in and big daddy was added because 2k is building an bond whit Sony
Message 7 of 79 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Its kinda sad how people see what we dont have instead of what we have.

I mean, look the roster: Sackboy, Kratos, Drake, Cole, Spike, Sir Daniel... lots of cool characters but they just focus on irrelevant hings. =/

Message 8 of 79 (867 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 4, 2012
The game hasnt fallen short, its not even out yet.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 9 of 79 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

*sigh*.... I know for a fact if this game had 10 characters and Crash, Spyro, Cloud and Snake were in everybody would be happy... I won't! The dissapointed winers are just to much in there: ''OMG I need Crash or I'll kill myself'' world...

Just wait for the ducking game, idiot... And nobody is forcing you to stay on this forum or buy the game... 

stawp.JPG

With these stupid threads.... They get boring and annoying...

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 10 of 79 (843 Views)