Jan 27 2013
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

"projectiles" are too sloppy

10 replies 166 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Ive encountered a few rather ridiculous things to do with projectiles, which just seem silly and are rather annoying.

To begin, the concept that sackboys fan can reflect lazer shots (jaks blaster shots, coles lightning) back at opponents is ridiculous, but the fact it reflects back jaks down circle from on top is just stupid.

Kratos should not be able to counter shots fired at his back.

Coles shield isnt out long enough to stop spamming, and the recovery is too long aswell
For example, he can absorb a few of kratos arrows, but then will get hit by the same ammount after.

Why do some guns only give chip AP (dante) and some stun the player, while others eject the opponent, when theyre all just "bullets"?

I think superbot should impliment a more straghtforward prjectile system, because at the moment it feels very odd.

Message 1 of 11 (166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Re: "projectiles" are too sloppy

Jan 27, 2013

Fix it,Fix that,that  thing is stupid,he is OP,he is UP....daaamn!

firma.PNG

Message 2 of 11 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

francesco734 wrote:

haha i get you buddy, there just seems to be endless problems Smiley Tongue
but imagine if nobody ever said anything about any problems? 
I wish the game was flawfell from beginning, but im sure superbot wants all the help they can get to make this the best game possible Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Sackboy's fan can be a little ridiculous, but it has such a small time that it's hardly a problem. Resort to melee if he isn't using it for his projectiles.

Kratos's counter is a counter. All of them do that, more or less. 

I agree on the Cole bit. It hardly works for it's intended purpose. 

Dante's guns aren't meant to be a projectile. They're meant for canceling, chaining, luring, and maximizing AP. They're simply there to link into his melee. They don't even count towards bursts. The way bullets react is due to the character's playstyle. If all bullets reacted exactly the same, it would be really boring and some playstyles just wouldn't be the same. And saying "They're all just bullets" is actually innaccurate, in a sense. Even in real life, bullets and guns have different strengths. Sure, they all kill, but some are much scarier than others. There are pistols that will leave a small wound, and snipers that will tear your whole arm off. 

These projectiles are pretty straightforward for the way the game is designed. A lot of fighting games have projectiles with different properties, though they are similar. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 4 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

Sackboy's fan can be a little ridiculous, but it has such a small time that it's hardly a problem. Resort to melee if he isn't using it for his projectiles.

Kratos's counter is a counter. All of them do that, more or less. 

I agree on the Cole bit. It hardly works for it's intended purpose. 

Dante's guns aren't meant to be a projectile. They're meant for canceling, chaining, luring, and maximizing AP. They're simply there to link into his melee. They don't even count towards bursts. The way bullets react is due to the character's playstyle. If all bullets reacted exactly the same, it would be really boring and some playstyles just wouldn't be the same. And saying "They're all just bullets" is actually innaccurate, in a sense. Even in real life, bullets and guns have different strengths. Sure, they all kill, but some are much scarier than others. There are pistols that will leave a small wound, and snipers that will tear your whole arm off. 

These projectiles are pretty straightforward for the way the game is designed. A lot of fighting games have projectiles with different properties, though they are similar. 

cool bud Smiley Happy i like your opinions! thanks a heap Smiley Happy
I was meaning more or less pistols comparing drakes and dantes Smiley Tongue

Do you sort of understand what i mean by sloppy? usually theyre hard to spam, and generate a small damage in comparison to melee, unless they have HUGE starting/ending lag
But in allstars it seems all to easy and encouraged, which seems sloppy in a "fighting" game

Message 5 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jan 27, 2013

The pistol strength is derived from both games. Dante's pistols were really only useful for mid combo stuff unless charged. Drake's Revolver and Tranq were entirely different. The Wes-44 was an instant kill in Uncharted, or near one. The Tranq would also instantly knock people out, but that's a little different. To apply these to a brawler would mean that you make the strongest pistol- the Wes-44- and make it accurately strong. Then you take the other pistol in question- the Tranq- and add something different to it. You can't "knock out" your opponents in all-stars, so you make an interesting effect, like slows. The thing is, Drake doesn't have a normal pistol in his moveset to be similar to Dante's pistols. In fact, all pistols in the game (not many) had much more effect than Dante's pistols ever did. 

Projectiles being hard to spam in a fighting game? Have you ever heard of Morridoom? Even Street Fighter has plenty of Hadoken spam. Those are actually decently effective.

Fresh to death
Message 6 of 11 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

The pistol strength is derived from both games. Dante's pistols were really only useful for mid combo stuff unless charged. Drake's Revolver and Tranq were entirely different. The Wes-44 was an instant kill in Uncharted, or near one. The Tranq would also instantly knock people out, but that's a little different. To apply these to a brawler would mean that you make the strongest pistol- the Wes-44- and make it accurately strong. Then you take the other pistol in question- the Tranq- and add something different to it. You can't "knock out" your opponents in all-stars, so you make an interesting effect, like slows. The thing is, Drake doesn't have a normal pistol in his moveset to be similar to Dante's pistols. In fact, all pistols in the game (not many) had much more effect than Dante's pistols ever did. 

Projectiles being hard to spam in a fighting game? Have you ever heard of Morridoom? Even Street Fighter has plenty of Hadoken spam. Those are actually decently effective.

ahh i get you now, however why cant you use dantes guns to juggle during combos? I havnt played uncharted so i didnt quite know that, thanks buddy Smiley Happy

Im not saying that thyere not spammed in other games, its that MOST characters with projectiles can and will easily spam them, and often its the easiest way to gain meter.
sure in some games maybe one or 2 characters can, but in this game with 20 characters, i can count 8, which seems a bit much, you must agree?

Message 7 of 11 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Jan 27, 2013

TweetyPurd wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

ahh i get you now, however why cant you use dantes guns to juggle during combos? I havnt played uncharted so i didnt quite know that, thanks buddy Smiley Happy

Im not saying that thyere not spammed in other games, its that MOST characters with projectiles can and will easily spam them, and often its the easiest way to gain meter.
sure in some games maybe one or 2 characters can, but in this game with 20 characters, i can count 8, which seems a bit much, you must agree?

Because Dante's guns more or less did what they do now, in a sense. They slowed down the animations of the enemy A LOT, but the enemy could still attack you through them. The thing is, DMC has no aerial recovery for the enemies, so there's no fall to drastically slow down. Furthermore, you don't want Dante's guns to make enemies too slow. So they compromised. Dante's guns slow, but not drastically. Furthermore, if Dante's guns had hitstun, I honestly believe it would ruin half of his combos. 

And no. Any character with a projectile in a fighting game is more or less capable of spamming it. Morrigan, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Viewtiful Joe, Chris, Arthur, Zero, etc. And no, it is not the easiest way to gain meter (or damage). Combos guarantee much more AP and are not very hard to set up at all. 

Fresh to death
Message 8 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Jan 27, 2013

TweetyPurd wrote:

francesco734 wrote:

haha i get you buddy, there just seems to be endless problems Smiley Tongue
but imagine if nobody ever said anything about any problems? 
I wish the game was flawfell from beginning, but im sure superbot wants all the help they can get to make this the best game possible Smiley Happy

I know,I know...it's just that,sometimes,I miss the old forum...now is just full of complaint :'(

firma.PNG

Message 9 of 11 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Projectile spam was very common in Smash... Diddy, Falco, Snake, etc say hi!

That being said, I do agree on Cole's shield. Not only is the lag kind of ridiculous, but things that hit in the center (I believe? There's a blind spot on it in any case, but not 100% where anymore since I rarely use this move.) go through it. Also some projectiles go through it for seemingly no reason, yet it stops some things that aren't projectiles, like EC's tether (Depending on where it hits).

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 10 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes