Feb 04 2013
By: shadowtaman Sackboy 439 posts

"level setups, spam, inba characters, unba characters," no wonder! Rant and reality.

7 replies 170 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Note, this is a rant and a cheers to superbot, I will miss these guys; I will miss everything, lets give superbot one last, "huzzah!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jesus christ, All i see the community doing is just complaining about EVERYTHING they've done in this game! 

Let me confirm almost eevrything about level setups, or how you guys say it, "kill confirmes" (which in literary use is wrong to say, but okay.)

In all attention, ive faced every computer with all my 1v1 mains, ive faced allll of them on 5's and in a basic setup match; to train, and i can tell you 100% that level setups are intentional in the combat system for A.I., because every cpu has a programmed level setup that they will commonly use; which tends to be super predictible.(I.E. nathan's A.I. , level 5, will use his oil drum then level 1, which is a common level 1 setup, which is picked up by new players.) I still dont know why people whine and cry because of level setups, Its what the system was MENT FOR! holy hell, if it wasnt, then why is it so easy to do so? And it does generaly take skill to do level setups, people like me, who HATE casual hipsters who like to just do whatever bandwaggon level setup everyone else does; ASK ANYONE, i go and sit for HOOOOOOOOOOURS in training room, developing combos, and level 1, and 2, setups. That takes skill to learning the character and your enviornment, **bleep** im the guy that invented the wall level 1 setup for evil cole, not much people use it, but its SOOOO good in FFA.

Spam, let me tell you about spam; Spam is a term used for when people would go and flood blogs, chat rooms, and social media, to their own extent; to gain either, self enjoyment or to temper a fellow human being. Now, in our day and era, people will use spam as a way to explain a repidible attack in fighting games; believe it or not, You can do that in Super smash brothers. GASP! ever seen a lucas get spam grabbed? i main him! Seriously, repided attacks will always be in fighting games, if you really entend to be good at this game, learn to dodge roll and evade; guard for pete's sake.

This situation for Inbalance characters and unbalanced characters is why probably no one from japan bought this game; It breaks my heart to admit it. Why complain? i main spike and probably the best 2v2 spike in the forum (and i will admit it because well **bleep**, With me and my teamate, when it comes down to barebones, We dont lose. I WILL BOAST, I'VE EARNED IT.) And ive seen tooooo much, "buff spike!" he doesnt need a buff, not one bit, This is called going through training mode and figuring out your character, Dont be a lazy **bleep**. No character is stronger than the other; In places of 1v1, thats a WHOLE different story, there are reasons why 1v1 isnt online; its so obvious that i dont need to explain it.

And last, Im sorry superbot, You are one hell of a company, you're very creative and very hard working, I wouldve shot myself already if i had to deal with this constant 24/7 complain posts on my game's forum. There is no shame for giving Playstation All-stars to sony, or Santa; however you spell it. This game will always be my home and favorite game, this forum, no matter how corrupt and biased they are, this is still my home for news, to lurk. Every company and team has to have sometime to be benched; to get off topic but relevent, somehow, im a Detriot Lions Fan, i know how it feels to loose.

This time, it isn't to Micheal, These cheers are to superbot!

To Superbot! To Superbot!

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Message 1 of 8 (170 Views)
Wastelander
827 posts

Re: "level setups, spam, inba characters, unba characters," no wonder! Rant and reality.

Feb 4, 2013
I made sure I have plenty of popcorn for the debates that will go on in here
Message 2 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: "level setups, spam, inba characters, unba characters," no wonder! Rant and reality.

Feb 5, 2013
Black and yellow, black and yellow
Message 3 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Once you said kill confirms is the wrong terminology, I instantly kudoed your post. At least someone has common sense instead of following the mass majority not knowing that that term has and was only created for Call of Duty, and is not used in any other game, nor is it terminologically used in other games...
Message 4 of 8 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Are people really still on about what Kill Confirms are called? Seriously?

You have . . . got to be kidding me.
Message 5 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Kill Confirms? I don't see any dog tags anywhere. I'm talkin' about super set-ups.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 6 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Feb 5, 2013
i agree with everything but setups, you cant generalize these, each character/setup have a different situation. IMO
Message 7 of 8 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 5, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:
Are people really still on about what Kill Confirms are called? Seriously?

You have . . . got to be kidding me.

They mad that their game has the same termonology as COD LOLOL

Anyway I can't argue much except the character balance is obviously not good at all. As a Jak player I am tired of the Kratos V Kratos V Kratos V me (jak) I can hardly do anything without being a tricky lil F*** all game, and even a bad Kratos will have a level 3 within 40 seconds of the FFA, so I dont care how much you argue otherwise the character balance is terrible. 

Unlike 90% of the people on this forum I play SF4, SFxT, UMVC, BlazBlue, P4A, KOF13, basically think of a fighting game and I own it in some form, and sure their is no such thing as perfect balance, but this game is deffinately one of the worst balanced games out there. 

Love PSAS, I'm a huge fan and continue to play despite the spam and refusal by most of the community to just stop the ragequitting and learn to block, dodge, and punish unsafe combos, but if you think their is 0 validity in what some of us are saying should change then their is a fundamental misunderstanding between the best of us and the worst of us.

Buff threads make little sense most of the time, but nerf threads are common for a reason, because characters need nerfs say what you wish it is ABSOLUTELY true.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 8 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes