I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: "Proof" the KC's are broke.

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Chill with the insults for a second, Big. I've been following this game since the very beginning, so please don't talk to me like I have no idea how this game works.

I was just asking if SuperBot has made any official comment explaining why they feel  KC's are fine in this game. There's proof for both sides of the argument and SuperBot has said nothing to stop the arguments. So until they do, how about you quit the holier-than-thou attitude?

did you really get insulted by me questioning your knowledge of the burst system? You said what proof is there that they did not want touch of death combos, which is a foolish question since you should already have seen the system in action a million times already.

anyway I am only trolling on anti k/c threads from now on because its getting rediculous now. Nothing has been done about k/c for months and you guys still think SSM or superbot somehow will just totally reformulate the game for a tiny little part of the PSAS community. Not gonna happen.

IceColdKilla44 randomly throws out a super, gets 0 kills

BIGPOPPA21089 kicks a barrel, "coming at ya" BOOM

Murders IceColdKilla44. 

Victory BIGPOPPA21089!

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 31 of 48 (178 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 18, 2013

nothing huge but, as you seem to be a supporter for kc I wanted to see how good you are and how dependent you are on kc. and in that way I can see if you are biased or not . in other words, I wanted to see if you only support it because you know that without it you won't be as good. 

I of course won't be doing any kc. but since you already said that you hate going against jak and aren't as good in 1vs1, my test will be worthless ;/

I just wanna let people know that it ain't fun when someone is only trying to kill confirm you. games have to be competitive AND fun. otherwise it's just people exploiting certain characters for the easiest kill.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 32 of 48 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 18, 2013

M-Pyre wrote:

nothing huge but, as you seem to be a supporter for kc I wanted to see how good you are and how dependent you are on kc. and in that way I can see if you are biased or not . in other words, I wanted to see if you only support it because you know that without it you won't be as good. 

I of course won't be doing any kc. but since you already said that you hate going against jak and aren't as good in 1vs1, my test will be worthless ;/

I just wanna let people know that it ain't fun when someone is only trying to kill confirm you. games have to be competitive AND fun. otherwise it's just people exploiting certain characters for the easiest kill.

Just go for it anyway, sometimes I surprise myself.

Message 33 of 48 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

It was more the "You're not good enough to avoid KC's" and "You've probably never seen an AP burst before" that kind of made you come off as insulting, but hey, maybe you just can't tell the difference.

And like I said before, I'll stop voicing my opinion on KC's once SuperBot, once and for all, addresses the issue. You can act all you want like only a "minor" number of people hate KC's; the community's pretty split about this. And there's proof to back up both sides of the argument.

Once they themselves announce that KC's are here to stay, then I'll either adapt or stop playing. Chances I'll do either just because some egomaniac on the Internet tells me to? Pretty low.

Message 34 of 48 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

"Regarding comboing into supers, our general stance is that it’s okay for lvl2 supers to be easily comboable, but that comboing into lvl1 supers should require a difficult, risky, situational, or otherwise impractical setup. That said, people have found a few combos into lvl1 supers that are slightly more reliable than we originally intended.
However, the end result seems to be okay for the most part. I wouldn’t call any character “worthless” by any means right now. You mentioned Big Daddy but that dude can definitely hold his own in 1v1 or 2v2. I’ve seen players make him look borderline overpowered in both modes, even if he has to rely on lvl2 super more often than lvl1 supers."

From Maj, http://sonichurricane.com/?p=7272
That's the most definitive I've seen on confirms so far (and the comments I was referencing earlier).

Edit: For the record, all of his comments are really insightful in that article, btw.  I kind of which he'd have commented more on stuff.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 35 of 48 (137 Views)
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 18, 2013
It's funny that people just heard that guy in the video say we don't want people to be able to hit you once or twice and combo into a level 1 and then someone comes and says no that's how the game was made. You just heard the makers of the game say that's not how they wanted it!
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 36 of 48 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Divine, that's the exact quote I was talking about in my earlier post.  I think Fromundraman asked Maj that question, too.

Notice how it's not really a concrete Yes or No on the matter? Most KC's in this game definitely don't fall under "difficult, risky, situational, or impractical." And if the result "seems" mostly okay, then what are the exceptions? It seems like this answer only raises more questions.

Believe me, I'd like to see these arguments end just as much as everyone else. So SuperBot, or SSM, please address this issue head on!

Message 37 of 48 (120 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

MarcusSoul wrote:
It's funny that people just heard that guy in the video say we don't want people to be able to hit you once or twice and combo into a level 1 and then someone comes and says no that's how the game was made. You just heard the makers of the game say that's not how they wanted it!

In July.  Meanwhile, in November, Seth Killian commented on some good confirms that an Evil Cole had done in WNF, and even pointed out that you can up-grab into his lvl1.

Edit: I'd assume the exceptions were the ones that have been fixed thus far.  Either way, now it doesn't matter what SuperBot thinks, anyway.  And we all know who's leading SSM's PSAS team, the very same guy who made the comments in WNF that I mentioned above.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 38 of 48 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Not an ego maniac at all just someone who plays jak, a character who has no reliable confirms because you can SEE ME setting up for it, so I instead just go for lvl 3 99/100 times. I avoid confirms and find them VERY easy to deal with. Yea I'm sure a ton of the people talking smack to others on this site are egotistical and just think they are good, but if you knew me personally you would know I am very humble. This is THE ONLY game i have ever played where I have any confidence, so therefore I do sometimes come off as arrogant but its just me having an ASIS_AKA_TALENT moment. I am working on just ignoring these threads but being that they take up like 50% of the threads on page 1 its really just obnoxious at this point. THEY NEED TO STOP. I want to see people posting videos of new tech or discussing character changes and DLC ideas, not more "WAAAAH I DIED TO ANOTHER RAIDEN WAAAAHHH"

I get it, its annoying to see them hit level 1 then fly all over the screen doing his various dashes fishing for a confirm, but heres what you do, avoid it and punish. Block and punish. OR JUST JUMP. No confirm works when you are airborne so just jump, they will tire of the fishing for a confirm and try to attack you, and the match resumes. Its not everyones optimal solution but trust me it works.

EDIT: same for my drake, I do not just rely on fishing for lvl 1 kills to win, I go for lvl 2's and 3's the entire time, and yea I do sometimes confirm the lvl 2 off a wall bounce or an up grab, but that is to just be flashy, why not show off how well i know the character and how to utilize the wall bounces and grabs with a confirm? It looks cool, makes people jealous (or mad whatever you want to call it), and then I'll see the guy I just did the wall bounce confirm on try it the next match and fail, because they require experience and not just a single button press then super. Favorite one is some combo, end it with the aerial drop kick, wall bounce, lvl 2 confirm. You can even catch 2 people in some of drakes combos, and get 2 confirms after actually comboing them. I do not use any one hit confirms anymore because they are not very reliable when people are good. When I faced pb_mal the other night in a FFA that was just a 1v1 because the other 2 guys quit instantly when they saw I had a black belt and that pb_mal was in the game (not sure what his belt is in FFA), I did not confirm him once, because I knew he was too smart to get caught by it. Knowledge > abusing k/c anyday. If I think your no good I'm gonna abuse easily predictable stuff, if your good I will know I need to get flashy on you. 

KNOWLEDGE > K/C

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 39 of 48 (113 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

Not an ego maniac at all just someone who plays jak, a character who has no reliable confirms because you can SEE ME setting up for it, so I instead just go for lvl 3 99/100 times. I avoid confirms and find them VERY easy to deal with. Yea I'm sure a ton of the people talking smack to others on this site are egotistical and just think they are good, but if you knew me personally you would know I am very humble. This is THE ONLY game i have ever played where I have any confidence, so therefore I do sometimes come off as arrogant but its just me having an ASIS_AKA_TALENT moment. I am working on just ignoring these threads but being that they take up like 50% of the threads on page 1 its really just obnoxious at this point. THEY NEED TO STOP. I want to see people posting videos of new tech or discussing character changes and DLC ideas, not more "WAAAAH I DIED TO ANOTHER RAIDEN WAAAAHHH"

I get it, its annoying to see them hit level 1 then fly all over the screen doing his various dashes fishing for a confirm, but heres what you do, avoid it and punish. Block and punish. OR JUST JUMP. No confirm works when you are airborne so just jump, they will tire of the fishing for a confirm and try to attack you, and the match resumes. Its not everyones optimal solution but trust me it works.

EDIT: same for my drake, I do not just rely on fishing for lvl 1 kills to win, I go for lvl 2's and 3's the entire time, and yea I do sometimes confirm the lvl 2 off a wall bounce or an up grab, but that is to just be flashy, why not show off how well i know the character and how to utilize the wall bounces and grabs with a confirm? It looks cool, makes people jealous (or mad whatever you want to call it), and then I'll see the guy I just did the wall bounce confirm on try it the next match and fail, because they require experience and not just a single button press then super. Favorite one is some combo, end it with the aerial drop kick, wall bounce, lvl 2 confirm. You can even catch 2 people in some of drakes combos, and get 2 confirms after actually comboing them. I do not use any one hit confirms anymore because they are not very reliable when people are good. When I faced pb_mal the other night in a FFA that was just a 1v1 because the other 2 guys quit instantly when they saw I had a black belt and that pb_mal was in the game (not sure what his belt is in FFA), I did not confirm him once, because I knew he was too smart to get caught by it. Knowledge > abusing k/c anyday. If I think your no good I'm gonna abuse easily predictable stuff, if your good I will know I need to get flashy on you. 

KNOWLEDGE > K/C

dodging and constant blocking isn't fun. they won't stop trying. they might give you the impression of stopping, but as soon as you let your guard down, their gonna do it again, and again and again. and THEN, they blame you for jumping and dodging to much... keeping your guard up for kc all the time just isnt fun, simpel as that.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 40 of 48 (86 Views)