Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Re: "Proof" the KC's are broke.

Feb 18, 2013
Watched it in the past, read relevant quote from op, not sure how my comment was indecipherable/could lead you to think I'm ignorant to the topic in question. I'm just saying the game isn't broken because you don't like "easy" combos into level ones. Most are very easy to punish (with your level 1 if you're smart) and the game hasn't been degraded to a level 1fest,I see more 2's and 3's then I expected to leading up to the games release (before I even knew about KC) the bottom line is level 1 supers are more efficient, so skilled or smart players will strive to make them connect, whether through KC, punishing, or throwing them at opportune times.

Note:rewatched video to make sure I'm not mistaken, you can tell how early those aspirations were in development when he mentions level 2's being easy to combo into. Level 2's generally NEVER need to be combo'd into if you use them at a good time (exception =ST laughable level 2)
Message 11 of 48 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 18, 2013

lol gnomewizard I know you were mad salty that kid found the videos I was talking about, but seriously this one is ancient. Might as well have shown us some papayrus with a picture of parrappa skateboarding on it. 

Sorry but anyone who plays fighting games expected PSAS to have super set-ups, just like every other fighting game. Just play shooters man this genre is not for you.

One of the best super set-ups in Street Fighter 4 is ryu's, a single shoryuken into his ultra hadoken. Sound familiar to some of the easy guys in this game? 1 hit then super? More proof this was all intended.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 12 of 48 (131 Views)
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

What they meant was a combo where you have no AP that goes straight to level one + a kill.

Where has SuperBot confirmed that this is what they meant? This quote can really be interpreted either way.

Message 13 of 48 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXPI2_6nS0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Whether you're for them or not. Here's proof. He says "we wanted it to be hard to combo into level 1" "not one hit then combo die".
Last time I checked. Every time I see somebody get hit confirmed its from one hit! Or one grab! So goodjob Superbot..

LOL DUDE HE SAYS IN THE VIDEO WE DO NOT WANT THE LVL 1'S TO BE JUST THROWN OUT THERE.

come on man do you just hear what you want to? are you even listening to these guys? just stop with the k/c threads man they are not going away noob.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 14 of 48 (128 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Do people complain about setting up into super combos in the Street Fighter series? No, they don't.

This fight, which is the greatest Street Fighter come back of all time, features super combo set ups:

Always use every tool at your disposal, otherwise you're not giving it your all.

Message 15 of 48 (123 Views)
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 18, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

What they meant was a combo where you have no AP that goes straight to level one + a kill.

Where has SuperBot confirmed that this is what they meant? This quote can really be interpreted either way.

The burst system is proof of that, or have you never seen or been bursted before? I have been following this game since the beta and I actually go on sites other than whack a$$ IGN (ya know, real fighting game news sites) and from the beta until now it has always been "cannot touch of death",  "will have combos into supers", and "no health bar" so I seriously do not get why people keep thinking any of those 3 things will or will not happen in PSAS. Instead of just thinking your right, actually look for REAL proof that anything you say should be listened to. One video from last years evo, pre-beta, is not proof of anything, just that you need to go all the way back to "highly unbalanced move sets" in order to remove something your not good enough to avoid.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 16 of 48 (116 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

Do people complain about setting up into super combos in the Street Fighter series? No, they don't.

This fight, which is the greatest Street Fighter come back of all time, features super combo set ups:

Always use every tool at your disposal, otherwise you're not giving it your all.

are you really comparing the 2? in that game everyone is able to do that, plus, they were just figthing, no instant death penalties after someone messes up for one brief second.

anyways, want to 1v1? I main jak.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 17 of 48 (107 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 18, 2013

M-Pyre wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

are you really comparing the 2? in that game everyone is able to do that, plus, they were just figthing, no instant death penalties after someone messes up for one brief second.

anyways, want to 1v1? I main jak.

Played against you plenty of times in quick matches. If it's any character I can't stand fighting against, it's Jak. Maybe Drake too.

Message 18 of 48 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I guess everyone forgot that in games like Street Fighter, you actually have a health bar and supers don't kill you in one hit. Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 48 (97 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 18, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

I guess everyone forgot that in games like Street Fighter, you actually have a health bar and supers don't kill you in one hit. Smiley Indifferent

It's still a death knell for anyone who's got about half health left.

Message 20 of 48 (95 Views)
0 Likes