It seems as if we haven’t heard anything new about PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s upcoming (initially free) DLC for a while now. Well, if you’re aching for details on the new blood set to arrive “soon” then you’re in luck.
A SuperBot Entertainment developer going under the handle of Strider_Doom has posted a lengthy list of detailed Battle Royale notes forGravity Rush‘s Kat, and Starhawk‘s Emmett Graves:
- [She's] mainly a rush-down character [who] specializes in mobility. She probably has the best mobility [out] of all the cast due to the different ways in which she can get around.
- Her square attacks are her usual kick attacks.
- Triangles are “gravity” themed moves, including her slide and gravity kicks!
- Circle is “other” stuff, including gravity pull/push moves.
- She’s a combo character! I like to compare her to a simpler Dante in terms of her combo ability. She has simple combos that build a decent amount of AP and more advanced combos that allow her to AP burst.
- She has a really cool move with neutral circle. She summons 3 pieces of random debris around her that she can hurl at opponents. The hurling has no start-up, but she is extremely vulnerable while summoning [it.] This move unlocks her advanced combos, as you can throw debris between attacks. For any of you MvC2 / COTA players, think Spiral’s swords.
- Her level 2 super is sick. It’s kind of like a reverse Sir Daniel’s level 2, except she fires downwards instead of upwards. She also has a bit of control over when and where she fires the stalagmites.
- The point of Emmett is to bring his build and battle style to PASBR. He can utilize different weapon load-outs which he summons with triangle.
- He can summon a turret to fire at opponents for extra AP. The turret is destructible, though.
- He can also summon a Rift Extractor that generates AP, similar to PaRappa’s boombox.
- His default weapon load-out is a standard rifle. He also uses a pistol in this load-out.
- For close range battles his shotgun load-out is [the] best. [It] fires quickly, [he earns] 30 AP per hit, and you can fire in multiple directions.
- Long range battles are best fought with the rocket launcher load-out. The rockets don’t travel super fast, but they’re aim-able and will travel the entire length of the screen.
- Different load-outs will also have different grenades and mines to use.
- His square attacks are melee based attacks that don’t change. They’re a bit limited, but rightfully so considering his other tools.
- His level 1 super will change depending on which load-out you have, effectively giving him 5 supers total.
- His level 3 is a transform super similar to Sweet Tooth. He jumps in his Hawk and goes to town! The Hawk has a machine gun, aerial mines, and melee attacks. What’s interesting is that circle will activate flight mode in which the Hawk flies off the screen and goes for a quick bombing run.
- Flight Mode will immediately end his level 3. Why wouldn’t you try to get some kills first before activating Flight Mode, you ask?! Well, the amount of “bombing” that the Hawk does will depend on how many kills you’ve gotten so far. So, if you’ve already scored 3 kills with the Hawk’s other moves, the bombing run won’t be as effective as it would have been if you activated at only 1 or 2 kills.
Video-philes will also be pleased to know that Strider_Doom has confirmed that both Kat and Emmett will be showcased strutting their stuff in “New Challenger” videos similar to the rest of the cast (sans the first 8 characters). The DLC also includes a new stage called Fearless, a mash-up of Heavenly Sword and WipEout.
Are you excited for the upcoming free DLC? Whose play-style seems to suit you best? Let us know in the comments.
Already a thread. This was the thread where Strider_Doom (clockw0rk) himself told us about the DLC info:
Not to mention how many guns and mines the dude has. Sounds like his learning curve is a bit high but hopefully worth the extra work.
It sure feels swell to have read this when clock first posted it. Take that, modern media!
Sorry. If it's not on the first page I'm not searching for it. When I search for things it's never titled correctly so I dont try. If it's old news don't post on the thread and let it die. Or bump it if you like. Makes me no difference