First Son
7 posts

Re: "Is This The Game You Wanted?" - Laser Lemming

Aug 30, 2012

I kind of just said that... It really blew me away that Geoff Keighley said nothing at the time though. I assume that was part of the deal to get the exclusive reveal though.

Message 21 of 31 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Also, that first picture in your article was actually a hint towards parappa I believe, which is why the dog treats are there.

the more you know 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 22 of 31 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Pretty cool hint, actually!

Or a flimsy excuse to cover up that you eat dog bacon.

Tonester, way to miss the point of the article!

Cheesus crust this board needs a quote feature.

Message 23 of 31 (84 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Aug 30, 2012

You hit "reply" on the message you want to quote, and then in the top right of the text box, there is a button that says "quote". you hit that and it quotes the message you hit "reply" on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 24 of 31 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 30, 2012
You can't do it on the mobile Site though, it's stupid.

Message 25 of 31 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 30, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

You hit "reply" on the message you want to quote, and then in the top right of the text box, there is a button that says "quote". you hit that and it quotes the message you hit "reply" on.

Man that's needlessly complicated. Thanks though.

Message 26 of 31 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 30, 2012
I actually agree about the characters. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the characters on All-Stars roster, but there's not really any iconic characters of the past on there besides Parappa and Spike and I guess Jak & Daxter. But...where are the other characters that are REALLY huge icons for Sony like Kratos is?

Message 27 of 31 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Aug 30, 2012
I wasn't talking about the article it was a general statement.
Photobucket
Message 28 of 31 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Aug 30, 2012

The reason Nintendo characters/mascots seem so much more iconic/legendary/etc. is because they've been around like twice as long as PlayStation. Not to descredit them at all, seeing as I have some fond memories of the NES, but how long has Nintendo been around versus PlayStation? It's not really a fair fight to begin with. Having said that, AS A PS FAN, I love the characters I'm familiar with (Kratos, Drake, Cole, Sackboy, Raiden, etc.). As far as I'm concerned, this game doesn't have to be iconic to 'outsiders' because it's not geared towards them to begin with. For those that the game does appeal to (PS fans), this is a dream come true (at least for me).

Message 29 of 31 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

IsntChrisL wrote:

Hello all,

I am the writer of the article being posted. First of all I would like to thank you all for the glowing compliments. Especially the guy that said I should "be punched in the stomach." Certainly a rational response to an editorial you didn't agree with.

If you get all the way through the article (which I'm SURE you all did before posting), you'd see that I compliment the game throughout the entire article. And even admit my own faults and biases at the end of it.

But I admit, I said "Smash Clone" so please throw all reason out the window and call it "the worst article I've ever read!" I'm sure Sony wouldn't want anyone to associate their fond memories of Smash Bros. with a game that clearly went out of its way not to mimic it.

Thank you for your time.

Love,

LaserLemming

I actually felt guilty about that comment, I was going to remove it due to my terrible morning grouchiness but other things got in the way. I apologize for my irrational behaviour. However, I did read your article from start to finish and I still don't agree with it, but hey, good show with not raging like most other journalists. =D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 31 (45 Views)
0 Likes