Splicer
53 posts

Re: "If ‘All-Stars Battle Royale’ Is a ‘Rip-Off’ Does That Make It Inherently Bad?" -Game

Aug 6, 2012
Lol
Message 11 of 28 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: "If ‘All-Stars Battle Royale’ Is a ‘Rip-Off’ Does That Make It Inherently Bad?" -Game

Aug 7, 2012

I think everyone has some sort of rebutle they could throw into a "rip-off" argument. It's all been said though, so i won't repeat it. >.<

Message 12 of 28 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2012

I bet you can make a mix tape out of all the people who said the word rip off.

Message 13 of 28 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Aug 7, 2012

That tape would sound soooo angry! 

Message 14 of 28 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Aug 7, 2012

In an fps you shoot someone. In another fps, oddly enough you shoot someone. Is that a rip-off? Maybe, if the game was basically taken, copy pasted and given a different name. But this is the gaming industry. You take what is successful and improve upon it, give it your own spin. Sometimes it's a huge difference that you have to look for a long time to find a connection. However considering there's very few games like the SSB series. PSABR is immediately regarded as "stealing." Even though it's expanded upon the game and done something different. This being for fans of playstation games. Why are we not allowed a similar experience?

Any game developer who claims this, is pathetic and needs to wake up. Any gamer who says this, is an idiot and should be ignored.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 15 of 28 (141 Views)
Survivor
2383 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

In an fps you shoot someone. In another fps, oddly enough you shoot someone. Is that a rip-off? Maybe, if the game was basically taken, copy pasted and given a different name. But this is the gaming industry. You take what is successful and improve upon it, give it your own spin. Sometimes it's a huge difference that you have to look for a long time to find a connection. However considering there's very few games like the SSB series. PSABR is immediately regarded as "stealing." Even though it's expanded upon the game and done something different. This being for fans of playstation games. Why are we not allowed a similar experience?

Any game developer who claims this, is pathetic and needs to wake up. Any gamer who says this, is an idiot and should be ignored.

someone finally gets it Smiley Very Happy

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 16 of 28 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Just imagine if sony created the smash bros. idea 1st.

Message 17 of 28 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Just imagine if Smash bros created the Smash bros idea first. (As in gameplay style.)

Message 18 of 28 (112 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

Kudos for the power of understanding. :-)

Photobucket
Message 19 of 28 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

Aug 7, 2012

"Rip-off" has a negative connotation. I would say it drew from Smash Bros heavily. Nothing wrong with that. That's how genres start- they take concepts from one game and then mix the rules around. These concepts becomes more refined and a genre is born, just like Super Mario 64 established basic rules of 3D games and Doom created a whole genre of 3D shooters. The same thing may happen here- maybe we'll get more games like Smash and PS All-Stars. And it won't necessarily have to be from Microsoft, smaller 3rd party studios that go multiplatform could do it too. Maybe even with an original cast. 

Message 20 of 28 (95 Views)
0 Likes