Jan 24 2013
By: Libremse257 First Son 6 posts

"How i was forced into a rageQQuit" or "Dat Matchmaking"

[ Edited ]
8 replies 183 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

So me and my friend are playing PSABR like once in a week we both are over 20 years old and maybe a little above average/casual gamers. So we are playing 2v2s on my console sometimes trying to get into ranked.

Our goal was to get a green belt which was managable for us (also we said no ragequitting like most of our enemies).

Then we hit green and tried one more match before calling it a night.

But something was different. We were used to Enemies which are around our skill level maybe a little higher or lower.

But what happened next freaked us out. As soon as the matchmaking screen popped up we knew something is different.

We faced a 999 Drake and a 999 Kratos with Black and Red belts. As soon as the match started we left the game. The question now is: will this happen always with a green belt? Did we got ranked into the "high elo" matches? Because something like this never happened before. If so, this would really ruin our casual gaming experience because we both don't have a lot of time for boot camping and gathering more skills. What kind of experiences did you make? Any tips or answers?

So far greetings from Germany Smiley Happy Libremse257

P.S. I hope my english didn't annoy you to much and i would appreciate if you could read through all this Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: "How i was forced into a rageQQuit" or "Dat Matchmaking"

Jan 24, 2013

From what I've seen so far in ranked matches the character level ( Drake 999) doesn't mean much...

A black belt means that either he quits when he is about to lose or he has an excellent strategy.

I'd say give it a try if you lose just try again. If you're playing "Casually" like you said a simple defeat won't ruin your fun! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jan 24, 2013
wow, you're one of those players...
some of us enjoy playing against really good players for a two reasons.
1. to learn from them
2. to beat them and take away their belt
Message 3 of 9 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I kind of know how you feel. I dont play ranked ever but i hating some how getting in matches with high ranked charcaters or people who are god at this game. i really think there needs to a skill setting in matchmaking so people can get in matches with people of equal skill to make the games fair. it seems like since the patch i just keep getting into games with high ranked and skilled player. I seriously think there needs to be a skill setting in a future patch.

Message 4 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Not to have to let you in on a secret that may upset you, but Green is like near the bottom of the ranks my friend. Not the worst rank but also not exactly one that will scare anyone into a quit.

(starting from the lowest rank)

No belt

White

Yellow

Blue

Green

Purple

Red

Brown

Black

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 5 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I know. But green was like our personal goal because we both are casual gamers.
Message 6 of 9 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Your goal bar is pretty low imo

raise the stakes a bit

Message 7 of 9 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 24, 2013
We would if we had the time Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 9 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yea I mean I know how hard it is for a casual to like become top 100 or something crazy like that, but if you managed green go for purple dude, it will put you in matches with players at a slightly better skill level then what you probably have been facing but they won't be insanely awesome. 1st season I honestly only got good enough to earn my Black Belt because of having to step my game up a bit each time I improved my belt from purple and above, now I'm #270 on the FFA leaderboards and have been here for a while, moving up and down but always between 200 and 300. After barely being able to even get past the D rank in SSF4 and SFxT I was really happy to play a game I could both enjoy a **bleep** ton and be pretty good at without having to devote my life to learning tactics that take years of practice. I just do not have the time to do that kind of stuff anymore, and allstars honestly is a great game for casuals and hardcores alike. 

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 9 of 9 (96 Views)
0 Likes